This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you need an easy dessert for any party you should make peanut butter dip. This one is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day because it’s shaped like an American Flag!
With just a few ingredients, this dip is easy to make and absolutely loved by everyone who tastes it!
What is Peanut Butter Dip?
Years ago I posted my Peanut Butter Football Dip and it’s one of my most popular recipes, especially around the Super Bowl. So I decided to turn that beloved dip into a new shape for a summer holiday: an American Flag.
This is a simple sweet dip that you eat with pretzels or cookies, vegetables or apples. It has peanut butter and cream cheese along with powdered sugar – it’s like eating a peanut butter cheesecake with a spoon.
Every single person who has tried this dip recipe loves it – it’s one of my most made recipes!
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Dip
Peanut Butter: You’ll need creamy or crunchy peanut butter for this. I recommend using a regular store brand that is no-stir (not a natural peanut butter).
Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s softened to avoid lumps.
Unsalted Butter: Makes sure it’s also softened. You can also substitute salted butter if you prefer.
Powdered Sugar: For binding and sweetness.
Vanilla Extract: For Flavor
Mini Chocolate Chips: You can omit these but I love the chocolate and peanut butter combination.
Sprinkles: You need a hefty dose of sprinkles to make this look like an American Flag!
How to make Peanut Butter Dip
1. Cream together the peanut butter with the butter and cream cheese.
2. Then mix in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Shape: Place the dip onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Shape it into a rectangle.
How to decorate dip like an American Flag
Here are your options for decorating this dip recipe:
- Decorate the entire thing with a 4th of July sprinkle combination.
- Use tinted vanilla frosting or melted chocolate and candy melts to decorate it like a flag.
- Do like I do and use red, white and blue sprinkles. I recommend jimmies or nonpareils.
To decorate your flag, here is what you do:
You need to cover certain parts of the rectangle so the sprinkles don’t mix. Think of when you’re painting a room and use blue tape to paint the edges; we’re doing something similar.
Cut wax paper to cover where the stars go, and then cut strips of wax paper for stripes.
Lay the wax paper strips alternately on the flag and fill in the open area with the color of sprinkles you want. Then move the wax paper to cover those stripes and do the alternate color.
When it’s time to do the blue and stars, remove the cover and add blue sprinkles carefully. I used star sprinkles for the stars.
How to serve Peanut Butter Flag Dip
There are so many ways to serve this! Place it on a platter and surround it with your favorite things:
- Graham Crackers or other small cookies
- Wheat Thins or other crackers
- Vegetables like carrots or celery
- Apple slices
This is the perfect easy dip for any gathering!
Other 4th of July Recipes
- 4th of July Sprinkle Cookies
- 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fireworks Cupcakes
- Fireworks Pudding Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
American Flag Peanut Butter Dip
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter , softened
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup (268g) peanut butter (your choice; crunchy or smooth)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (170g) powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Red, White, and Blue sprinkles (separated)
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a rectangle (flag) shape.
- Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!)
- Cut strips of wax paper to block out the areas you're not filling with sprinkles, and a rectangle to cover the blue part.
- Cover in red sprinkles, then move the strips to cover the red and fill in with white. Then fill in the blue and top with star sprinkles for the stars.
- Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon. Store in refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Flag Dip is an easy peanut butter cheeseball dip decorated like an American Flag! This sweet dip recipe is perfect for parties and the 4th of July!
Last Updated on June 30, 2021
I am so making this dip!! Sounds amazing, and I love the patriotic flag 🙂
Load of bricks lol!
Yummy and colorful dip for memorial day 🙂
This is just adorable!! But this dip can also be eaten on Flag Day! (June 14th) The only reason why I know when Flag Day is because June 14th it’s my birthday 🙂
That is awesome!!! I love when readers inspire new creations!!! The next time I need more sprinkles, I will definitely check out that site for fun colors!!!
I predict Peanut Butter Dip shaped for every holiday! I love the flag 🙂
This is so cute!
Oh my word. Peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, and chocolate chips? I think I was just introduced to my brand new addiction.
I know it’s mine! 🙂 Thank you!
Too much fun Dorothy! This is awesome!
How cute is this! Such a perfect appetizer/dessert dip for the 4th. Such a good idea.