This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – I’ve gone and done it: I’ve made the chocolate chip cookie even better. I stuffed a Reese’s INSIDE! Skip dinner, these Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a meal all by themselves!
I can’t even express to you how amazing these Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are. Were. (Very much “were”, they didn’t last long!)
My favorite brown butter chocolate chip cookie, saturated with mini chocolate chips, stuffed with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Oh man, these were my undoing. (As is everything on this site…but these especially).
You’d think that 2 tablespoons of cookie dough sandwiched with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup would be filling, but nope. Turns out they’re way too easy to eat one after the other when you’re binge reading The Martian in two days flat.
(Have you read that book? Oh my gosh, my new obsession. I almost went back and re-read it immediately. I spent the entire book fearing the end…and now I want to see the movie extra bad. If it’s 1% as good as the book, it’ll be amazing.)
Reading and cookie binging…that’s pretty much how I do the weekends around here.
So, what makes these cookies so amazing?
DUH, they’re STUFFED WITH A REESE’S.
How To Make Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
But besides that? The cookie dough. As we talked about a few weeks ago, this cookie dough is the bomb dot com. I was actually told by one reader that it was “better than Alton Brown’s recipe” which, really, made my life.
Brown butter in cookie dough is THE thing you must do. It takes an extra 5 minutes but it’s so absolutely worth.
Also worth it? Chilling the dough over night. Don’t skip that step. Don’t eat it all while it’s chilling, either. When you bake extra cold from-the-fridge cookie dough? It stays uber soft and gooey inside. It puffs up nicely and doesn’t spread too thin.
In a word? Chilling the dough makes it perfect.
Also what makes it perfect? STUFFING THEM WITH REESE’S.
Good luck just eating one of these Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I dare you!
Reese's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- About 28 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures unwrapped
- Note: This dough requires chilling!
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes, until it becomes brown in color. It will foam, reduce, then foam again. Once it’s done cooking the foam is a light brown and it will dissipate after you remove it from the heat. Once it starts to brown, keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Pour butter into an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. (You can also use a hand mixer.) While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes, then mix in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour until mixture is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough and wrap a peanut butter cup in each one, rolling between your hands to completely conceal. Place balls on cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter, you’ll be chilling the dough. Cover cookie sheet with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours (but overnight is better.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies 2” apart on 2 cookie sheets and bake (while the balls are cold from the refrigerator) for about 12-15 minutes or until they just begin to turn brown and are no longer glossy on top. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Click here to see more PEANUT BUTTER recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter Brownie Magic Bars
Sweets from friends:
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Our Best Bites
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake by Center Cut Cook
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies by Melanie Makes
Last Updated on May 20, 2020
I love that ccc recipe.
and then you stuffed it with Reese’s! ohhmylordylordylord
I think I just blacked out for a second. I need these in my life! Yum!
Well, that just sounds amazing. Two of my most favorite things all in one! Dangerous!
One word. YUM! I love all of your peanut butter creations. THIS one is genius!
Wowzie-dowzies! I HAVE to make these – my family loves Reese’s cups and chocolate chip cookies, and I think the kids in her class would appreciate them, too.
These are so delicious!!! I was lucky enough to try one… Thank you Dorothy! ?
Oh, man… I guess there aren’t any of these left in the freezer for me??? They look soooooo goooood.
And we saw the movie (I didn’t realize there was a book). It was very good.
I need to read the book. We saw the movie and I heard the book was a lot funnier.
These are just the cookie to end all cookies. I’d eat them all myself!!
It was pretty funny, and I can guess it would be hard to translate, since it was all in one guy talking to himself, ha!!
Reeses is my favourite candy ever, and i have SO many left over from this Easter that I definitely need to put to use. So thanks for the recipe!
Thank you!! Enjoy! I ate all my leftovers, lol. 🙂
Reese’s. In a chocolate chip cookie. I simply CANNOT handle how amazing this looks/must taste. I know what I’ll be doing with my Easter basket candy!!