This Cheesy Pull Apart Bread disappeared in less than a day – that’s how good it is. It’s an easy side dish or appetizer is so simple to make and stuffed with garlic and cheese. You will LOVE this bread recipe!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own. Cheesy garlic bread speaks for itself!
Oh, the cheese pull. Seriously though, this bread is one of the best things I’ve made. BOTH of my family members said this was the “best thing they’d ever eaten” and you know if my husband eats something I make, it has to be good.
You’re going to love this recipe if you love:
- French Bread
It’s like the best cheesy garlic bread you’ve ever had – but you pull it apart and eat it plain or dipped in your favorite sauce. It’s perfect as a side dish or as an appetizer – just throw it on the table and let everyone devour it!
Table of Contents
I love bread and cheese, but the combination is enough to kick up my heartburn. However, I don’t let my frequent heartburn stop me from enjoying my favorite things, so I keep it in check with Omeprazole ODT that I get from CVS Health.
I treat my frequent heartburn proactively – by dealing with it daily. I use Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets from CVS Health. It melts in your mouth with a pleasant tasting strawberry flavor – no water needed. I take it every morning proactively before eating and it provides 24-hour relief for frequent heartburn.
Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn (occurring 2 or more days a week). May take 1-4 days for full effect. Not intended for immediate relief.
BEST Ever Pull Apart Bread
Pull Apart Bread can come in all shapes and sizes, sweet or savory. This one is all savory and super simple with a loaf of French bread.
It’s called “pull apart” because it’s sliced and stuffed in a way that you can pull apart pieces of the bread to eat.
Another name for it: the BEST Cheesy Garlic Bread EVER.
Best Bread for a Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart
You can really choose your favorite loaf of crusty bread at the grocery store:
- Sourdough or French Bread Loaf
- Sourdough Boule (round)
Be sure to get one that isn’t sliced already and it’s best to use one with a thicker crust, although any loaf of grocery store bread will work.
Want to make pull apart bread from scratch? Use my French Bread Recipe!
How to Make Pull Apart Cheese Bread
1. First you need to slice the bread: slice 1-2 inch strips on a diagonal. Don’t cut all the way through, but cut down close to the bottom of the loaf. Then repeat the same the opposite way, creating a diamond pattern.
2. Stuff each cut with shredded mozzarella cheese. TIP: shred your own instead of using pre-shredded, so it melts easier.
3. Then, brush the top of the bread and each cut with a garlic butter mixture: melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- I find it best to wrap the bread in foil when baking so the bread doesn’t dry out before the cheese is melted.
- After about 20 minutes or so, once the cheese is melted, remove the top of the foil so that the bread will get a bit crunchy on the top.
We devoured this bread as is, but you can serve it with your favorite dipping sauces as an appetizer: pizza sauce, ranch, or marinara.
Or, serve it as a side dish with:
Other Pull Apart Recipes To Try
Whether you choose a sweet or savory recipe, don’t forget to take your Omeprazole ODT from your local CVS, so you can enjoy them without frequent heartburn!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf sourdough or French bread long or round, unsliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Stir in garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Slice bread in 1-2 inch diagonal strips, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. (Cut almost through but not quite.) Then repeat on the opposite diagonal, creating a diamond pattern. Place loaf on a long strip of foil.
- Fill each cut area with cheese, tucking in to each nook and corner. Use a pastry brush or small spoon to brush butter into each cut and then brush the top of the entire loaf with any remaining butter.
- Cover with a second strip of foil (wrap the loaf up) and bake on a cookie sheet for about 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove top foil and cook 3-5 minutes more to brown the top.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce (marinara, pizza sauce, and/or ranch).
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread is the perfect appetizer or side dish. This easy garlic bread is full of cheese and herbs and one of the best easy French bread recipes!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 21, 2020