This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
You know you want Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies today, right???
Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are my favorite and BEST peanut butter cookie recipe stuffed with a gooey Roll caramel candy. These are PERFECTION.
Growing up, I never expected to live farther than five minutes away from my parents. After all, my Nana was about two minutes from my house, and my Grandma was three, depending on traffic lights. But life never really goes as planned, and we have landed about a two hour drive from my childhood home.
I’m not complaining; two hours is much preferable to the 11 hour drive it used to take my parents to come visit us when we lived in Arizona. Plus a time difference, for six months (I really don’t get that, BTW). I’ll take two hours, no problem.
The problem with being far away is that we don’t always get to celebrate birthdays on the actual day. And in my family? Birthdays are big. (Like you didn’t guess from yesterdays post.) Big with cake and candles and singing. Usually a dinner out, to a nice restaurant where you can wear your dressy jeans.
Now, when it’s my mom or dad’s birthday, or it’s a holiday, we can’t always be there. However, I can’t let a birthday go without some sort of celebration, right? Since I can’t very well mail a birthday cake…I often mail cookies instead.
Rolo stuffed cookies aren’t new, but they’re new to me! I’ve been wanting to make them for ages now. So I combined my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe with one of my mom’s favorite candies.
Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies are so delicious I can guarantee whoever you send them to will love them.
I love that these peanut butter cookies mail so well. They package easily and ship easily and stay soft for days. But they’re not just good to mail; they’re good at home too.
Making Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies is EASY!
- Scoop up some peanut butter cookie dough.
- Wrap a Rolo inside.
- Then add the criss cross fork marks like peanut butter cookies always have.
You must start these with this peanut butter cookie recipe though – it’s the BEST one ever.
What makes the best peanut butter cookies?
- Peanut Butter – obviously. Use your favorite kind!
- Brown sugar keeps them soft.
- An egg keeps them chewy.
- Some milk keeps the dough soft without adding another egg.
Even if you don’t stuff these cookies with Rolos, they’ll be peanut butter cookies everyone loves to eat!
Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 24-28 Rolos unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, vanilla, milk, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough comes together.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough. Wrap a Rolo completely into the middle of each ball, rolling it between your palms to seal. Place 2” apart on cookie sheets and use a fork to make a small criss-cross pattern on the top.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until they just begin to brown. Cool completely and remove from cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can be frozen in sealable containers or ziploc bags between layers of paper towels for up to one month.
- To get the gooey caramel in the photos, eat when warm!
Click here to see more PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE recipes! And I absolutely love Karen’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, these peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate, and Cheryl’s Gooey Butter Peanut Butter Cookies!
Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups use Rolos in another cookie!
Cookies ‘n Cream Peanut Butter Cookies are stuffed with OREOS!
Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies because a Snickers always satisfies.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Last Updated on August 28, 2019