This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for the perfect way to enjoy a delicious breakfast, this Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Bake is the best. We refer to it as Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread, but it doesn’t even matter what you call it as long as you make it! The citrus orange flavor paired with the natural sweetness of the cranberries is why our entire family is hooked!
Table of Contents
What is Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread?
This Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Roll Bake is what I would imagine would happen if cinnamon rolls and monkey bread were mashed together. It’s seriously my favorite monkey bread recipe!
When you look at this Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole, it resembles monkey bread but also has the flavor of cinnamon rolls. (and that is a VERY good combination to try!)
We always make this during the holidays and varied times throughout the year. I just can’t get enough of the taste of this orange cranberry monkey bread – and I think you’re going to agree.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- There are just five simple ingredients needed for this Cranberry Cinnamon Roll casserole.
- You can quickly prep the night before and bake hot and fresh in the morning
- It’s safe to say that anyone that you introduce this recipe to is going to love it just as much as you!
- Cinnamon Rolls – I use Grands! Cinnamon rolls, but you can easily use any brand of canned biscuit dough that you love.
- Fresh cranberries – Fresh cranberries offer the most flavor, but dried cranberries could also be used.
- Unsalted butter – Make sure that it’s melted.
- Brown sugar – Pack when measuring!
- Orange juice – This is optional but adds a delicious orange flavor.
How to make Cranberry Monkey Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Open the can of cinnamon roll dough and save the icing for later. Slice each roll into 6 pieces.
- Lay the cinnamon rolls and the cranberries into the dish.
- Stir the melted butter and the brown sugar until smooth. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the top of the cinnamon rolls and cranberries.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30-34 minutes. If you’re adding orange juice, stir it into the reserved icing and drizzle over the top.
Don’t stress out about this cranberry orange cinnamon casserole being pretty! Even if the pieces fall apart as you’re adding them to the pan, it’ll be just fine.
The best way to store monkey bread to keep it fresh is to store it in a covered container for up to 3 days. These do not have to be stored in the fridge but can be if you’d like to. I typically store them at room temperature.
Yes, you can freeze monkey bread. Make sure to let the monkey bread cool down all the way and then store it in a freezer-safe container. Store for up to 1 month.
I also don’t recommend storing it with the drizzle on top. That can be added fresh once they’re unthawed.
The top of the casserole is going to be your clue! Once you start seeing the golden brown coloring on top and around the edges, this is your cue that the monkey bread is done baking.
Absolutely! Go crazy and add whatever you’d like! I think that recipes are all about creativity, so you should be able to add flavors that you love. Adding a cup of chopped walnuts sounds good!
I also think that you could drizzle melted chocolate on top as well. Adding a bit of fresh orange zest is a great way to increase the orange flavoring, too!
If this is your first time making these, get ready to be hooked. They’re great for Christmas morning, too!
More Delicious Cinnamon Recipes
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Bake
- 1 can Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup (67g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spay a 9-10” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open cinnamon rolls; reserve icing. Slice each roll into 6 pieces. They’ll fall apart; that’s okay.
- Layer cinnamon rolls with cranberries in prepared dish.
- Stir brown sugar and melted butter together until smooth. Pour evenly over the top of the cinnamon roll mixture.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Stir orange juice into reserved icing and drizzle over the top. Serve warm. Store leftovers tightly covered for up to 3 days.
Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread is a cinnamon roll bake made with a can of cinnamon rolls – it’s such an easy Christmas morning breakfast with fresh cranberries and orange flavors.
Last Updated on December 15, 2022