This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This No-Bake Key Lime Eclair Dessert is a cross between an easy key lime pie, lime lush dessert, and key lime icebox cake! It really does taste like an éclair, but without all the work and with all the key lime flavor.
Table of Contents
What is Key Lime Éclair
This key lime no bake eclair is what happens when you combine an icebox cake with a trifle, eclair, and no-bake lush dessert.
Instead of chocolate, this is a key lime eclair dessert. It’s basically a layered dessert (like a key lime trifle) with a creamy filling (similar to an eclair) that’s flavored with lime (like key lime pie!), and graham crackers that add to the whole eclair flavor.
This no-bake eclair is so much easier than a regular one. You don’t have to make the pastry, bake anything, and you don’t have to temper eggs to make the pastry cream.
Instead, we’re using graham crackers, a key lime pudding, and Cool Whip to make an eclair-tasting dessert that is way less work. Emphasis on “way less!”
This easy eclair dessert is just that – refreshing and light! It really is the perfect summer dessert.
VIDEO: How to make Key Lime Lush
Ingredients in Lime Lush Dessert
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Key lime juice
- Lime zest
- Graham crackers
- Cool Whip
- Sliced limes or lime zest for decorating
How to make Key Lime Eclair Dessert
1. Whisk the pudding mix and milk in a bowl. Let it sit until it’s almost set, and then whisk in the lime juice and zest. Fold Cool Whip into the éclair pudding.
2. Place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of an 8 or 9” baking pan. Break the crackers, if needed, to make them fit. The whole bottom of the pan should be covered.
3. Spread 1/3 of the pudding filling over the top of the crackers. Top the filling with more crackers and continue layering the two until you end up with a layer of graham crackers on top. I usually get four layers total.
4. Frost the top with the rest of the whipped topping. Cover and chill the eclair dessert for at least four hours or, ideally, overnight.
5. Before serving it, decorate the top with sliced limes and/or lime zest, if desired.
How to Store Eclair Lush
Keep the lime eclair lush in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for two to three days.
- You can juice key limes yourself or do what I do: buy key lime juice! For the zest, you can use regular limes.
- I like to add lime juice to the vanilla pudding because it tastes great! If you don’t want to deal with lime juice, you can substitute key lime instant pudding jello for the vanilla pudding.
- Be sure to buy large graham crackers and not graham cracker cookies or crumbs.
- The longer you chill the lime lush dessert, the softer the graham crackers will be, making it easier to slice. I highly recommend making it a day in advance so it can chill and set overnight.
- You can use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, but it doesn’t hold up as well. After a day or so, the whipped cream will start to weep and make the eclair dessert soggy.
- Don’t love lime? You can make this recipe with lemon instead!
More No Bake Desserts Perfect for Summer
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Key Lime Eclair
- 1 3.4 ounces package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 16 full Graham Cracker sheets
- 16 ounces cool whip divided
- Limes or lime zest for decoration optional
- Whisk pudding and milk, let sit until mostly set. Whisk in lime juice and zest, then fold in one tub (8 ounces) whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of an 8” or 9” square pan with graham crackers (break the sheets to fit). Place 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top and evenly spread it out. Top with more graham crackers, more pudding, etc, for 3 layers of pudding and 4 layers of graham crackers. (You will end with graham crackers on top.)
- Frost the top with more whipped topping. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Decorate with lime slices and/or zest if desired. Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
This No-Bake Key Lime Éclair Dessert is a cross between an easy key lime pie, lime lush dessert, and key lime icebox cake!
Last Updated on May 30, 2022