This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Peppermint Brownie Bites combine an easy homemade brownie recipe and Candy Cane Kisses to make your new favorite holiday dessert. These brownie bites are accidentally dairy-free and so chocolatey, fudgy and rich!
Table of Contents
Easy Peppermint Brownie Bites
If you thought that mom’s peanut butter blossom cookies were the best just check out these peppermint brownie bites. Perfect for the holidays, or those round-year-peppermint-lovers! With a brownie base and peppermint Hershey’s Kiss, I can’t think of much else that’s a better combination.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Uses vegetable oil instead of butter which makes them dairy-free brownie bites.
- You can use butter if you prefer!
- Cocoa brownies – a one bowl brownie recipe!
Ingredients In Peppermint Brownie Drops
- Vegetable oil – You can also use melted butter
- Sugar- Granulated sugar for sweetness
- Vanilla extract- Pure extract is always the best tasting.
- Cocoa powder- Unsweetened cocoa powder is the best to use – not Dutch process.
- Eggs – Always use large eggs.
- Salt – since vegetable oil is a neutral oil, we need to add some salt for flavor.
- Baking Powder
- All-purpose flour – be sure to measure it correctly (spoon and level).
- Candy cane Hershey’s Kisses – Unwrapped! You can use your favorite flavor kiss too or any other candy.
How to Make Peppermint Brownie Bites
- Make brownie batter: Stir together the oil and sugar. Once combined, then stir in vanilla, cocoa, eggs, salt, and baking powder.
- After that slowly stir in flour. Once the batter is ready, scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cavity. This should be about half full, be careful not to overfill the cavities or they will puff up too much.
- Bake: Bake the brownies at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs stuck to it. Once you remove it from the oven, immediately top the peppermint brownie bites with a candy cane Hershey’s Kiss.
- Feel feel to get creative you can use any kind of Hershey Kisses you like, there are so many different kinds and even special releases for different holidays!
- Don’t move the tray until the kisses have completely hardened and a fully stuck to the brownie bite. The flavored kisses are a bit more delicate and can collapse when they’re melted.
- If you have trouble removing them from the pan use the tip of a butter knife to gently wiggle them out.
Yes, a regular-sized muffin pan will work just fine!
Brownie bites and definitely freezable, just be sure to seal them in an airtight container.
Absolutely! If you really want to boost that peppermint flavor feel free to add some extra peppermint extract right into the brownie batter.
Peppermint Brownie Bites
- ½ cup (118ml) cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (27g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 28 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together oil and sugar. Stir in vanilla, cocoa, eggs, salt, and baking powder. Slowly stir in flour.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cavity (about half full; do not over fill or they'll puff too much). Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs stuck to it.
- Immediately upon removing from oven, top with a Candy Cane Hershey’s Kiss (or your favorite Kiss flavor). Do not move your trays until the Kisses have completely hardened. The flavored Kisses are less stable than the regular chocolate ones, so there is a chance some of them will fall slightly, but if you touch the trays they will certainly all fall!
- Use the tip of a knife to help you removed cooled bites from pans.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Brownie bites can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Use any flavor Hershey’s Kiss you want!
Favorite Brownie Recipes:
Peppermint Brownie Bites are like brownie blossom cookies – an easy one bowl brownie recipe topped with a Candy Cane Hershey’s Kiss – a great Christmas recipe!
Last Updated on November 28, 2022