Oct 31

Oreo Jack-o’-Lanterns {Last Minute Halloween Treats}

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and all of a sudden you remember something you’re supposed to do but haven’t prepared for it?

Or maybe your kid likes to tell you he needs treats for his entire class the next day as you’re kissing him goodnight?

Well, this is a recipe for such an occasion.

Do you need a quick, last-minute Halloween treat? Maybe you need something for a class party or you want to surprise your daughter with a pre-sugar coma sugary sweet treat. Either way, these pumpkins are as easy as…well, as easy as dipping Oreos in chocolate.

Happy Halloween! Will you be like me and eat all your kids good chocolate after they go to bed tonight?

Oreo Jack-o’-Lanterns

Ingredients:

Oreos
Orange Candy Melts
Black Candy Melts or black food writer

Directions:

Melt orange and black candy melts according to package directions. Dip Oreos in orange candy and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet. Chill to harden. Place the black candy melts in a Ziploc sandwich bag and cut off a corner. Pipe eyes, nose, and mouth onto the hardened orange Oreos. Let dry.

11 Responses to “Oreo Jack-o’-Lanterns {Last Minute Halloween Treats}”

1. Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels posted on October 31, 2011 at 7:20 am (#)

Oh my goodness these are soooo cute and what an incredible idea! I’m Oreo obsessed so I pretty much think these are the most amazing Halloween treats I’ve seen. :)

2. Ann posted on October 31, 2011 at 8:35 am (#)

These are great! What a terrific last minute snack and I LOVE oreos!

3. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on October 31, 2011 at 9:59 am (#)

What a great idea! How festive! Happy Halloween! :)

4. Shannon posted on October 31, 2011 at 10:29 am (#)

What are great last minute idea! You can never go wrong with Oreos dipped in chocolate!! Happy Halloween!

5. Nazarina A posted on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 am (#)

This is perfect, festive & cute! Thanks for sharing this brilliant idea with us!
    Happy Halloween!

6. Joy @ Joy Of Desserts posted on October 31, 2011 at 12:10 pm (#)

That’s great. I think every kid has done that to us at one time or another. Thank you for linking your easy last minute Halloween treat at Joy of Desserts, Dorothy.

7. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on October 31, 2011 at 4:10 pm (#)

@Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels
    Thanks, that’s so sweet! I’m rather Oreo obsessed too. :) Happy Halloween!

@Ann
    Thanks! Easy is best for days like these. :)

@Jennifer @ Mother Thyme
    Thanks! Happy Halloween to you too! :)

@Shannon
    That’s for sure! Happy Halloween! :)

8. betty posted on October 31, 2011 at 9:07 pm (#)

they are perfect, easy and they look great

9. Cooking for My Kids posted on November 1, 2011 at 6:24 am (#)

So cute! I pinned it so that I can use the idea next year. :) Happy November!

10. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on November 1, 2011 at 7:09 pm (#)

@Cooking for My Kids
    Thanks for pinning! Happy November to you too. :)

11. Pingback: Halloween Round-Up | Crazy for Crust