This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Love cookies and milk? You will love this easy Oreo Mug Cake! You only need two ingredients to make this chocolaty cookies and cream mug cake, and it cooks in the microwave for the easiest dessert for one ever.
I saw this recipe on TikTok and had to try it – it’s worth the hype!
Okay, so mug cakes have been around a long time, but this 2 ingredient Oreo mug cake? Well, this is a recipe that surprised me! I haven’t seen such an easy mug cake recipe, and I can’t wait to show you how to make it.
2 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
This Oreo microwave mug cake was all the rage on TikTok, and once you try it, you’ll see why. It’s so simple it’s barely a recipe! It’s also the best excuse to buy a package of Oreos.
I thought I’d seen all the mug cake variations, but this TikTok Oreo mug cake is just too good! I mean, it doesn’t get any better than a dessert you can make in five minutes.
Table of Contents
- Oreo cookies
That’s it! Seriously, easy.
How do you make an Oreo mug cake in the microwave?
1. Mug: For this Oreo and milk mug cake, you’ll need a microwave-safe mug that holds at least 8 ounces of liquid.
2. Crush: Place the cookies in the mug and then use a fork to crush them into crumbs. Crush them as much as you can – the smaller, the better.
3. Add the milk and stir. You can crush the cookies more once they soften in the milk.
4. Microwave the mug cake on high power for one minute. Check the cake. It should be solid and not liquidy. If it’s not set, cook it for 30 seconds longer.
5. Cool the cake for at least five minutes before eating it. I love adding some whipped cream to the top!
- The cooking time may vary depending on the kind you have. It’s always better to start with less time if you’re not sure, so you don’t overcook the cake.
- Want a fluffier cake texture? Try adding 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder when you add the milk.
- For more richness, add chocolate chips before you cook the cake.
- Dress it up with whipped cream, Cool Whip, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce once the cake is cooled.
- You can make this recipe with any Oreo cookie – Golden Oreos, Mint Oreos, Holiday Oreos… pick your favorite kind!
- You can use your favorite nut milk or other non-dairy milk for this recipe, too.
- If you want to make more than one mug cake, you should cook them separately in the microwave.
- Don’t skip cooling it – it’s SUPER hot straight out of the microwave and tastes better cooled slightly.
Yes, they are safe to eat, just like regular cakes baked in an oven. As long as it’s fully baked, there’s nothing to worry about.
Some mug cakes are chewy because they are overcooked. Some recipes have oil, and if there is too much, it can make the cake rubbery, too. Also, know that the cake isn’t a traditional cake texture – it’s cooked Oreos and milk – and won’t taste like a regular cupcake.
Try adding a little splash of vanilla. You can also add chocolate chips to give a mug cake more richness. For a fluffier texture, add 1/8 teaspoon baking powder.
Once you know how to make an Oreo mug cake, you might have to hide the cookies to keep from making it every night. It’s just too easy and too good!
More Mug Desserts You’ll Love
- Double Chocolate Cookie in a Mug
- Single-Serve Mug Coffee Cake
- Skinny Single Serve Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- 4 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Place the Oreo cookies in a mug (use one that holds at least 8-ounces of liquid). Use a fork to crush the cookies as much as you can.
- Add milk and stir, crushing up the cookies even more as they soften in the milk.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high power for 1 minute. Check to make sure the mixture looks solid, not liquidy, and if needed heat up to an additional 30 seconds.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before eating. Serving suggestion: top with whipped cream.
- All microwaves cook differently, so yours may take longer than mine.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon baking powder for a fluffier cake.
- Add 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for even more flavor.
- You can also do this with ANY Oreo cookie.
- You may substitute non dairy milk as needed.
This Oreo Mug Cake might replace the usual way of eating cookies and milk. You make it in the microwave for the best dessert for one ever.
Last Updated on May 20, 2022