This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Holiday Sugar Cookies have just 2 ingredients and are perfect for ANY holiday – including the 4th of July. Make them with any color sprinkles for Christmas, Halloween, Easter or any occasion.
Table of Contents
Easy Holiday Sugar Cookies
These are seriously easy cookies and perfect for ANY holiday or occasion!
- 4th of July
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
Even birthdays or graduations – these cookies are so easy no one will know they’re semi-homemade.
2 Ingredient Sugar Cookies
Sugar Cookie Dough: Use prepared cookie dough to make these super easy. I like the bake-and-break kind because it’s even easier! Or make homemade sugar cookies!
Colored Sugar: Also called sanding sugar, this is sold in the baking aisle of grocery stores and craft stores. The grocery will have basic colors; for more creative colors check out stores like Michael’s or Amazon.
How to make Semi-Homemade Colorful Sugar Cookies
- Place sugar(s) in a bowl.
- Break apart cookie dough.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in colored sugar. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until light golden.
- Christmas: Red and Green
- Halloween: Black, Orange, Lime Green and Purple
- Valentines: Pink and Red
- 4th of July: Blue and Red
- St. Patrick’s Day: Green or rainbow colors
- Easter: Pastel colors!
Make Ahead and Storing Instructions
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Learn how to freeze dessert!
Other Semi-Homemade Cookie Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
2 Ingredient Holiday Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 24 count package ready to bake sugar cookie dough
- ½ cup sanding sugar any color
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place sugar(s) in a small bowl.
- Break apart cookie dough pieces and roll each in sprinkles.
- Place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, or until light golden around the edges and no longer glossy.
- Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
• Use any flavor cookie dough – sugar and chocolate chip are pictured but any flavor works.
• Use any color sugar!
Make 2 ingredient Sugar Cookies for any holiday with colored sugar and cookie dough! This easy cookie recipe is perfect for 4th of July with red and blue sugar or make them for Halloween, Christmas or Easter!