This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Pillsbury Sugar Cookies are a super simple semi-homemade cookie recipe! This is a 2 ingredient recipe for sprinkle cookies, making it the best easy cookie recipe when you need a last-minute dessert.
Table of Contents
2 Ingredient Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
We all need serious shortcuts sometimes, and these sprinkle cookies are one of my go-to’s. You only need two ingredients, and they are so easy you’ll have two dozen cookies baked in about 30 minutes! It’s a classic Pillsbury Sugar Cookie hack!
We’re leaning on one of my favorite shortcuts: refrigerated cookie dough! I always have a few packages tucked away in the refrigerator – they’ve saved me on many occasions!
I hesitate to call it a sprinkled sugar cookie recipe because it’s hardly a recipe at all – it’s more of a semi-homemade kitchen hack you can keep tucked up your sleeve. You know, for all those last-minute events that seem to creep up on us. With these sugar sprinkle cookies, you won’t be caught off guard again!
- Ready-to-bake Pillsbury sugar cookie dough – for this recipe, I use a package with 24 pre-portioned cookies (not the dough that’s in a tube). You can use any brand you like!
- Sprinkles – nonpareils or jimmies work best!
How to Make Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Break the cookie dough into individual dough balls and roll each one in the sprinkles.
- Place the sugar cookies rolled in sprinkles two inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 16 minutes at 350°F or until they are lightly golden around the edges and no longer glossy on top.
- Leave them on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store them in an airtight container, and they will keep for three days at room temperature.
Yes, they freeze great! Place them in a freezer bag or container, and they will freeze well for up to three months.
You should add sprinkles before you bake the cookies.
Have more time? You should definitely use my homemade sugar cookie recipe!
Sprinkle cookies are done baking when they are lightly golden around the edges and no longer shiny on top.
2 Ingredient Sprinkle Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 24 count package ready to bake sugar cookie dough
- ½ cup sprinkles nonpareils or jimmies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Break apart cookie dough pieces and roll each in sprinkles.
- Place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, or until light golden around the edges and no longer glossy.
- Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
• Use any flavor cookie dough – sugar and chocolate chip are pictured but any flavor works.
• Use any color sprinkles!
These Sprinkle Sugar Cookies are a super simple semi-homemade cookie recipe using refrigerated cookie dough!
Last Updated on May 3, 2023