It’s a pie! It’s a cheesecake! It’s peanut butter cookie dough! It’s…the best pie ever.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie. It’s just like it sounds…but better.
Why is everything that’s cute come from a really expensive store?
Like, the time you looked at every single discount and low-priced (or heck, sanely-priced) furniture store for a new couch and finally found the one you’d been dreaming about at…Z Gallerie.
Or the time when you need that special something for the final touch of your living room. You can’t put your finger on it but you’ll know it when you see it, so you shop (without any luck) at every Homegoods and TJ Maxx and Target and trinket store where these such things are affordable and then you get the Pottery Barn catalogue and there it is, the wall hanging you’ve been looking for, on page 32.
And, my favorite, when you decide to buy a few new tops because you’re tired of wearing things you’re not comfortable in (i.e. trigger clothing) so you head to the mall and think, I’ll just stop in and peek at White House Black Market.
Hint: there is no “stopping in and peeking” at WHBM. You’ll try on a shirt (full-price) that will instantly (1) slim you (2) make your boobs look amazing and (3) perform magic in front of your eyes. Why can’t tanks from Old Navy do that?
Something else that performs magic? Pie with cookie dough.
Pie with cookie dough, no-bake cheesecake, and an Oreo crust. Oh, yes I did.
I loved this pie. I loved it so much that I had to give it away…missing a slice. Or two.
This cheesecake pie has everything I love in it.
1. An Oreo crust. That’s my favorite kind. You can make your own (recipe below) but I won’t judge you if you use the kind from the grocery store. I wanted to do that and I went all the way to the store…and they were out of Oreo crusts. I guess those are popular.
2. A peanut butter cookie dough layer. It’s eggless (of course). Just like a peanut butter cookie but without the egg and leavening. It’s the best part of the cookie, if you ask me.
3. A no-bake cheesecake layer. In fact, the whole pie is no-bake. I’m just getting you primed for no-bake summer.
Top all that with some fresh whipped cream (or Cool Whip) and you have a layered pie that blows your mind.
Not unlike all the things at Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie, and White House Black Market.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie
- One recipe Perfect Oreo Crust
- or you can use a store-bought cookie crust
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch salt optional
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (regular or low-fat)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Perfect Whipped Cream
- or you can use Cool Whip
- Make the crust in a 9" pie plate using this recipe. Chill until next step. Or, forego making your own and use a store-bought Oreo or Graham Cracker crust.
- Make the cookie dough: mix melted butter and peanut butter in large bowl with a hand mixer. Beat in sugars, vanilla, and milk. Slowly mix in flour. Place 2 tablespoons of cookie dough in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Press remaining cookie dough into the prepared crust. Do this carefully - you don’t want to wreck the crust! Place back in the refrigerator.
- Make the cheesecake layer: wipe out bowl and wipe off mixer beaters. Beat cream cheese with hand mixer until smooth. Mix in sugar and vanilla. Spread carefully on top of cookie dough in prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, make whipped cream. Pipe as desired on pie.
- Break up remaining cookie dough pieces around the edges of the pie for garnish. (You can also use Cool Whip instead of making fresh whipped cream.)
- Store pie in refrigerator. A little slice goes a long way! (It’s very rich.)
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This is part of a Cookie Dough Week Blog Hop! Check out all my friends’ amazing cookie dough recipes:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait from White Lights on Wednesday
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Parfaits from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy for Crust
Cookie Dough Oreos from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos from The Gunny Sack
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from Back For Seconds
Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough Dip from Kitchen Meets Girl
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Tiramisu Grandbaby Cakes
Cookie Dough Doughnuts from The Domestic Rebel
Fried Dulce de Leche Cookie Dough from Simply Gloria
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Beyond Frosting
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 26, 2014