Bourbon Pecan Pie takes a traditional pecan pie and gives it a punch of flavor from bourbon! This is an easy pie recipe that you can make totally from scratch or use your favorite store-bought pie dough. It’s perfect way to switch up dessert at your next holiday dinner!
Sure, you can make a classic pecan pie but once you try this bourbon pecan pie you might not go back to the basic one again. I’ve been asked about this recipe for years and I’m finally getting around to posting it! Adding some bourbon to the filling does something magical taking an already delicious pecan filling to a whole new level.
You might be wondering: is this a boozy pie? It’s definitely not boozy. There’s only ¼ cup of bourbon and the alcohol will evaporate while the pie is baking leaving all of the flavors from the bourbon like vanilla and caramel.
I’m not one to just pour myself a bourbon, but adding it a pie? Oh, yes, please. Wait until you see – it’s so delicious. Bourbon pecan pie is a little gooey and rich with a complex flavor. It will be the hit at your next Thanksgiving or other holiday dinner!
Table of Contents
For the crust, you can use my all-butter pie crust recipe which is a flaky, buttery dream. Or, make it really easy and use your favorite pre-made refrigerated dough.
Like a traditional pecan pie, you will also need corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, salt, cornstarch, and pecans.
For the bourbon, choose your favorite brand. With any dessert that includes alcohol it’s always best to use one that you like to drink.
Tip: You can make this a chocolate bourbon pecan pie by added one cup of chocolate chips!
Make this into chocolate pecan pie by adding chocolate chips!PRO TIP
How to Make Pecan Pie with Bourbon
Chill: Line your pie pan with the dough and chill it while you make the filling.
Mix: Combine all of the other ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well. Pour the filling into the crust.
Bake: Bake the pie on a baking sheet (to catch any spill over) for 10 minutes at 425°F. Lower the heat to 350°F and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes longer. If the edges of the crust brown too quickly cover them with foil or a pie shield.
Why do I use two baking temperatures? It’s to ensure that the bottom of the crust cooks. Blasting it with a higher heat helps get the crust cooking!
Cool: The pie is done when it’s puffed up and just a little jiggly in the center. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely so it fully sets up before you slice it.
Some Tips and Suggestions!
- This bourbon pecan pie recipe is perfect for making ahead because it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. I usually leave it out at room temperature before serving it so it’s not too cold.
- Leftover pie will keep for several days in the fridge, too. Just keep it covered with plastic wrap.
- Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Adding a drizzle of caramel sauce is not a bad idea either!
I love that adding just one ingredient to pecan pie changes it to a whole new thing! If you haven’t tried a slice of bourbon pecan pie you are in a for treat. It might just become your new favorite pie recipe. Enjoy!
Other Fall Pie Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup light or dark
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in pie pan and chill until filling is ready.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, bourbon, salt and cornstarch in a medium sized bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and cover with a pie shield or strips of foil.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until pie is slightly puffed and just a bit jiggly in the center.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Learn how to make a Classic Bourbon Pecan Pie! This easy recipe is the best pecan pie recipe with bourbon. Easily add chocolate chips to make a chocolate pecan pie with bourbon!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 7, 2020