Mar 19

Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday!
Just a few things before we get this party started.
Firstly, I updated my About Page. Go check it out and tell me how awesome I am. (One of the things I told y’all about myself? I’m like being sarcastic.)
Second, I started using PicMonkey. Yesterday’s photos (and the ones in Thursday’s post) are edited using it. I like it a lot. It’s so super similar to Picnik. I think it’s kinda cool that the employees who lost their jobs didn’t go quietly into the night.
The only things I miss and hope that they will put into PicMonkey sometime soon are: the Pupcat font (so sad it’s not there), the ability to put my photos directly into Picassa, and the ability to edit the levels of the photo (exposure and such). I’m keeping my fingers crossed, hear me PicMonkey dudes and dudettes?
Oh, and? It’s so much faster for me than Picnik. For now anyway. I edited 10 photos and my computer did not freeze, give me the spinning wheel of death, or crash. That’s a win in my book.
There was a third thing I was gonna say. But I have no idea what it was. Good thing I have some supercool features to make up for it.

Homemade Samoas by Pastry Chef Baking. It’s brownies with a crust!!! And caramel! And coconut!! *Swoon*

Bunny Chow by Shugary Sweets. It’s chocolate, cookies, and candy. And it’s got pretty sprinkles. A must eat.

Pot of Gold Cookies by What’s Cooking Love. This is so creative and I’m a little peeved I didn’t think of it first! A must make next year.

S’mores Brownie Bars by Brandy’s Baking. It’s brownies with a crust. And marshmallows. Double *swoon*

Potato Chip Cupcakes by Cups by Kim. No words. Except “get in my belly.”

Thanks for linking! All the features have been pinned and stumbled. Go ahead and grab a button if you want it.

Rules for the Crazy Sweet Dessert Party:

Desserts only! (I love steak, but not for dessert.)
Link back to me somewhere: in the post or sidebar or on your party page.
I’d love it if you’d follow me somehow.
Visit some of the links! Spread the sweetness.

Enjoy the party! The linky will run through Friday.

57 Responses to “Crazy Sweet Tuesday”

1. kitty posted on March 19, 2012 at 7:25 pm (#)

Hi Dorothy, Hope you have a good week and thanks for hosting!

2. lizy b posted on March 19, 2012 at 7:31 pm (#)

Oh my goodness!!!! I knew I loved you!!! Just read the about page!

We have the very favorite episode ever of all time! “Its like I’m wearing your colors!!!!!!!” I still swoon when I watch that…..

3. cupsbykim posted on March 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm (#)

Yeahh!! Thanks for the feature!! If you get the chance stop by and check out Sweet & Simple Sunday!!

4. Robin @ Bird On A Cake posted on March 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm (#)

Your new About page is awesome!!! Love the family pic and Elvis(!) pic. Love all the random info about you and your quirks. I like you even more now! :0) FYI…I am an avid reader too, and take all my pics in natural light. But I am a total procrastinator and usually post things the day I make them!

5. MysticBlue Spice posted on March 19, 2012 at 8:01 pm (#)

Tagged your Facebook page and your blog site on my timeline and I’m already following you on FB. This is great idea! Thank you for bringing us all together thru butter and sugar :0)Trish from The Mystic Blue Spice Company All Natural Spices and Seasonings

6. Alyssa posted on March 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm (#)

Thanks for the recommendation on PicMonkey, I will probably try that soon before Picnik is gone. Thanks for featuring my Pot of Gold Cookies and thanks for hosting!!

7. Mindy posted on March 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm (#)

Glad to be joining the party! Discovered your blog last week at Amy’s link party, over at Love On High Heat, and LOVE it. I’m officially stalking you via Google Reader. Now I’m scrollin’ on up to read your About Me page…..

8. Anita Stafford posted on March 19, 2012 at 8:28 pm (#)

Dorothy, your new about page is awesome! Your family picture is picture perfect, wow!
    I have shared my pineapple pie. Thank you for hosting!

9. Jocelyn posted on March 19, 2012 at 8:56 pm (#)

I just love your about me page!!! I love all the fun little details that helped me get to know you even better!!! Blogging is awesome in that I have met so many fun foodies…that get why all i do is think of sugary goodness!!!! I am so happy to have “met” you!!! Thanks for hosting all the sweets!!!

10. Sara posted on March 19, 2012 at 10:07 pm (#)

Love the new “About” page!

11. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm (#)

Mouth is watering already! Thanks so much for hosting!

12. Kristin posted on March 19, 2012 at 10:18 pm (#)

As always, thanks for hosting a fantastic party :)

13. Winnie posted on March 19, 2012 at 11:33 pm (#)

Good Morning dorothy
    Thanks for hosting this great party and hope you have a wonderful day
    Winnie

14. keri @ shaken together posted on March 20, 2012 at 1:22 am (#)

I am using picmonkey, too. I miss a few fonts, but I bet we’ll see lots of new stuff there soon. Have a great week!!

15. Dulce fresa posted on March 20, 2012 at 1:41 am (#)

Your new About Me page is awesome! I enjoyed reading it. Nice to get to know you better..
    Have a nice day!

16. Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage posted on March 20, 2012 at 4:04 am (#)

Thank you for hosting!

17. Aimee posted on March 20, 2012 at 4:14 am (#)

Hey girl thanks for hosting. I love picmonkey too!! And your “about me” page is fantastic!

18. Happier Than a Pig in Mud posted on March 20, 2012 at 4:36 am (#)

Thanks for the heads up about PicMonkey, I’ll check it out:@)

19. Sue Alexander posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:17 am (#)

thanks for the party, off to read your about page and then some of the great links.

20. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:41 am (#)

I’ve tried PicMonkey and I like it. I also like http://ipiccy.com/ They have alot of the same stuff. check it out :)
    I’ve also started downloading my own fonts and they import to Picasa.
    Thanks for hosting another great party. Those Brownie S’mores look awesome!

21. sweetandcrumby.com posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:45 am (#)

I want to make them all Dorothy! I read each and every word of your about and am so glad you shared more of yourself with us. I feel like I “know” you better. You seem like such a sparkly upbeat person. I can’t believe you always get such great photos with a point and shoot! I AM SO IMPRESSED! Great photos have been a never ending quest for a fairytale…like a Unicorn or something.

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 21st, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thanks so much! I am always trying my hardest to get DSLR style photos without it. I love the window in my kitchen – it’s the best part of this house in my mind! As for the sparkle…I try my darnedest. Sparkle and sweets go well together. :) Thank you again!

22. Lisa @ Flour Me With Love posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:50 am (#)

The features look delicious…I’ll take one of each! Thanks so much for hosting Dorothy :)

23. Joan@chocolateandmore posted on March 20, 2012 at 6:11 am (#)

ok, as always thanks for hosting, always a great party!

On to your about page, love it! And I agree on so many parts.

Yes blogging is a job, just like SAHM and just like SAHM, pay sucks but love it!

Love little house on the prairie, I own not only all the books (I’m sure mine are much older than yours) but also the entire DVD set and on cold rainy days I’ll bribe the kids with popcorn and make them watch with me, all day long!

Fancy cameras are a bonus but I also use a point and shoot, Sony Cyber Shot and I love it, if I get flour on it, I don’t freak out.Editing with Picmonkey has saved me, I cried when Picnik announced they were shutting down.

I also post ahead, I’ve already got posted written and scheduled for our April vacation and 2 for Christmas time! And I’m working on our July vacation posts. You never know, the power could go out, oven could break, I might want to play outside instead of in the kitchen. Might have a run of bad recipes (please no!)

And blog friends are the absolute best!

24. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen} posted on March 20, 2012 at 6:13 am (#)

I’ve noticed that Pic Monkey is faster too!! Woot!

25. Julie posted on March 20, 2012 at 7:35 am (#)

I feel the same way about PicMonkey and it is way faster for me too!! Yeah :) Thanks for all your sweet comments and I love coming over here and reading about your love of treats because it makes me feel like I’m not weird for loving sweets so much!! :)
    The Farm Girl

26. Hayley posted on March 20, 2012 at 7:43 am (#)

I want them all! Potato chip cupcakes? OMF*G. *F does NOT stand for freakin’ here!!!

27. The Better Baker posted on March 20, 2012 at 7:47 am (#)

Thanks for hosting Dorothy. Love the features!!! Have a sunshiny day.

28. Kristin@gratefulbelly.com posted on March 20, 2012 at 8:56 am (#)

Thanks so much for hosting, everything looks delicous, as always!

29. Sue posted on March 20, 2012 at 8:58 am (#)

Thanks for being a wonderful hostess! It was fun reading your update about yourself and getting to know you better:)

30. Something Swanky posted on March 20, 2012 at 9:33 am (#)

Oh. My. Gosh.

Did you just say that Chandler Bing is your idol? Did you really just put that on your About page????

I’ve suspected, but now I know it’s true: we were separated at birth.

31. The Pastry Chef posted on March 20, 2012 at 10:12 am (#)

Thanks for the feature! I did think of you when I made the homemade samoas since it had a crust :). I linked up pumpkin spice cake this week. Thanks for hosting!

32. Tiffany/MyCrowdedKitchen posted on March 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm (#)

Dorothy, you rock! First, thanks for hosting this beautiful par-tay. Second, thanks for telling us about PicMonkey. I have been upset that Picnik is shutting down. I wasn’t sure where I was going to edit my photos, so you just saved me a ton of research! Thanks so much!

33. Linda posted on March 20, 2012 at 12:10 pm (#)

Thank you Dorothy for hosting. I see some fabulous recipes. The PicMonkey looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. Linda

34. Heather McMullin posted on March 20, 2012 at 1:13 pm (#)

Imma have to make me some of that cake batter dip and SOON!!!! I need it in my life!!!!!

-Heather
    @ http://www.made-famous-by.com

35. Carolina HeartStrings posted on March 20, 2012 at 2:56 pm (#)

Such amazing treats today! Come visit us today. We are having a great giveaway. 3 wonderful charm bracelets from Cutey. We love them!

36. So Domesticated posted on March 20, 2012 at 3:16 pm (#)

What fabulous treats!

37. Michelle @ Michelle's Tasty Creations posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:17 pm (#)

Thanks for hosting. I am new to link parties and everything look fabulous. I posted the Chocolate Caramel Toffee Bars and would love it if you stopped by my blog at: http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great week.
    Michelle

38. Addicted to Recipes posted on March 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm (#)

I’m all linked up for the first time at your party! Also following you on FB and GFC. Love the dessert theme…I would make all desserts all the time if I could :-) Thanks so much for hosting…have a fantastic evening!

Addicted to Recipes

39. Keri posted on March 20, 2012 at 7:43 pm (#)

Thanks for hosting!! I love linking up here and seeing all the yummy treats everyone is making. I can never just pick one to try! :)

40. sweetsav posted on March 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm (#)

I love your featured recipes. You are getting some really great links and I am having fun looking at them. Thanks for hosting.

41. Momma Easy posted on March 21, 2012 at 8:31 am (#)

Thank you SO MUCH for the picmonkey update!! I’m so excited!!

42. Dip It In Chocolate posted on March 21, 2012 at 5:46 pm (#)

Wait there’s an alternative to picnik? I’ve only been crying about the closure for 4 weeks now. Although… death of the pupcat font… worst news ever! Can we make a facebook group titled “Bring Back the PUPCAT!”?

I love that you don’t use a DSLR camera. You make me feel like not such a “wannabe”. ;) (Although your pictures are a thousand times better than mine. Haven’t quite mastered that ‘natural light’ thing, but maybe someday.)

I need to start linking up at your parties again. I have been such a lazy butt!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:08 pm

That’s totally a good idea. I mean, how am I going to redo my header without Pupcat???? I’ve been blessed with natural light since we moved into this house – winter hasn’t really happened here. This is not typical! :) And yes, get your butt linked up to my party, lol. Your stuff rocks.

43. Lisa posted on March 22, 2012 at 12:12 am (#)

I just had to link up my newest creation. It’s a frozen Apple Chai Cream Cheese Pie with a spiced oat streusel on top.

44. Sunshine Girl posted on March 22, 2012 at 11:49 am (#)

I’ve shared a pavlova recipe. thanks so much for hosting, have a lovely week :)