Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies are a fun way to dress up the original shortbread cookie. A quick and easy shortbread cookies recipe with toffee chips and crushed pretzels.
I have a love affair with shortbread: I can’t ever get enough! Pretzel Toffee Shortbread is even better, especially when it starts with a Krusteaz mix.
If you’re looking for one of the best cookie recipes EVER, this shortbread cookie is it!
What is your favorite cookie? Do you have one kind that you just can never stop eating? If I’m being totally honest, I have lots of those kinds of cookies – peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar cookies – but my most favorite EVER is shortbread. I can eat my weight in shortbread!
Shortbread is so versatile too. It can be used as a crust or made plain. It can be dipped in chocolate or you can add things to it (like, say, chocolate chips, pretzels, and toffee bits). As a base recipe, it’s a blank slate and I love making new recipes with my baking arsenal.
Now, I have a shortbread recipe that I love. But if I’m being honest, my favorite shortbread recipe is actually from a Krusteaz mix.
The Krusteaz Shortbread Cookie Mix produces the softest, most butter homemade shortbread you’ll ever eat. It’s a seasonal product, available at the holidays, which makes it extra special. Because these Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies are made using Krusteaz, the entire recipe has only 5 ingredients. They come together in minutes!
Shortbread cookies are perfect for holiday giving. They travel well, can be shipped, and everyone loves them. Wether you’re making them for a holiday party or packaging them up to give as gifts, this recipe is the perfect one!
Pretzel, toffee bits, and chocolate, all in one recipe. Is there anything better??
Shortbread Cookies are great all year, especially when you add toffee, chocolate, and pretzels!
I think not! 🙂
Tips for the perfect shortbread cookies:
- This dough is very thick. If you’re doing this by hand or with a stand mixer it will take a long time for the dough to come together.
- Have something else you’d like to add? Skip any of the mix-ins and add your own favorites.
Get the recipe for the Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies here. If you can’t find the Krusteaz mix, use my shortbread cookie recipe.
Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies
- 1 box Krusteaz Shortbread Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter — room temperature
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- Get the full recipe for the Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. If necessary, soften butter by microwaving 10-15 seconds on high power.
- Place cookie mix and butter in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer or wooden spoon (or a stand mixer) and mix until dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips, toffee bits, and crushed pretzel pieces.
- Scoop dough according to desired cookie size, approximately 2 tablespoons, onto prepared cookie sheet. If you like a flatter shortbread cookie, you can flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake 10-14 minutes, until bottoms are slightly golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- These cookies are sturdy enough for packaging so they make great gifts!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 cookie) — Calories: 192, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 169mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 2g
This post has been sponsored by Krusteaz.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**