Want to make a batch of cookies? Make them peanut butter cookies filled with chopped Oreos, and you won’t be disappointed! These Cookies ‘n Cream Peanut Butter Cookies are loaded with chocolate cookies and have the best soft and chewy texture.
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Cookies with OREOS
Peanut butter cookies filled with chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed Oreo cookies. Yes, I did that, and it’s fantastic.
You know I’m always looking for ways to combine different kinds of cookies into one delicious treat.
Why You’ll LOVE These Cookies
Well, first, they’re peanut butter and Oreo cookies, and, really, I could just stop right there, but here’s the deal – these cookies ‘n cream butter cookies start with my favorite soft and chewy peanut butter cookies.
Except for this time, instead of just making basic peanut butter cookies, I added one of my favorite flavors: OREO!
They’re cookies and cream peanut butter cookies! The peanut butter makes them taste like Reese’s cookies and cream cookies – in other words, so good.
These make a few dozen cookies. They keep well on the counter for several days, or you can freeze them for cookie emergencies. I don’t chill the dough, but I like to run a fork over the top to give them that traditional peanut butter cookie look!
Ingredients in Oreo Peanut Butter Cookies
Butter: I always start with softened unsalted butter
Peanut Butter: Don’t use natural – make sure it’s a no-stir peanut butter.
Sugar: Packed brown sugar and granulated sugar make these perfectly sweet.
Large egg: No need for room temperature eggs unless you remember to leave them out.
Vanilla Extract: Always buy PURE vanilla.
Milk: My secret peanut butter cookie ingredient!
Salt: Not too much but needed to balance flavor.
Baking Soda: Makes them soft and chewy.
All-purpose flour: My standard cookie flour.
Chopped Oreo Cookies: Add tons of chopped Oreos!
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies with Oreos
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, and both types of sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the egg, vanilla, milk, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Stir in chopped Oreos.
- Scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough to form the cookie balls and place them on prepared baking sheets. Use a fork to make a crisscross on top of each dough ball.
- Bake the cookies at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Cool the cookies on the cookies sheet before removing them.
- Oreos: You can chop the cookies in a food processor or place them in a bag and whack them a few times with a rolling pin. Just don’t crush them too much – you want cookie chunks.
- Chocolate: Add some chocolate chips if you want! Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate chips.
- Mixing: When you add the flour, add it a little at a time and mix in between each addition. Don’ overmix – just do it long enough to absorb the flour.
- Storage: Store Oreos and peanut butter cookies in an airtight container for up to three days at room temperature. They can be frozen in sealable containers or Ziploc bags between layers of paper towels for up to one month.
Other Cookies To Try:
- Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies
- Reese’s pieces cookies
- How do you know when cookies are done
- Chocolate peanut butter cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Cookies ‘n Cream Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup (200g) peanut butter (don't use no-stir peanut butter)
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 10-12 Oreos chopped (about 1 ¾ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, vanilla, milk, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough comes together. Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough. Use a fork to make a small criss-cross pattern on the top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they just begin to brown. Cool completely and remove from cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can be frozen in sealable containers or ziploc bags between layers of paper towels for up to one month.
- Add up to 1 cup of chocolate chips or a combination of chocolate and white chocolate chips!
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This is the best easy cookie recipe! No chilling step – just mix, roll, and bake. Plus, don’t forget Oreos, white chocolate, and chocolate chips in every bite. Those are the best three reasons to give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
Last Updated on March 20, 2022
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 20, 2022