Nutter Butter Truffle Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Seriously, you knew it was only a matter of time, right? Ever since I made these babies, I knew I was going to do it again with Nutter Butters. And now I have. Introducing: Nutter Butter Truffle Brownies.
I think I liked these even more than the Oreo version. Because, I mean, it’s a Nutter Butter.
It’s peanut butter and chocolate.
Is there anything better?
I actually bought a new package of Nutter Butters for this recipe. I have been working off a bag of the little bite-sized ones since January (impeccable restraint, I know). Now I have little ones and big ones in my pantry. Just calling out too me: make something else with me Dorothy…we love you as much as you love us!
Any bets on how long it takes me to give in to their siren song?
Not long, I can tell you that much.
And I know Canada doesn’t have Nutter Butters. Which is weird to me. I mean, come on. How do they not have the best cookie in the world in a country that large? It’s insane.
If you don’t have access to Nutters, any peanut butter cookie will do. If you happen to have some Girl Scout peanut butter sandwich cookies in your freezer (or is that just me?) you could use those.
One of these days though, I’m going to do a Canada-only giveaway that will include Nutter Butters, Coconut Hershey’s Kisses, and Biscoff.
Because you deserve it too, dammit.
Anyway, enjoy these. I know I did. And there is one lady at school who keeps talking to me about how good they were. Two weeks ago.
Nutter Butter Truffle Brownies
Nutter Butter Truffle Brownies an easy brownie recipe topped with a Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookie Truffle and lots of chocolate!
- 1 box or pouch brownie mix (8×8” or 9×9″ pan size, any brand or flavor) plus ingredients called for to make brownies
- 20 regular size Nutter Butter cookies or an 8 ounce package of the mini ones (or you can use any peanut butter sandwich cookie)
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Cool. I like lining the pan with foil before baking for easy removal and slicing.
- While brownies are cooling, place the Nutter Butters and cream cheese in a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping the bottom of the food processor if needed. It will be clumpy, almost a ball but not quite when it’s done. Press Nutter Butter mixture over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and a peanut butter in microwave on high power in 30 second increments. Stir between each increment until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spread over Nutter Butter mixture. Let set at room temperature if possible (if it’s summer or your house is very warm, you may need to chill them). These are best cut at room temperature so the chocolate doesn’t splinter.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
If you can’t find Nutter Butters, simply use any peanut butter sandwich cookie you can find. Keebler makes Girl Scout cookie copycats, and one of them is a peanut butter sandwich cookie.
Look how far I’ve come:
Original Recipe: 2012
Photos updated: 2016