May 18

Peanut Butter S’more Blossoms

Peanut Butter Blossoms are probably my favorite cookie – and not just at the holidays. But you know what makes blossom cookies even better?

Adding a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Know what makes them infinitely better? Add a mini marshmallow.

Peanut Butter Blossoms + Peanut Butter Cup + Marshmallow = S’more Blossoms…My favorite new way to eat a s’more!

Peanut Butter S'more Blossoms - these are soft and super peanut buttery!

Jordan won’t stop losing teeth. I mean, I know they’re just baby teeth. I know it’s supposed to happen. But I swear, it’s like a cartoon in here: one falls out and three more follow.

It feels like she’s been losing teeth forever…probably because she has. She’s been losing teeth for half her life, thanks to the tile floor in our old kitchen when she was 4.

She had 4 baby ones pulled for braces and all the permanent ones under the surface are all piled up and rushing to the front of the line, so the rest of her baby teeth just keep falling out. Three more since January (we’re up to #15, I think, I’ve lost count) and two of those were at the orthodontist, only held in by the brackets and wires.

Did you know that teeth with brackets on them are worth more? Our tooth fairy pays well for metal.

If you hate teeth, I’m sorry for this post. I hate them too. But something about mini marshmallows makes me think of teeth, and when I think of teeth I think of Jordan, only I think about her drawn as a cartoon where one tooth falls out and the rest follow.

I’d be shuddering right now, but I’m going to instead think of these Peanut Butter Blossom S’mores. Cookies are better than teeth.

Especially with peanut butter cups!

Peanut Butter S'more Blossoms - these are soft and super peanut buttery!

Blossom cookies are my #1 favorite, especially at the holidays. But why do they get made only at Christmas? They’re a peanut butter cookie – they should be made all year long.

So, new solution: make them in summer but make them s’mores. That fits, right?

These cookies are based on my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. I made them super small (1 tablespoon each), rolled them in sugar, and baked them. While they’re hot from the oven, I poke a little hole with the back of a wooden spoon. Press a mini marshmallow into the hole, then top it with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini. I used the minis because they fit perfectly in the small cookie. Plus, you don’t have to unwrap them!

The cookie turns out super soft, not at all fall apart and crumbly like some blossom cookies I’ve had. The peanut butter cup is the perfect addition, and the marshmallow adds a little chewiness.

These are my favorite blossom cookies ever!

Peanut Butter S'more Blossoms - these are soft and super peanut buttery!

These are so yummy just cooled, while the peanut butter cup is all melty. Once the peanut butter cup cools and re-solidifies, these are perfect for stacking or taking on the go. They can even be frozen!

Then you can’ have s’mores all summer long. Just sayin’

Peanut Butter S'more Blossoms - these are soft and super peanut buttery!

Peanut Butter S’more Blossoms

Yield: 4 dozen

Peanut Butter S’more Blossoms

A peanut butter blossom with a mini peanut butter cup and marshmallow stuffed inside - a s'more blossom!

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
  • 1 large egg
  • 1teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • About 48 mini marshmallows
  • About 48 Reese’s Minis

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats. Place 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a bowl and set aside.
  2. Cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, vanilla, milk, and salt and baking soda. Mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough comes together.
  3. Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough and roll them in the bowl of sugar. Place on cookie sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the bottoms just begin to look brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a hole in the center of each cookie with the back of a wooden spoon. Insert a mini marshmallow in the hole and place back in the oven for 30 seconds. Remove from oven and stick a Reese’s Mini on top of the marshmallow, pressing gently to fit it into the hole without cracking the cookie. Cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
  4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can be frozen in sealable containers or ziploc bags between layers of paper towels for up to one month.

Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie S'mores (3 of 7)w

Brownie Cookie S’mores

brownie-cookie-smores (4 of 5)w

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bark

Patriotic Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bark by crazyforcrust.com | A quick and easy red, white, and blue treat for the 4th!

Reese’s S’more Magic Layer Bars by Eat Cake for Dinner
S’more Hand Pies by Oven Adventures
Nutella S’mores Crepes by Something Swanky

37 Responses to “Peanut Butter S’more Blossoms”

1. whatjessicabakednext posted on May 18, 2014 at 5:09 am (#)

These look beyond amazing! I definitely need to try these- love PB and s’mores! :)

2. Tieghan posted on May 18, 2014 at 5:12 am (#)

I hope Jordan keeps enough teeth to eat these!! Such a great idea to add marshmallows! Perfect for summer!

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 18, 2014 at 6:20 am (#)

I bet the feeling of smooshing that marshmallow and PB cup down into that warm cookie is just so fun!!! And eating them, even better :) pinned

And your IG shots of Miami. Girl. I am so bummed I couldn’t make it.

4. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on May 18, 2014 at 7:27 am (#)

What a great idea to turn these into smore peanut butter cookies! Love the flavor combination! Pinned!

5. Mir posted on May 18, 2014 at 7:34 am (#)

Oh, just when I thought PB blossoms couldn’t get any better! Love the s’more element! Best cookies on earth!

6. Samina | The Cupcake Confession posted on May 18, 2014 at 7:37 am (#)

These cookies can’t get any more summery! That addition of mini marshmallows {which, btw, do look like teeth} is such a genius idea! S’mores all summer!!!!! *-*

7. Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen posted on May 18, 2014 at 9:06 am (#)

How awesome are these! You are just brilliant, to add a marshmallow and peanut butter cup to a peanut butter blossom cookie!

9. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on May 18, 2014 at 9:50 am (#)

These look FANTASTIC!

10. Alyssa {Cake, Crust, and Sugar Dust} posted on May 18, 2014 at 10:12 am (#)

I agree, who says blossom cookies are for holiday time only? This is such a fun version, Dorothy!

11. Mary Frances posted on May 18, 2014 at 10:49 am (#)

At least Jordan is losing them … I let them hang on so long because I hated pulling them. I actually liked having my last three pulled because it was done so quickly! Mini marshmallows are wonderful … even if they make us think of teeth :) Especially with peanut butter and Reeses!

12. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on May 18, 2014 at 1:53 pm (#)

I SO agree that peanut butter blossoms should be made year round- so I’m glad that you did! I love that these use a peanut butter cup and the s’mores twist!

13. Jessica @ Sweet Menu posted on May 18, 2014 at 2:56 pm (#)

Eeep! These look like the ultimate peanut butter lovers cookie! My husband would love these!

14. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on May 18, 2014 at 4:38 pm (#)

Genius-one little marshmallow makes these perfect for summer (plus extra gooey and delicious :P) and omg so many teeth!

15. Stephanie @ Back For Seconds posted on May 18, 2014 at 4:55 pm (#)

It’s funny to me that you call these super small…I make all my cookies this size. That way it’s no big deal to 3-4 at a time, right??! I make these at Christmas every year too, they’re my favorite! Totally adding a marshmallow next time. Such a great idea, Dorothy!

16. Mom posted on May 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm (#)

Oh, these look sooooo yummy. Wish I was there when you made them.
    xoxo

17. Laurie F. posted on May 18, 2014 at 6:50 pm (#)

Great idea, once again! And, regarding tooth fairies, did you know it’s possible to lose so many teeth that the tooth fairy forgets to come one night? It happened to us! I blamed it on the lack of fairy dust sprinkled outside our front door.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Oh, she forgot to come too! Jordan forgot to put her tooth out and the tooth fairy plum forgot! ;)

18. Medeja posted on May 19, 2014 at 3:54 am (#)

These blossom cookies look really tempting! And also cute :)

19. Janet posted on May 19, 2014 at 5:15 am (#)

I am right there with you. They are my favorite too :)

20. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on May 19, 2014 at 7:04 am (#)

I love that these are made with marshmallow’s! Best flavors – chocolate and peanut butter PLUS s’mores? Love it! Pinned :) Hope you had a great weekend Dorothy!

21. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on May 19, 2014 at 8:01 am (#)

These cookies are the answer to my peanut butter prayers!!

22. Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods posted on May 19, 2014 at 8:19 am (#)

Wow, these look amazing! I love the addition of the mini marshmallow :D You just can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.

23. Mama's Gotta Bake posted on May 19, 2014 at 10:35 am (#)

I found these in my never-ending search for ways to combine peanut butter and chocolate. I can’t imagine anything better than a cookie with a Reese’s Peanut ButterCup in it! I think these will be dangerous.

24. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on May 19, 2014 at 1:22 pm (#)

These are one of my favorite cookies! What a delish twist on a classic. Love these, Dorothy!

25. Shaina posted on May 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm (#)

Way to totally take blossom cookies to a whoooole new level. I love this idea!

26. Shawn @ I Wash You Dry posted on May 19, 2014 at 9:00 pm (#)

Dorothy! These look fantastic! I love anything S’mores, but the addition of the peanut butter cookie is like, beyond words! YUM!

27. Chantal posted on May 20, 2014 at 12:34 am (#)

Hi Dorothy,
    I’am Chantal from Travelling Papilles, I’am very happy to discover your nice blog and this so beautilful recipe!
    I like the combination of marshmallows and peanut better
    Chantal

28. Kristyn posted on May 20, 2014 at 8:11 am (#)

These look SO cute AND delicious! Thanks, Dorothy!!

29. Renee @ Two in the Kitchen posted on May 21, 2014 at 7:27 am (#)

I love the idea of the marshmallows in these cookies!! I actually just made PB cookie cups with the mini reese’s too! I LOVE those things because there is no unwrapping involved!

With three kids of my own, I feel like teeth are falling out all the time! I am DONE with the dang tooth fairy!! “She” has forgotten to come 4 times in the past few months. But I came up with a few great excuses. Here are two of my favorite: “The tooth fairy can’t fly in the rain” and “If the tooth falls out after 3 PM she doesn’t come till the next night” And if all else fails, just make cookies!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I love those. Totally using them!!! :)

30. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on May 21, 2014 at 9:40 am (#)

I remember the tooth a week days. We had a very absent-minded tooth fairy at our house. These cookies look amazing.

31. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on May 22, 2014 at 3:16 pm (#)

Where do you come up with all of these creative ideas?? These are definitely my favorite blossom variety yet! Chocolate, extra PB, a marshmallow… And no campfires either. Yum!! :) And hopefully Jordan waits a few weeks before losing another tooth. I’ll bet the tooth fairy’s wallet is getting a little light these days!

32. Krystle(Baking Beauty) posted on May 23, 2014 at 8:54 pm (#)

I am all about Smores. I actually bought some sort of Graham Cracker smore things at the store tonight a whim.

These look way better! I agree 100% that peanut butter blossoms should be enjoyed all year round!

33. Sam Murakami posted on June 3, 2014 at 1:48 am (#)

You know, it creates a really weird feeling, when you write about cookies and chocolate and the next sentence is “all her teeth keep falling out”. Its like “uhm… no cookie for me then, thanks!” ;D

I love this idea and will certainly try when I am back in Europe where I can get all the ingredients. I bet they’re delicious :)
    Love, Sam