May 03

S’more Oreo Truffles {teacher appreciation printables}

Oreo Truffles are, like, the best things ever.

Until you make them into s’mores, that is. Then they’re even better!

Smore Oreo Truffles - a marshmallow stuffed Oreo truffle covered with graham cracker crumbs!

Jordan and I spend a lot of our time nowadays in the children’s section of Barnes and Noble. Every time we go anywhere she begs to just stop in at B&N to “look”.

Her version of “look” is different than mine. To me, looking means browsing. To her, it means harassing me and begging for books until I finally give in. (Because really, who can say no to books?)

{If you didn’t know, Jordan is a book hoarder. I think her goal in life is to collect one of every single realistic fiction book. Wether or not she decides to read them all is another story.}

Anyway, during one of these “looking” sessions, I was perusing the shelves and came across the City of Ember series. It’s dystopian fiction, it’s so freaking good, and it’s written for 9 year olds. And I’m so totally addicted to it. If you like Hunger Games and Divergent and Matched, you need to read it. Then maybe let your kid borrow it, if they do their chores.

Anyway, I do have a point. My point is that, before third grade, Jordan didn’t like to read at all. It was torture trying to get her to do her 20 minutes a day. Then we walked into Mrs. W’s class last August. Her third grade classroom pretty much has a library inside it with books of every genre and level. Ever since, Jordan cannot get enough books!

Teachers can make all the difference in a child’s life. They also work harder than anyone else and they do it for practically free. (I know, I used to be one.)

Next week (May 5-9, 2014) is National Teacher Appreciation week. So make sure you appreciate your teachers. We always need s’more awesome teachers!

{Enter segue.}

S’more Oreo Truffles are the best way to eat a truffle…and a cute way to say thanks to all the teachers!

Smore Oreo Truffles (3 of 6)w

So let’s talk about Oreo Truffles first. If you’ve never had one, you’re in for a treat. They’re quite possibly the easiest things ever to make: crush Oreos with cream cheese in a food processor and it makes a paste like ball that you make into truffles.

Last time I made them, I dipped them in peanut butter white chocolate. This time, I wrapped a mini marshmallow in the center and dipped them in milk chocolate (I love Candiquik). Then I sprinkled them with graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow bits. (You can find marshmallow bits at Target and Walmart in the baking aisle.)

These are pretty no-fail, even though you have to dip them in chocolate. Although, you’re not afraid of dipping things in chocolate anymore, ever since you watched my video, right?

Then just chill them until they harden and eat them all.

Or package them up for some sweet teachers!

S'more Oreo Truffles and free printables for teacher appreciation!

I am probably the least crafty person on the planet, but I love making printables. I hardly ever do it because it takes me approximately 100x longer than any other normal person. Edit, re-edit, look for patterns, edit again, change the fonts, save, re-save, notice it’s grainy, re-format again…and so on.

But sometimes, printables are just needed. Like for teacher appreciation!

These “We need S’more Teachers Like You” bag tags are a perfect way to say thank you…with a side of S’more Oreo Truffles.

Simply cut out the labels and fold in half. Place your truffles in a cellophane bag (with a 5″ opening) or a fold-top sandwich baggie.  Fold over the top of the bag and staple it shut. Then use double-stick tape to tape the labels on the bag. Easy peasy!

We need S'more Teachers Like You free printable at crazyforcrust.com

Simply click on the link to get a pdf of the tags you want. Since I realize not all students/teachers are girls, I made a boy version too!

We need S'more Teachers Like You free printable at crazyforcrust.com

Click here for the printable version.

We need S'more Teachers Like You free printable at crazyforcrust.com

Click here for the printable version

Even if you don’t give these to a teacher, you need to make them for YOU. They’re so easy and so good…and they go down way, way too easy.

If I’m not careful I’ll be making a second batch for next week!

S’more Oreo Truffles

Yield: 17 truffles

S’more Oreo Truffles

Oreo truffles stuffed with marshmallows and topped with graham cracker crumbs: a S'more Oreo Truffle!

• 15 Oreo Cookies
  • 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese (or you can use regular)
  • 8 ounces chocolate Candiquik (or other almond bark/candy melts or semi-sweet baking chocolate)
  • About 17 mini marshmallows
  • 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons Marshmallow bits (optional)

1. Place Oreos and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Run the processor until the mixture comes together. This took mine about a minute. If, for some reason, the mixture is not able to form balls after the processing (if it’s too crumbly still) you can add up to 1 more ounce of cream cheese, but mine only needed 2 ounces.
  2. Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls and place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Pick up each ball and make an indentation in the center with your finger. Place a mini marshmallow in the hole and wrap the truffle around the marshmallow, then roll between your palms to seal. Repeat with all truffles.
  3. Chill truffles while you prepare your candy.
  4. Melt chocolate according to package directions.(I heated mine for about 1 1/2 minutes on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds.)
  5. Tip: heat an electric griddle to 200°F and line it with a kitchen towel. Place your bowl of melted candy on the griddle so it stays melted during dipping.
  6. Dip each truffle in the candy and tap off the excess. I use a spoon to coat the candy, then I place the truffle on a fork and tap off the dripping candy. Use a toothpick to carefully transfer the truffle from the fork back to the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with some graham cracker crumbs and a few marshmallow bits. Repeat with all the truffles. Chill until set.

Notes

To make gifts: print and cut out labels. Use a small cellophane bag (no more than 5" opening) or a fold top sandwich baggie. Add truffles to bag and fold over the top; staple to close. Fold label in half and attach it to the bag with double-stick tape.

Oreo Truffle Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Oreo Truffle Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (2 of 5)w

Peanut Butter Covered Oreo Truffles

Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles (1 of 5)w

If you give a teacher a…printable teacher appreciation ideas

Teacher appreciation collage

Movie Star Teacher Appreciation Ideas

For a POPular Teacher popcorn teacher gift idea by Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Chip Cookie Favors for teacher appreciation by Love From the Oven
Thin Mint Stuffed Oreos with printables by Something Swanky

This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase the item I link to, I receive a small percentage.

34 Responses to “S’more Oreo Truffles {teacher appreciation printables}”

1. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on May 3, 2014 at 4:25 am (#)

Oh my Dorothy, I wish I was Jordan’s teacher!!! these look awesome!

Thanks for the sweet link up :)

2. Chloe @ foodlikecake posted on May 3, 2014 at 5:33 am (#)

Those are so cute!

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 3, 2014 at 6:05 am (#)

What a NICE GIFT!! Wow! Skylar’s teachers just get whatever I’m done with that day from my photo shoots. I don’t actually set out to create anything for them. You are one in a million, Dorothy! pinned

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 3rd, 2014 at 6:54 am

Aw thanks Averie! Now hopefully the truffles last in the fridge until next week, ha!!

4. Emily @ Life on Food posted on May 3, 2014 at 7:47 am (#)

I collect books too. I haven’t gotten better at utilizing the library though for some books. No need to pay $20 for a book I am done with in a day. Loving these truffles. S’mores. Oreos. Two things I good head over heals for in one. Yum!

5. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on May 3, 2014 at 9:16 am (#)

Oh my gosh, I want one of these truffles now! They look so delish! Pinned!

6. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on May 3, 2014 at 11:17 am (#)

OREO Truffles really are the best thing EVER!!!! Love this idea for teacher appreciation.

7. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on May 3, 2014 at 2:14 pm (#)

These are the best looking Oreo Truffle…I want to be a teacher for a day just so I can get a bag too. Ok, scratch that…I don’t have the patience to teach, so I better just make a batch for myself :-)

8. Marti posted on May 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm (#)

These looks amazing…..I haven’t made an oreo truffle yet, but you make it sound so easy I need to give it a try!

9. Matt Robinson posted on May 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm (#)

I need a few of these now! Love everything about this recipe, and thanks for the reminder about teacher appreciation week! These are the perfect idea.

10. Mir posted on May 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm (#)

I’m a teacher. Somebody make these for me, for the love of all that’s holy!
    Really, I’m serious. These look incredible!

11. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on May 3, 2014 at 7:59 pm (#)

Jordan is so lucky to have Mrs. W as a teacher and you as a parent! That’s incredible that she loves reading now (is math getting any better too?), and you’re so sweet to buy her books. I had quite a collection on my bookshelf in my parents’ house, and I re-organized it by title, author, or just my favorites every few summers. I loved going to used book stores more than Borders and B&N though; something about the well-worn pages (especially the warped ones dropped in bathtubs) was so magical and special. And your s’moreo truffles?? Brilliant! I could totally use a few right now! ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2014 at 7:34 am

I wish math was getting better!! At least now we can skip the 20 minutes of HW reading because I know she’ll read at night and she reads most recesses (and even in the bath). So we can spend an extra 20 on math…to her supreme delight, ha!

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking replied on May 4th, 2014 at 11:34 am

That’s awesome how much she’s reading — even at recess and in the bath!! Who knows, maybe next year’s teacher will have her drawing out multiplication tables in the bubbles in her bath… One can hope, especially since her mom loved math so much! ;)

12. Meriem @ Culinary Couture posted on May 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm (#)

I LOVE THESE so much Dorothy! What a great idea!

13. Kelly - Life made Sweeter posted on May 4, 2014 at 4:28 am (#)

Oh my gosh, these are the best truffles I’ve ever seen Dorothy! Jordan’s teacher sounds fantastic and that’s awesome that she loves books so much now! These truffles look amazing and would surely show any teacher or person how much you appreciate them – they look perfect! Pinned :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2014 at 7:33 am

Thanks so much for the pin!!

14. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on May 4, 2014 at 4:31 am (#)

Way to reinvent the oreo truffle! And these are amazing! Gorgeous looking and all the best flavors included! Also your printable is adorable – can’t wait til my little guy is in school to use it :) Pinning!

15. Amy @Very Culinary posted on May 4, 2014 at 7:13 am (#)

I am totally making the truffles and the printables. Love this so much!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Enjoy Amy!!! Try not to eat them all before giving them to the teachers. I’m having that problem…

16. Mary Frances posted on May 4, 2014 at 11:17 am (#)

Every one of your variations are like the best thing ever. Truffles are so fun! And they usually travel well, making them great summer desserts (because you don’t need a fridge or a serving utensil) Pinning these! The chocolate, melty marshmallow, and graham cracker crumbs all sound amazing!

17. Stephanie @ Back For Seconds posted on May 4, 2014 at 1:26 pm (#)

These are just dreamy, Dorothy!

18. Jennie @themessybakerblog posted on May 4, 2014 at 5:22 pm (#)

It’s so nice to hear that kids still love to read. I’m going to have to give that book a try. I’m just now starting Harry Potter (totally behind). Those are the cutest labels ever! Love these. Pinned.

19. Tanya Schroeder posted on May 5, 2014 at 11:25 am (#)

This is such an adorable idea Dorothy! Teachers are truly priceless! Those tags are so cute!

21. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on May 7, 2014 at 12:31 pm (#)

That is SO sweet! What a wonderful teacher, so glad that Jordan has gotten into reading (it’s theeeee best!!!!)—and I def. think these S’moreo Truffles are worthy of such an amazing teacher! I certainly wouldn’t mind having a few ‘o’ these :P

22. Kristyn posted on May 8, 2014 at 6:19 am (#)

These look SOOO yummy – thanks, Dorothy!!

23. Pingback: Oreo s’more truffles - SIMPLE EVERYDAY FOOD