Jun 13

Turkey & Cheese Monkey Bread Muffins

Yup, you read that right.

I made something savory.

I hope I haven’t made you faint into your morning coffee. Or that your jaw didn’t break your keyboard.

I’m guest posting today over at I Wash…You Dry, where Shawn has put together 10 days of summer lunch ideas for kids. This is a perfect series for me – because you know Jordan is going to be begging for nuggets all summer long. {Want to see all the fun recipes in the series? Go check them out!}

So go on over and check out the great recipes in the series. Shawn’s awesome and makes things like Chocolate Molten Lava Mug Cake. Give her a hello for me.

And now I’m off to sweat off all the Paradise Bakery cookies I’m eating at the Phoenix Zoo (my favorite of all zoos). We’re going to see some yee-bras, I hope.

30 Responses to “Turkey & Cheese Monkey Bread Muffins”

1. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on June 13, 2012 at 5:35 am (#)

Well I think a savory thing now and then helps you not feel guilty about the sugar. Hope you see a yee-bra, we are going to the zoo next month and we hope to see the elephants before they are removed.

2. Susan posted on June 13, 2012 at 6:40 am (#)

It’s funny, but I was thinking savory would be a lovely way to go…mine would be vegetarian. These look yummy and an easy way to get kids to participate in meals, which is a big for me because I’m having both grands here in July–Yipee! Thank you dear friend for the idea! XOXO

3. Hayley posted on June 13, 2012 at 6:56 am (#)

Yay! These look so yummy. Is it weird I want mine with ranch dressing?! Yesssss.

4. Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry posted on June 13, 2012 at 7:08 am (#)

Thanks again for creating this awesome recipe Dorothy, and thanks for guest posting on my blgo! Hope your vacation is fun!

5. FeauxCajun posted on June 13, 2012 at 7:13 am (#)

Yum! Easy & fun! I can’t wait to try this idea out with a variety of meats…maybe even some leftover sausage crumbles!

6. Dip It In Chocolate posted on June 13, 2012 at 8:44 am (#)

I kinda did faint. These look delish. Have a great vacation!

7. Grill Recipes posted on June 13, 2012 at 8:57 am (#)

Awesome food blog! Love your blog :)

8. Dip It In Chocolate posted on June 13, 2012 at 9:10 am (#)

PS- Your Oreo Truffle Brownies post won’t let me leave a comment, but I made a Thin Mint knock-off version of yours this week and will be posting it soon. Hope that’s ok. They turned out great!! Thanks for the yummy idea.

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on June 14th, 2012 at 7:35 am

That’s weird, I will have to check on that. But of course it’s okay! I cant wait to read it once my kid relinquishes the iPad to me. )

9. Erin posted on June 13, 2012 at 9:11 am (#)

YUM! This looks like the perfect lunch! I’m off to check out your post now. Thanks!

10. Baking Serendipity posted on June 13, 2012 at 11:44 am (#)

I miss Paradise cookies! But not the Phoenix heat :) So impressed that you are braving it for the zoo…good luck! PS: You rock at savory recipes! I love this!

11. Something Swanky posted on June 13, 2012 at 12:05 pm (#)

I was completely and totally confused when I saw this post title. Just sayin’.

12. Kristin posted on June 13, 2012 at 1:57 pm (#)

Yep, thought I had the wrong blog today…hope you’re having a blast in Phoenix!

13. Jennifer {Mother Thyme} posted on June 13, 2012 at 3:16 pm (#)

Love these! Going to definitely make these soon for my little ones. :)

14. Ellen posted on June 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm (#)

Sweet and savory…I love this trend… :)

15. Stacey posted on June 13, 2012 at 6:57 pm (#)

At first I thought this was a peach pastry of some sort :) I am not disappointed with reality. Easy brunch item!

16. sweetpeaskitchen.com posted on June 14, 2012 at 11:18 am (#)

Mmm…what a fun savory muffin! Looks delicious! :)

17. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on June 14, 2012 at 6:35 pm (#)

This looks like something my picky kiddo would eat! Yay! And have a great time on your vaca!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on June 17th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Definitely Ashley! My daughter is the pickiest person on earth, and she loved them.

18. Debra Kapellakis posted on June 18, 2012 at 12:32 pm (#)

YUM!