get new recipes in your email box:

Jun 19

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza

Tonight we are letting Jordan stay up super late to watch the fireworks. Well, that’s the plan anyway. A 9:30pm start time is going to be interesting, especially since she usually goes to bed at 8! I think we’ll be needing this Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza come Friday morning as a pick-me-up.

I’m so excited to have my friend Trish here today. She blogs over at Mom on Timeout and makes some of my favorite recipes like Turtle Thumbprints and Strawberry Lime Agua Fresca, and she loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as much as I do! Be sure to go by and check out some of her amazing sweet and savory eats!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza | A recipe inspired by Disney!

Hi there! My name is Trish and I blog over at Mom On Timeout. I have two rambunctious and sweet little boys who keep me very busy…very, VERY busy. They are my official taste testers and Reece, my six year old, is brutally honest. I mean brutally. He’ll be like “Well, it’s good, but not THAT good.” Yeah. Those recipes never get shared πŸ™‚ Here are some of our favorites:

mom-on-timeout-recipes

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies | Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup | Monster Trail Mix Bars

Green Smoothies Your Kids Will Love | Chocolate Toffee No-Bake Cookies

I am so excited to be guest posting for Dorothy while she’s at the Happiest Place on Earth. I would be more excited if I was on the Matterhorn WITH her right now… oh well! So Dorothy is off at Disneyland and you and I are at home…life isn’t fair but hey, at least I’ve got something yummy for you today!

When Dorothy asked me to share a post with you today I immediately thought how fun it would be to share a copycat Disneyland recipe. I mean half the fun of Disneyland is eating right? We are frequent visitors of Disneyland (it’s kind of like our favorite place to be) and one of our favorite places to visit is Goofy’s Kitchen.

We always purchase our Disneyland vacation through Costco and it comes with some nice perks including a character dining pass. Goofy’s Kitchen has always been our favorite character dining experience. The boys love to ride the monorail over to the restaurant and the dinner is just awesome!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza | A recipe inspired by Disney!

One of our favorite items is the Peanut Butter & Jelly Pizza. I started thinking that this pizza would be fun to re-create. It’s got a crust and peanut butter – two of Dorothy’s favorite things! Of course – it’s not very sweet. Definitely not up to Dorothy’s standards! So I changed it up a bit and made a sugar cookie crust with peanut butter frosting and jelly. Did you start drooling a little cause I just did…

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza | A recipe inspired by Disney!

So let’s talk about the frosting for just a sec. Peanut butter frosting. Life really does not get any better than this. Creamy, peanut buttery, and just plain delicious. It whips up in a heartbeat and if you can keep your finger out of it long enough it looks oh-so pretty on the sugar cookie pizza. Doesn’t it? I love that you can just slice and serve this incredible cookie just like pizza. The boys gave it two thumbs WAY up and my husband asked if I could make this for our next party…guess it’s a winner!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza | A recipe inspired by Disney!

Well Dorothy, you may be in Disneyland but we’re here enjoying some Better-Than-Disneyland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza. I’ll see if I can’t save a slice for ya! Can’t wait to hear how your trip went!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza | A recipe inspired by Disney!

Be sure to check out the recipe here!

48 comments on “Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza

1. This is awesome! Trish, love the way you think! Tons of PB & J and and easy dessert! Perfect!

Hope you’re having fun on the trip, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I know! Trish is amazing. Thanks Averie!

2. Awesome!! Wat a fun twist on PB &J!

Have fun on your trip!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Thanks Tieghan! It was a blast. πŸ™‚

3. HECK YES. This looks great!!

4. Ever since I left my job at Disney, Disney copycat recipes have been my FAVORITE. I love this, because it’s Disney AND PB&J.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I have SO MANY RECIPES to copycat since being there last week. OMG. I can’t wait!

5. Mine usually go to bed at 7:30 and they were up until 10:30 every night in Disney! It was the adrenaline…and churros. The fireworks are worth it!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Totally worth it! Although, she’s still recovering 4 days later, lol. I don’t think we could have done it more than one night!

6. Trish, this looks SO good! I love peanut butter and jelly but have never had it in pizza form. We have to try this!

7. Love how you did the swirl on the top

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I know, it’s so pretty! Thanks Erin!

8. Oh my goodness this looks absolutely fantastic. I can’t wait to try it! Hope you are having fun on your trip!

9. I did this one time for the kids and they loved it but not on a cookie dough crust! Delish!

10. As an any-kind-of-pizza lover this looks right up my street! Sweet pizza…yum πŸ™‚

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I know, right? Pizza at all meals and dessert. πŸ™‚

11. Have mercy! These would take my midnight snack pb sandwiches to a whole other level! Amazing, Dorothy!

13. So much fun… This is a different version that a recipe we have be slacking on putting up.. So yum!!! Need to try this sometime!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I can’t wait to see yours!

14. Absolutely fantastic idea! So kid-friendly πŸ™‚

15. So glad you liked the pizza Dorothy πŸ™‚ I know you’re having a blast at Disneyland right now and I am SO jealous πŸ˜‰ Thanks for letting me guest post for ya!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thank you!! This is AMAZING.

16. Anything with peanutbutter- amazing!

17. Wow! This looks amazing. I literally grew up on PB&J, so this new unique way to eat it looks pretty awesome!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:56 pm

It’s probably my favorite way! πŸ™‚

18. O. M. G. Dorothy, this is brilliant and I am pretty sure I could come up with a low carb, gf version that my kids would love! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Thanks Carolyn! Trish is a genius. πŸ™‚

19. Trish, PB & J pizza for dessert … I must try it! Dorothy, I hope you are having fun!

20. Pingback: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza

21. I had an 8 pm bedtime too! At least until I was 10 years old. It was a real treat to stay up until 9 or 10 pm at a sleepover, but I always came home exhausted the next day. My internal alarm clock woke me up by 6 am whether I liked it or not!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:49 pm

We did the fireworks in Disney and OMG. She’s STILL recovering and that was 4 days ago!

• Amy replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Aww, too cute! Early bedtimes the next few nights? πŸ˜‰ (Although I wanted to rebel at my 8 pm bedtime during the summer… I couldn’t fall asleep until after it was completely dark out!)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 26th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Ha, her bedtime is 7:30 EVERY night. πŸ™‚ I’m evil Bwahahahaha!

• Amy replied on June 26th, 2013 at 7:18 pm

You gotta get your Mom-time in somehow!!

22. I can never get enough PB&J- love it trish

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I know. It’s kind of blow-your-mind amazing, huh??

23. Pingback: Top FIVE Thursday Vibes- 8.1.2013 | Everything's a Thing