Jul 03

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Two ingredients – that’s all you need to make these cookie cups.

I mean, it’s almost embarrassing that I’m calling this a recipe. But I am, because it’s probably my favorite cookie in a very long time: Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups - only 2 ingredients! These come together in minutes!

I looooooove Junior Mints. I’ll explain why in another post sometime (it’s food related) but every time I see a box I just can’t help picking one up. Something about the cool mint and smooth center gets me every time.

Also, a 4 ounce box should be considered less than a serving. Is it just me or is it too easy to inhale the whole thing in less than 5 minutes?

A few months ago I bought a couple boxes of Junior Mints with the intention of making chocolate chip cookies with them. I figured – one box for baking with and one box for props and for eating.

Two more failed recipes later, I still had several boxes left but I was out of patience, so I gave up and started eating my way through the boxes.

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Then as I was starting to get ready for our trip to Palm Springs, I realized I had no baked goods to take with me. If I didn’t act quickly, I’d be left eating store bought cookies all week.

Oh, the horror. #firstworldproblems

With the rush of packing and work and shuttling Jordan to camp (because OMG the shuttling and carpooling is way worse in summer, is it not?) I was almost out of time and the last thing I wanted to do was wash another freaking dish.

So I went the easy route and made 2-ingredient cookie cups.

All you need are cookie dough…and Junior Mints!

Two-Ingredient Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

I was cleaning out the refrigerator since we’d be gone for a week when I found a 1.5 pound log of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I don’t remember when I bought it (or why) but it was my road trip dessert savior.

All you need to do to make these cookie cups is to scoop 1 tablespoon balls of refrigerated cookie dough into mini muffin pans. Heck, you don’t even have to do it. Pay your 3-year old to do it, it’s that easy.

Now, if you don’t like using refrigerated dough, or you want to make your own, go ahead. If I’d had more time and patience, I would have used my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. That recipe would make about double this one. Or, you could use my favorite (smaller batch) chocolate chip cookie recipe, minus the Kit Kats. Either recipe will work fabulously for these cookies.

Once the cookie cups bake, you add the best part: a Junior Mint.

These cookies are like blossom cookies, only they’re in cup form. Baking them in mini muffin pans makes it so you don’t have to worry about spreading cookies. Plus, the cup is the perfect holder for the Junior Mint.

If you’ve never had Junior Mints + Chocolate Chip Cookies before, you’re in for a real treat. The flavors are perfect for each other. The creamy cool and smooth mint adds some great flavor to a perfect chocolate chip cookie.

Plus, there are only 2 ingredients and these can be in your belly in under 20 minutes.

That’s my kind of cookie!

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

These went on our road trip with us…but they didn’t make it home. :)

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Yield: 30 cookies

Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

The easiest cookie recipe EVER! Just two ingredients to a wonderful minty chocolate chip cookie cup!

• 16 ounces chocolate chip cookie dough (I used half of a 32 ounce tube of Pillsbury cookie dough)
  • 30 Junior mints (from a 4 ounce box)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray (I like the kind with flour for these).
  2. Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of cooke dough in each muffin cavity.
  3. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are a light golden brown.
  4. Press a junior mint on top of the cookies right after they come out of the oven. Let cool completely before removing from pans.

Notes

Make these from scratch using this chocolate chip cookie recipe (or this one, omitting the Kit Kats). Note that using one of these recipes will net you more than 30 cookies, so have more pans available!

Kit Kat Cookies

Kit Kat Cookies (5 of 5)w

Toffee Chocolate Chippers

Toffee Chocolate Chippers (1 of 4)w

Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies (XL with brown butter!)

bakery-style-chocolate-chip-cookies (3 of 6)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes (2 of 6)w

Neapolitan Cookie Cups by i am baker
Gingerbread Cookie Cups by Creative Juice
Double Chocolate Junior Mint Cookies by Picky Palate

36 Responses to “Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on July 3, 2014 at 3:35 am (#)

Between your ice cream-stuffed photo shoot yesterday and your mini cookies today, you sure are a glutton for punishment, aren’t you :) And I love you for it! They look delish! pinned of course!

2. Mir posted on July 3, 2014 at 4:10 am (#)

I love husbands who go in candy runs!
    These are so phenomenal! And I love doing this with PB cups, too. Such a great idea to use the Junior Mints!

3. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:17 am (#)

I totally forgot about junior mints until this post, Dorothy! My brother used to eat them all the time when we were little, so he would definitely love these. What a great recipe!

4. Ashton posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:18 am (#)

It won’t come as any surprise to you that I have chocolate chip cookie cups (using Pillsbury) in the works as well!! It REALLY is a lttle bizarre sometimes!! :) These look awesome— my mom LOVE junior mints, so I can’t wait to show her these! Pinned :)

5. Tieghan posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:46 am (#)

I love cookie bite of any kind! These are the perfect party dessert for this weekend!

6. Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat. posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:58 am (#)

While I do prefer homemade cookies, a nice tube of cookie dough is always great to have in the fridge. I love the simplicity of this and I definitely love jr. mints. I always think of Seinfeld when I hear/see Jr mints :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 3rd, 2014 at 6:42 am

99% of the time I love home made too, but gosh the cookie logs are just so easy. :) You can totally use your favorite cookie dough for these too!

7. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on July 3, 2014 at 6:01 am (#)

I love cookie cups, and filled with a junior mint? Totally all over these!! I hope you have a wonderful Fourth tomorrow :) Pinned these!

8. Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy posted on July 3, 2014 at 7:22 am (#)

Okay, one more thing we have in common – I am a Junior Mint freak too! It’s one of my very favorite candies! These cookie cups are amazing. Plus, oh the carpooling horrors. Summer is the worst! #momtaxi But everything is better with Junior Mints and cookie cups! Pinned!

9. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on July 3, 2014 at 7:58 am (#)

I need these cookie cups in my life. Why are cookie cups such a revelation???

10. whatjessicabakednext posted on July 3, 2014 at 9:12 am (#)

These look amazing, Dorothy! Love the flavours, so delicious.

11. Librarian Lavender posted on July 3, 2014 at 10:31 am (#)

Those cookies are looking so good and I can’t believe how easy it is to make them :). Great recipe!

12. Matt Robinson posted on July 3, 2014 at 10:59 am (#)

Love these little bites, especially the junior mints!!

13. Kelly - Life Made Sweeter posted on July 3, 2014 at 11:01 am (#)

These look adorable Dorothy! Love junior mints and they sound so awesome in these cookie cups! Perfect party bites – pinning!

14. Rachel Cooks posted on July 3, 2014 at 11:43 am (#)

oh heck yes — love junior mints, love these!

15. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on July 3, 2014 at 1:28 pm (#)

Chocolate chip anything has become a weakness of mine so it’s no secret to say I would luuurrrvvveee these.

Those candy mint chocolates on top look good too, and you could pretty much switch up anything on the top too. #inspirational

16. Jessica @ Sweet Menu posted on July 3, 2014 at 3:08 pm (#)

I love mint! These are so cute!

17. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on July 3, 2014 at 3:33 pm (#)

These are super fun! Love that they only have two ingredients. I think I would like to road trip with you… no store bought cookies. Too funny!

18. Crystal posted on July 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm (#)

Love this recipe!! Junior Mints are delicious! I love eating them while watching a movie…yum!!

19. Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm (#)

OMG…these look amazing….good thing the recipe makes 30, because I want to eat a lot of these! Thank you for sharing

20. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:39 pm (#)

I love Junior Mints too, except for the harder ones that are sometimes in there. Your pics are gorgeous.

21. The Better Baker posted on July 3, 2014 at 5:44 pm (#)

Brilliant! Hafta wonder…why didn’t I think of that? Terrific idea – I’m a big Jr. Mints fan too. YUM-O!!

22. Laurie F. posted on July 3, 2014 at 7:08 pm (#)

These are going on our trip, too, only we are flying (no waiting for those tiny bags of peanuts)!

23. Mindy Cone posted on July 3, 2014 at 7:32 pm (#)

thanks for including my gingerbread cookie cups! this looks amazing – i’ll have to give it a go!! xoxo

24. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on July 4, 2014 at 9:36 am (#)

fun! love how simple and tasty these minty cookie cups are!

25. Denise | Sweet Peas & Saffron posted on July 4, 2014 at 10:22 am (#)

Every time I see a Junior Mint I think of that Seinfeld episode ;) These cookie cups look absolutely scrumptious, and I just love the easy factor!

26. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on July 4, 2014 at 11:31 pm (#)

Aww, that’s so sweet that Mel made sure you’d have enough for recipe testing (and nibbling too!)! :) Junior Mints (and Peppermint Patties — basically their grown-up cousins) were always my mom’s favorite candy. With how much she adores cookies too, she’d fall head over heels for your cookie cups! So happy you’re back home, and it sounds like you had a fabulous vacation too!

27. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on July 5, 2014 at 9:26 pm (#)

I’m pretty much in heaven with these!!!

28. Kayla posted on July 6, 2014 at 1:20 pm (#)

This looks delicious! I must admit, I love junior mints too :)

30. Jocelyn@Brucrewlife posted on July 11, 2014 at 12:49 am (#)

“One failed recipe later I texted my husband to stop and buy more. He brought home about 8 boxes of Junior Mints! #itswhyilovehim” – I’ve totally been there!! And my hubby knows to buy a few extras for just in case! Ha! Gotta love these guys of ours! And I totally love these cookies. ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 11th, 2014 at 6:24 am

Isn’t it awesome they know us so well?? Thanks Jocelyn!

31. Kristyn posted on July 12, 2014 at 7:13 am (#)

Simple AND yummy! Thanks for another great recipe. :)

32. Pingback: Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups - Crazy for Crust