These Candy Corn Magic Bars are perfect for Halloween! They have a graham cracker crust and are topped with white chocolate and peanut butter chips, coconut, and candy corn!
October is next week. Um, what? I’m at a loss for words over the fact that it’s OCTOBER that soon.
October means Halloween. Which means I need to start turning out Halloween treats. Witches, Ghosts, Pumpkins, Eyeballs. Problem is…every time I start thinking Halloween I’m coming up crickets.
So, until I get my cutesy inspiration back, I’m going to stick with my black t-shirt of goodies: the magic bar.
Specifically Candy Corn Magic Bars. A seven-layer magic bar made with candy corn. So it’s perfect for Halloween!
I am one of those people who doesn’t really like candy corn straight up. I like it in things…like mixes or cookies or fudge, snack mix or bark. But alone, it’s not my favorite. Actually, it’s those dreaded two words…too sweet.
But no. When you add it to magic bars, it’s not too sweet. All that other sugar cuts the sweetness. Or…something. 🙂 Plus, peanuts or peanut butter (or peanut butter chips) go so well with candy corn, like when you make Butterfinger Fudge or Payday Fudge.
Candy Corn Magic Bars are perfect for Halloween because they’re full of candy corn and sweetness!
Let’s talk about the layers in these perfect Halloween Magic Bars!
- Graham cracker crust: you can use a box of graham cracker crumbs or make your own!
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips: peanut butter and candy corn go so well together!
- Coconut: a magic bar staple, but you can substitute peanuts
- Candy Corn, obviously
- Sweetened Condensed Milk, what makes the magic happen!
These magic bars are way too good. Addicting, even. The candy corn is so pretty on the top. These would be a wow at a Halloween party…or just because you want to eat them.
How to make the perfect candy corn magic bars:
- Be sure to use fresh candy corn, not the stuff that’s been in your pantry for a year. It’ll get meltier and not be hard after baking.
- If you’re worried about the candy corn, you can add it after baking but I’ve made this several times and it’s not been hard.
- If you can’t find peanut butter chips you can use butterscotch or more white chocolate.
- Add some chopped peanuts to make this taste like a payday candy bar!
- If your kids hate coconut you can leave it out.
I think this is the mood I’m in for Halloween!
Candy Corn Magic Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- I used a box of graham cracker crumbs, but if you only have actual graham crackers, process them in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Stir into butter. Press into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, and candy corn over the top. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until they get golden around the edges. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Last Updated on May 30, 2020
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: September 23, 2018