Jun 25

Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Hi everyone! Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday, where losing a few pounds is futile.

Seriously. It is. Not that I’m really trying. But all I want to do is bake. Then I eat. Then I stop baking for a few days to try and stop eating. And I read your posts and it makes me hungry. And itchy to bake.

Thus creating a circular problem that never ends.

Good thing this house has a pool. That way I never have to go in public in a bathing suit. Ever.

So many drool-worthy links last week! You all never cease to amaze me, that’s for sure.

Here are a few things that made me want to forget it’s bathing suit season…

Banana Split Cake Bites by See Sarah Bake. These are so pretty I want to eat them all.

Biscoff Espresso Ice Box Cake by Mis-Cakes Oven Adventures. This one got me making variations in my head. Just wait…

Loaded Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods by Sally’s Baking Addiction. I think I like these better than the chocolate dipped ones!

Ice Cream Cone Cake Balls by Cake Balls, Cookies, and More. So flippin’ cute. But not too cute to eat.

Mocha Cookie Crumble Cupcakes by Inside Brucrew Life. I want to dive into that icing. {And the photo makes me feel better, because I’m not the only straw “borrower” out there.}

Thanks to everyone for linking last week! I really do love looking through all your goodies after each party. My bathing suit might not, but that’s another story.

Speaking of eating…let’s get to the party!

Thanks so much for linking up! Be sure to come back next week to see if you’ve been featured. Or, come back tomorrow for something else to make you drool. Your choice. ;)

40 Responses to “Crazy Sweet Tuesday”

1. Anne @ Domesblissity posted on June 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm (#)

Hey Dorothy! I thought I’d link up here, just in case your readers hadn’t seen it for a while. Thanks for hosting!

Anne xx

2. Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner posted on June 25, 2012 at 7:25 pm (#)

Thanks for hosting…who needs a bathing suit…hmmm I do in about 2 weeks… :-) Happy Summer!

3. Kaylee posted on June 25, 2012 at 7:38 pm (#)

Thanks for hosting! Your website makes me never want to wear a bathing suit in public again : )

4. allisamazing posted on June 25, 2012 at 7:43 pm (#)

What yummy features! Thanks for hosting :)

5. Leslie posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:11 pm (#)

Thank you so much for hosting! :)

6. Jocelyn posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:21 pm (#)

It is a vicious cycle…this whole baking and swim suit wearing season we are in! I work out hard and then eat sweets and feel bad the next pool day. But does it stop me? No not at all because I adore baking way too much:-) Thank you so much for sharing my Mocha Cupcakes! Hee hee we are a pair of straw stealers aren’t we? Thanks for the sweet party!

7. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:27 pm (#)

How in the world did I miss your Baily’s Pudding??? That looks way too good!! You’re killing my diet here! Because, yes, I am on a strict diet. I have one cheat day and that’s the day I get to bake and try it. What’s the point if you can’t try out your own recipes??? Sigh… The trials of having a baking blog….
    Thanks for hosting this (fattening) party :)

8. Hayley posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm (#)

Ooh, those banana split bites are too dang cute. And Sally’s pretzels–don’t even get me started, por favor. I’m freaking out STILL over the combination of caramel and pretzels. I mean, come on. Delish.
    PS I bet you look dang hot in a swim suit.

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on June 27th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA you’re funny Hayley. I so do not, but thanks for thinking that. :)

9. Kristin posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm (#)

Bathing suits are overrated. I haven’t worn one since 2008. I WISH I was kidding. I did buy a new one recently and I have no idea why.
    Thanks for hosting an awesome link party!

10. kitty posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm (#)

Hi Dorothy, I love the features!! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful week.

11. Heather Kinnaird posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:41 pm (#)

thanks for the great party Dorothy!

12. Back for Seconds posted on June 25, 2012 at 8:44 pm (#)

I am loving those banana split bites and ice cream cone cake balls! Ack, so cute! Thanks for another fabulous sweet party, friend!

13. Winnie posted on June 25, 2012 at 10:38 pm (#)

Thanks Dorothy for another sweet party!

14. Ambreen posted on June 25, 2012 at 10:39 pm (#)

Thank you for hosting each week. Have a great day!

15. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on June 26, 2012 at 3:18 am (#)

Dorothy – thank you for the feature!I was so excited to see that. Thank you for hosting each Tuesday! xo!

16. Carolina HeartStrings posted on June 26, 2012 at 3:27 am (#)

Wonderful recipes! We linked up grilled pound cake and peaches. Delicious.

17. Aimee posted on June 26, 2012 at 5:38 am (#)

Oh girl I hear ya on the cycle of eating and baking. Just when I’m doing really well, I crave baking. Then I crave the food I baked. So weird.

LOVING your blog designs. You are taking Ashton’s tutorials and running with it. I am so afraid that I will mess something up and not be able to fix it, hehe!!!

Thanks for hosting!

18. Joan@chocolateandmore posted on June 26, 2012 at 6:01 am (#)

Arg, thanks for reminding me about swimsuit time, lol. It’s all good, when we go on vacation in 11 days, I’ve got big sunglasses and a floppy hat and no one will know me anyway! Have a great week and thanks for hosting!

19. Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles posted on June 26, 2012 at 6:08 am (#)

Thank you so much for the party! Have a sweet week!

20. Julie posted on June 26, 2012 at 6:34 am (#)

I want to eat all of the features today. Thanks for hosting!

21. MissCandiquik posted on June 26, 2012 at 7:25 am (#)

Isn’t it rough being a food blogger!? Temptations galore, ugh! Thanks for hosting!

22. Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs posted on June 26, 2012 at 7:32 am (#)

A big THANK YOU for hosting!

23. With A Blast posted on June 26, 2012 at 7:37 am (#)

Thanks for hosting Dorothy – have a great week!
    Linda

24. Susan posted on June 26, 2012 at 7:39 am (#)

Dorothy, I love stopping by your “kitchen!”

25. Baking Serendipity posted on June 26, 2012 at 10:58 am (#)

Those caramel dipped pretzels are over the top. I love it!

26. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on June 27, 2012 at 5:40 am (#)

aw thanks so much for the feature, I was so proud of those cake pop cones:)

27. Michelles Tasty Creations posted on June 27, 2012 at 7:49 pm (#)

Dorothy,
    Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful week :)