Just watching the gymnastic trials has gotten me in the mood. I wish I could set up a tarp and pretend to be Nadia.
But then I’d probably break something.
Instead I’ll just sit and eat gold medals.
- 1 cup brownie mix (dry)
- 1 tablspoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- Cherry and Blue Raspberry Airheads (from a pack of mini Airheads)
- 1 package CandiQuik Candy Coating
- Edible gold spray
To Make Hand Pies:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crusts and cut small circles, re-rolling pie crust as necessary. (Depending in the size of cookie cutter, you will get about 24 circles per crust.)
- Mix brownie mix, water, and oil. Spoon ½ teaspoon of mix on 24 circles. Wet the edges of the pie crust and top with remaining circles. Pinch closed with the tines of a fork.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for about 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the medals: Once hand pies are cool, melt your CandiQuik according to package directions. Dip each hand pie in the melts, covering completely. Tap off excess and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill or freeze to harden. Once the candy is hardened, spray with edible gold spray. Chill to dry.
To make necklace:
- Cut each Airhead into three strips. (If you are using regular sized Airheads, cut them in half first, so you get six strips.)
- Heat one red and one blue strip in the microwave for 5 seconds. While warm, roll/stretch them to the desired length.
- Overlap the two colors slightly and roll with a rolling pin to seal them together. Repeat with two more strips and then press the two strips together to make a necklace.
- Place a small spoonful of white candy melts on the end of the necklace. Press a hand pie to the melted candy and hold until it sticks. Let dry before serving. Keep chilled, or they will stick.
Chef in Training, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Chic-and-Crafty, Tastetastic Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, I’m Lovin’ it Fridays, Sweets for a Saturday, A Well-Seasoned Life, Strut your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Weekend Potluck, and all of these too!