Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe stuffed with Nutella! These are a peanut butter chocolate lovers dream cookie – plus easy to make! They’re always a huge hit whenever I make them.
Why you will LOVE these cookies
Without a doubt these are some of my most favorite cookies! You’ll love them because:
- My BEST go-to peanut butter cookie recipe
- STUFFED with Nutella!
- Easy to make
- Super peanut buttery and chocolatey in each bite!
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Nutella: A must! You can also use generic or any chocolate spread – or even any peanut butter or kind of spread you like.
Unsalted Butter: Make sure to soften your butter!
Peanut Butter: Use regular no-stir peanut butter (not natural) – you can use creamy or chunky.
Sugar: A combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar are used.
Vanilla: For flavoring
Egg: For fat and structure
Baking Soda: This is a normal ingredient for cookies
Salt: Needed since we are using unsalted butter – omit if if using salted butter
Milk: My secret peanut butter cookie ingredient – keeps the cookies soft!
All-Purpose Flour: Be sure to measure it correctly.
How to make Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Step 1. Drop spoonfuls of the Nutella on a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze while making cookie dough.
Step 2. Cream butter with peanut butter and both sugars until smooth.
Step 3. Mix in the milk, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt, then mix in the flour.
Step 4. Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of cookie dough. Flatten half the balls and place some of the frozen Nutella on top, then top with a second cookie dough round and roll into a ball. Roll the balls in granulated sugar.D
Step 5. Place on cookie sheet, press to flatten using a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
That’s why freezing it is important – the assembling is a messy step. I recommend working in batches to assemble the cookies, leaving some of the Nutella in the freezer while you work.
It’s because they weren’t sealed all the way, be sure to seal before baking.
The milk makes the peanut butter cookies soft.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Yes – freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Other Cookies You’ll Love
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 12 tablespoons Nutella
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (199g) creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) milk any kind works
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups (217g) all-purpose flour
- Line a plate or small cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Scoop ½ tablespoon sized balls of Nutella (about 24 of them) and place on cookie sheet. Freeze while preparing cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Mix butter and peanut butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer (or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) until smooth. Add both sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, milk, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth, then add flour and mix just until cookie dough forms.
- Place additional granulated sugar in a small bowl. Scoop 2-tablespoon sized cookie dough balls. Flatten ball of dough and place one small ball of frozen Nutella in the center. Fold the dough around the Nutella and roll to seal, then roll the cookies in sugar and place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Use a fork to press the cookies and add the crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they just lose their glossy sheen and the bottoms are lightly golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets before removing and baking additional cookies.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe stuffed with Nutella! Nutella Stuffed Cookies are SO good especially with peanut butter – everyone loved these!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 28, 2021