May 01

Teacher Appreciation Ideas {Free Printables}

I know, no dessert concoction. Weird. It kinda perplexed me too.

Next week is National Teacher Appreciation week (May 7-11, 2012). Having been a high school teacher where no one appreciates you, I always try to do a little something for Jordan’s teachers this week.

This year, I’m the head of the PTC Hospitality Committee at my school. Which kinda means if there’s going to be any sort of teacher appreciation, I’m in charge.

Spoiler Alert!! If you happen to be Jordan’s teacher or you happen to work at her school…maybe don’t keep reading? It’s up to you…you’ve been warned.

So, anyway. I’m in charge of teacher appreciation this year. For the entire staff. Thank God for Pinterest.

There are so many themes one can choose when doing teacher appreciation: beach, flowers, camping, luau, the list goes on. I chose a “movie star” theme…because our teachers are the “stars” of our school.

On Monday, the teachers will get an “invitation” to enjoy the week, with some chocolate stars. I used this mold to make white chocolate, white chocolate pretzel, and milk chocolate krispie stars. {Note to self: if you are making 70 stars times three, maybe get two molds. Just an idea.}

Then, throughout the week, the teachers (and staff too) will get some goodies in their boxes and in the staff lounge.

Inspiration from here.

A bag of peanuts (or you could use any nuts) that says “We’re NUTS about our teachers!”  {Click here for printable.}

A bag of seeds (I got mine super cheap here) with a label that says “Thanks for giving us the SEEDS to help us grow into stars!” {Click here for printable.}

Inspiration from here.

I’m going to leave a bag of microwave popcorn for each teacher in the lounge, with a label that says “For a very POP!ular teacher!” {Click here for printable. Please note that this printable is made to fit address labels that go with Avery template 8160.}

Inspiration from here.

Along with the popcorn, I’m going to leave water bottles and lemonade drink mix that say “Thanks for helping quench our kids’ thirst for knowledge!” {Click here for printable. Please note this printable is made to fit a shipping label sized 2″x4″ and will fit Avery template 5263.}

I’m also throwing a continental breakfast, a luncheon, and a cupcake buffet.

You know, because I’m crazy.

{About teachers! Of course. What did you think I meant?}

The upside is I have lots of things to bake. And that means lots of things to share with all of you!

How are you appreciating your teachers next week?

I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!

Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I’m Lovin’ it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters’ Stuff, and all of these too!

50 Responses to “Teacher Appreciation Ideas {Free Printables}”

1. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on May 1, 2012 at 6:13 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, I sure you have help getting all of that done!! I know the teachers will SOOO appreciate it, though. What great ideas; I’ll have to use some of these for the teachers at my son’s preschool. Thanks!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on May 1st, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Thanks Ashley! I have help bringing food for the luncheon and a couple of lovely ladies helped me assemble the stuff, thank goodness. :) Have a great night!

2. Unknown posted on May 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm (#)

Ohhhh, I may steal some of these Dorothy for Scout Leader stuff. :-)

• Unknown replied on May 1st, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Krista Sal.

3. Back for Seconds posted on May 1, 2012 at 6:50 pm (#)

You were a high school teacher?? Props to you! I’m scared of high schoolers.
    I know I’m not a teacher but can I come to the cupcake buffet?
    Your daughter’s teachers are lucky to have you ;)

4. Laura | A Healthy Jalapeño posted on May 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm (#)

These are adorable. I work with Girl Scouts and this would work just as perfectly with volunteers and leaders as it does teachers. Thanks so much.

5. Joan@chocolateandmore posted on May 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm (#)

Dorothy, theses are all fantastic ideas, thanks for the reminder. My kids have some of the best teachers in the world and I’ll be using a few of these ideas to show them some love!

6. foodiebefit.com posted on May 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm (#)

Been reading your blog lately and really enjoying it. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award http://foodiebefit.com/2012/05/01/versatile-blogger-award/ ;)

7. Kristin posted on May 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm (#)

Having been a teacher, I’m glad you can see the value of teachers! Last year, I think I got a cookie and lemonade delivered to me. This year, they better go all out…all week long. :)

8. Lizzy posted on May 2, 2012 at 3:14 am (#)

What inventive ideas! I wish I had you as a resource when I was still giving teacher gifts.

PS…thanks again for the fabulous inspiration from your cheesecake pops!!! You are awesome :)

9. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on May 2, 2012 at 5:26 am (#)

oh that is so fun, and I totally get you with the molds, having a few helps, but it sucks if you buy them and don’t plan to use them again. I would never be a teacher, I would probably kill a kid within a week.

10. Hayley posted on May 2, 2012 at 6:38 am (#)

Giiiiirl, you crazy! How do you even FUNCTION?! But I’m sure the teachers will love it and it’ll be well-worth your time and energy. This is such a cute idea; I should do it for my dad’s teaching department at the high school :)

11. Mindy posted on May 2, 2012 at 9:00 am (#)

Ooooh, good ideas. I’ve been trying to come up with something for my son’s kindergarten teacher. I was leaning toward baking something and a bouquet from the yard. :o)
    I had no idea you used to be a high school teacher. Glutton for punishment, eh? :)

12. Ellen posted on May 2, 2012 at 9:26 am (#)

As a former middle school teacher I would have LOVED this from our parents!! I can’t wait to see what you make and share this week! Very lucky bunch of teachers…Go forth. Do great things, my friend! :)

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on May 2nd, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Thanks Ellen! I would have loved a simple thank you from my kids’ parents…never got that or nice goodies. So I like to pay it forward. :)

13. Julie posted on May 2, 2012 at 9:50 am (#)

This is all so cute! Having also be an under-appreciated high school teacher, I totally salute you! There should be some sort of society for us dessert loving, former high school teachers. We can eat cake and make lame education jokes that no one thinks are funny but us.

14. Heather @ A Cupcake Love Affair posted on May 2, 2012 at 11:46 am (#)

Not sure what to think to stop by and not read about a dessert! :) Just wanted to let you knot that I just nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. Check it out at http://cupcakeloveaffair.blogspot.com/2012/05/another-award-im-versatile-blogger.html. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Heather

15. Anonymous posted on May 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm (#)

We actually celebrated teacher appreciation day today at our school! I am room mom for 2 of my kids’ classes, so I had too come up with my own gifts. As a school, we collect money from the kids and give them the money we collect. They really like this. But I can’t just give someone an envelope of money. So I came up with a cute idea. I filled a jar (happened to be a small vase I found at walmart, because it was cheaper than a jar) with Hershey kisses and hugs. On the bottom of each kiss and hug I stuck a round sticker on it with a Childs name from the class. Then I attached a note that said ” a bunch and kisses and a sprinkle of hugs too, just to say a big thank you!” and inside the notecard was their money (over $100 for each teacher!). Needless to say they loved it!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on May 2nd, 2012 at 6:27 pm

What a great gift! Very creative. And so much for each teacher too, that’s great. :) Thanks for reading!

16. Lisa @ Sweet 2 Eat Baking posted on May 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm (#)

These are so incredibly cute. No such appreciation day here in the UK but fantastic presents for the end of term.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

17. Little Sister posted on May 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm (#)

What great ideas! You know that Friendship Amish Cinnamon Bread that you pass around in the baggies? I’m going to make it into muffins and send with my kids for their teachers on Monday! :) Yum, yum!
    ~Amy

18. Christine posted on May 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm (#)

Fantastic ideas!!!!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! :)

19. Melanie @ bear rabbit bear posted on May 4, 2012 at 7:37 am (#)

Yay for free printables!! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I’ve Done Thursday a success!

20. Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate posted on May 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm (#)

What a great way to recognize teachers!

21. Emily posted on May 6, 2012 at 3:10 pm (#)

Boy… I’d better get crackin on these teacher gifts. It’s my first time for the oldest. Thanks for the great printables.

22. Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family posted on May 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm (#)

I’m so jealous! These are so thoughtful and cute. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

23. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper posted on May 7, 2012 at 10:13 am (#)

How great! I hope you will link up to my Teacher Appreciation Linky Party going on now.

24. Anonymous posted on May 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm (#)

I’m the team leader for my group of teachers–teachers of 3 year olds. How can I recognize my team. Any ideas?

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on May 8th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Any little thing would make them happy, I’m sure! Breakfast, coffee, even a cupcake. Or even just a little note from each kid. Good luck!

25. Mindie Hilton posted on May 9, 2012 at 8:50 am (#)

Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

26. amy and jesse hudson posted on May 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm (#)

So cute. I need to get my act together and come up with something for my little girl’s teachers :)

27. Lisa posted on May 11, 2012 at 5:31 am (#)

Absolutely love these! I need to bookmark for next year for the daycare teachers.

28. Polkadot-pretties posted on May 12, 2012 at 6:37 am (#)

Thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing what projects you are going to link up this week.

Claire x

29. Pingback: 30 Blogs with the Best Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week - Find A Babysitter

30. Pingback: The Best Ideas For Teacher Appreciation Week

31. Pingback: 30 Blogs with the Best Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week | TeacherTime123

32. Pingback: Rocky Road Bars

33. Michelle posted on May 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm (#)

Hi there!

I love what you did with your Teacher Appreciation Theme last year! Thank you so much for the free printables! I was wondering if you had the template for your invitation to the week that I could use as well???

Thanks so much!
    Michelle

34. Michelle posted on April 25, 2014 at 9:50 am (#)

I was wondering do you have the template for the star teacher appreciation invitation?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2014 at 10:29 am

I don’t, I’m sorry. I only have what was linked to in the post! :(

35. Pingback: S'more Oreo Truffles {teacher appreciation printables} - Crazy for Crust

36. Pingback: Teacher Appreciation Week: 30 websites with ideas on what to get for your kids’ teacher | BellyitchWP

37. Pingback: Teacher Apprecition Week is coming: Here are 30 websites to help you plan | BellyitchWP