This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie is like a cross between a cheesecake and a cream pie. In other words, it’s incredible! This is an easy no-bake dessert with the best creamy peanut butter filling and a chocolate chip cookie crust. Learn how to make it, plus get tips for switching up every time you make it.
We are back on the peanut butter desserts because I can’t ever get enough. This time it’s a rich and creamy peanut butter chocolate chip pie because, as we all know, chocolate and peanut butter are the best of friends.
Why We Love This Peanut Butter Pie
It’s a no-bake pie otherwise known as a no-heating-up-the-house pie. During the summer, this is the best!
The easy version of this pie includes making an easy no-bake crust and making the filling with homemade whipped cream. And then there is the really easy version which includes buying a premade crust and using Cool Whip for the filling. Both versions work. Both are amazing.
You also have choices! I love a dessert that can be easily switched up, and this is a great one for that. Switch out the crust and try some other mix-ins. I’m sharing my best tips so you can make it your own.
Table of Contents
- Crust: See the tips section for links, but I love using my Chocolate chip cookie crust for this recipe!
- Cream Cheese: Be sure to let it come to room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter, a traditional no-stir, is what I used.
- Powdered Sugar: To sweeten the filling
- Vanilla extract: For flavor
- Heavy Whipping Cream: To make the whipped cream for the filling you need to use cold heavy whipping cream
- Mini chocolate chips: you can substitute regular
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
1. Make the crust and chill it. If you use a store-bought crust, you can skip this step!
2. Make the Filling: Combine the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Make Whipped Cream: In a separate bowl, beat the cream at high speed until stiff peaks form.
4. FOLD: Spoon the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Gently fold it in to combine. Do this slowly (and don’t stir) so you don’t deflate the whipped cream.
5. Assemble: Stir in the chocolate chips and then spread the filling in the crust. Chill the pie for at least one hour before serving it.
- Try a Different Crust: This recipe works with other crusts, too! Try a graham cracker, shortbread, Nutter Butter, or Oreo crust. You can also use a prepared crust from the store.
- Filling Tip: For the best filling, use no-stir peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter is great, but you can use chunky peanut butter, too.
- Whipped Cream: To make it easier, use Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream.
- Mix-ins: You can use regular chocolate chips or try chopped candy like chopped chocolate candies or candy bars. I’ve also use nuts as a mix-in, and they’re great, too!
- Storage: The pie will keep for up to four days in the refrigerator. If you want to freeze the pie, use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream in the filling.
You will not be disappointed when you slice into this cold and creamy chocolate chip cheesecake pie. You might also have trouble stopping after just one slice – I know I do! The combination of the creamy filling with the crunchy cookie crust is about the best thing ever. And the peanut butter and chocolate combo? No one can resist it. Enjoy!
More No Bake Pie Recipes To Try
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust see other options in notes
- 8 225g ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup 200g creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup 85g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 90g mini chocolate chips
- Prepare desired pie crust and chill while preparing filling.
- Mix cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth, then mix in powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- In another bowl, beat heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add whipped cream to peanut butter mixture and fold carefully and slowly until mixture comes together. Don’t mix it too fast or the whipped cream will break, causing a wet and loose pie filling.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spread filling in pie crust and chill at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• Use my graham cracker, shortbread, peanut butter cookie or Oreo crust recipe instead
• Buy a store-bought crust Substitutions:
• You can use chunky peanut butter but make sure either way to use a no-stir peanut butter
• Substitute one container (8 ounces) whipped topping for the fresh whipped cream. If you use Cool Whip you can freeze the pie.
• Feel free to use regular sized chocolate chips, or even substitute chopped candy or nuts.
This is an easy no-bake dessert with the best creamy peanut butter filling and a chocolate chip cookie crust. It is sure to be a hit when you make it!
Last Updated on May 20, 2022