Feb 22

Whatever Friday {Instagram, Birthdays, and nkotb}

It’s Friday! Ready for your weekly dose of random and sugar? Good!

1. My mom’s birthday party was great! I cannot wait to put together a post for you. Soon. I hope. :)

2. Jordan’s birthday is never ending. We celebrated with my parents on Sunday, with Hayley on Monday, her actual birthday was Tuesday, and her party is tomorrow. I want my birthdays to last a week!

In case you missed it on Instagram, here’s the highlights from the 8th birthday. You know you want to see!

*crickets*

bday collage WF

My parents got Jordan a guitar for her birthday. Mel built her a stage. Watching her up on it, there really was no better gift for her. She’s at home showing off. :)

Oh, and in case you missed it Tuesday night, which was National Chocolate Mint Day, BTW, here was Jordan’s birthday cake:

Chocolate Mint Poke Cake

Chocolate-Mint-Poke-Cake-4-words

3. This week I made some other sugar too. Want some?

Lemon Pound Cake {Pure magic, let me tell you.}

lemon-pound-cake-1-words

Funfetti Chocolate Chip Scones {Best scones everrrrrr.}

Funfetti-Chocolate-Chip-Scones-3-words

Nutter Butter Butterscotch Blondies {aka Kitchen Sink Blondies}

nutter butter butterscotch blondies 2 words

Oh, and I got a new blog design!! You like?

4. I’m really, really, really behind in my reader. The last few weeks…well. Crazy. I’m sorry if I’ve been neglectful. I’ll try to catch up next week!

5. In preparation for her party, my mom did a lot of cleaning out of their house. I came home with several boxes, one of which was full of this stuff:

WF NKOTB

I kept everything. Obviously.

The things I’m most afraid of in that pile are these:

WF NKOTB 2

Remember those notebooks I told you about? Where I wrote my love story with Joey McIntyre? That’s them. Full on with chapters, revisions, edits, and a dedication page. And a disclaimer on the front cover: “Please give to Lyd if anything should happen to me.” (Lyd was my BFF.) I wonder what I thought was going to happen to me?

I cannot believe how crazed about them I was.

I’m totally not anymore. I didn’t cry at all when their concert this June sold out in 5 minutes. Really.

6. Speaking of crazy obsessions, I’m re-reading the Twilight series right now. I ran out of library books, so these are the next best thing. I’m almost done with New Moon (again, for the third time). And I’m as lovesick and crazed and obsessed with it as I was the first time. Like, OMG Bella! Hurry up and run across that square, dammit! And when he realized she was alive? I may have giggled and sighed in relief. People. I’ve read the book twice before and seen the movie three times. What is wrong with me?

Even as I wrote that paragraph? Butterflies in my stomach.

Sigh.

And on that note, I think I’ll leave all you Twi-hards with butterflies too. Because you totally have them, right?

Have a great weekend!

Connect with me!

22 Responses to “Whatever Friday {Instagram, Birthdays, and nkotb}”

1. Ashton posted on February 22, 2013 at 6:11 am (#)

bahahahahaha! I totally thought National Chocolate Mint Day was yesterday!! Seriously– what am I doing on the internet??? I have WAY to much access to embarrassing situations! And why does nobody stop me?? LOL

2. Sue Ware @ The Witch's Kitchen posted on February 22, 2013 at 6:12 am (#)

I can truthfully say I was never THAT crazy about bands when I was young. The closest I got was when I tried to get through on Rock Line for HOURS because I wanted to tell Vince Neil (the lead singer for Motley Crue) that I wanted the key to the handcuffs that he wore on his belt loops.

Ahhhhhh, youth~

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 22nd, 2013 at 6:22 am

LOL!!! That’s too funny. I never would have had the guts to do that. :)

3. Ashton posted on February 22, 2013 at 6:14 am (#)

PS- I was re-reading the Hunger Games for like the 20th time, and I made myself stop and switch to a new book yesterday. Because I am getting ridiculous.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 22nd, 2013 at 6:23 am

Ha, that series is next. I told myself I was not going to re-read Eclipse, because I didn’t really LOVE it and guess what I started last night? #hopeless

4. Mom posted on February 22, 2013 at 7:24 am (#)

Wow, I wish I had a little more time before the party so that I could have looked through those boxes before you took them home! I may have learned some things about my baby all these years later!!! lol

5. Trish @ Mom On Timeout posted on February 22, 2013 at 7:37 am (#)

I think I’ve got you and Ashton beat – I’ve been reading Twilight AND The Hunger Games because clearly, I don’t have enough to do. Two weekends ago my husband was out with his friends and I watched The Hunger Games at home. By myself. Because I’m cool like that. Seriously though Dorothy – how do you do all that you do? {Is that a song??} You’re weeks are always so jam-packed!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Mel is going to be gone this week and I’m SO watching as many Twilight movies as I can, lol. And, well, the time. I only have one kid and she’s in school…that makes it easier! :)

6. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on February 22, 2013 at 7:48 am (#)

I get like that with the Twilight books too! Lol I’ve read them each around 12 times…yes I’m insane.

OMG so fun birthday times! What did you guys do with Hayley?

ahahahaa NKOTB!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Hayley bought Jordan the cutest birthday dress. :) Jordan is in love with her, which is good. I want Jordan to grow up to be like Hayley!

7. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on February 22, 2013 at 3:02 pm (#)

I feel like I’ve missed so much. :( Sorry for being a sucky blog friend.

Happy belated birthday to Jordan. She certainly is a lucky puppy having an all-week birthday. She’s a real rock star now and her poke cake looks droolicious!

I love the nostalgia of finding your old goodies. I never did that. Unfortunately when I moved out of my parents at 18 I took my stuff with me and in reality I was still a baby at 18 and didn’t realise their significance so I ditched them all. :( One of my friends found some stuff we’d created together though which was embarrassing yet cool at the same time. Heh!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Stop it! You’re a great blog friend! :) I probably would have thrown it all out too! Now I can’t bare to get rid of it, but I don’t want to keep it either!

8. Shiloh Barkley posted on February 22, 2013 at 6:19 pm (#)

Haha to your notebooks! Scary fo show!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I know! I want to read them…but I’m SO scared…

9. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on February 22, 2013 at 8:20 pm (#)

I love that you got your old notebooks. It brings me back in time!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Totally right? Thanks Tonia!

10. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on February 22, 2013 at 8:26 pm (#)

Oh my. Just love all the nkotb stuff. You should go to the concert for a real throwback.

I wish my birthday lasted a week as well.. Haha

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I wanted to go SO bad! Maybe they’ll come back again soon, ha!

11. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on February 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm (#)

My daughter would go NUTS for that stage and microphone set up. She loves loves loves dancing and goofing around in her room and singing and that would be the ultimate present for her. I’d buy it off you if I could :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

LOL! She’s loving using it – and so are her friends. :)