Oct 21

Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars

Cookies 'n Cream Magic Bars | crazyforcrust.com | #magicbar #Oreo

Holy Cow people. Online BlogCon starts in the morning. I can’t believe it’s already here…and I’m so glad it finally is.

It’s like I’m giving birth to a giant blog baby. I hope she’s beautiful and everyone love her.

{Even if they don’t, I’m hoping they lie and say they do, much like people often do with babies.}

Anyway.

In the need to find something funny to talk about, I’m plagiarizing one of my Facebook posts from yesterday.

You know those “Keep Calm and …” things all over Pinterest?

Like…

Keep Calm and Blog

Keep Calm and Pin

Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake

Keep Calm and Drink Coffee

Keep Calm and Drink Wine  (<— my personal motto the last few days)

One of my favorites I found recently: Keep Calm? Seriously? In this house?

Anyway, you know what I mean. They are all over the place, and there is one for everything. (Keep Calm and Hug Your Golden, I’m looking at you.)

I was on Pinterest yesterday, searching for Keep Calm and Be You type quotes.

The first one that comes up? Keep Calm and be a <really nasty word for a woman that I reeeallllly hate>.

So, by being me, Pinterest called me a bad word. (LOL)

{FYI, I just re-searched it. Someone must have reported it, because it’s not there anymore.}

I thought it was a little hilarious, actually. That someone would make a sign that said that. I mean, who does that?

I think I need to make one that says: Keep Calm and Eat an Oreo. {Wait. It’s already there. People think of everything!}

How about: Keep Calm and Eat a Bag of Oreos.

Because that’s what’s in these bars. A bag of Oreos. White chocolate chips. Chopped Hershey’s Cookies ‘n Cream bars.

Did I mention sweetened condensed milk?

Keep Calm and Drink Sweetened Condensed Milk.

These are pure magic, really.

Keep Calm and Eat Magic Bars.

Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars

Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars

• 1 package ( oz) Oreos, divided
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 package white chocolate chips
  • 12 mini Hershey’s Cookies ‘n Cream bars, broken into sections
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13” pan with parchment paper or foil.
  2. Finely crush 20 Oreos in a food processor. Mix with melted butter and press into prepared pan.
  3. Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped Hershey bars evenly over the top of the crust. Coarsely chop the remaining Oreos and sprinkle them over the top of the candy. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
  4. Bake for about 20-24 minutes, until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool Completely before cutting.

Thanks for reading!

67 Responses to “Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars”

1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on October 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm (#)

Luuuurve cookies and cream anythiiiing

2. Brittany D. posted on October 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm (#)

Love this! I told you this on Instagram, but those cookies and cream bars are muh fave!!!!

3. Pingback: Cookies 'n Cream Magic Bars | Crazy for Crust

4. Kristin posted on October 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm (#)

As I read through this I thought, “Well, there’s got to be butter too…”
    Sure enough, there it is.
    I could eat SCMilk with a spoon. Just a can of it and a spoon. Sounds like a good time to me.

5. Kaylee @ Couponing & Cooking posted on October 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm (#)

My grandmother use to let us drink condensed milk. And eat it out of a bowl with a spoon. She is awesome.

Can’t wait for Online BlogCon tomorrow!

6. Jenn posted on October 21, 2012 at 6:31 pm (#)

I’m pretty sure I could eat the entire pan of these!

7. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on October 21, 2012 at 6:33 pm (#)

Dorothy–you and Ashton have done SUCH a great job with Online BlogCon. It’s going to be wonderful and fantastic and pretty much the coolest thing ever. You guys should be SO proud of yourselves! But I am the queen of stressing, so I totally understand. These cookies and cream bars look amazing and like the perfect way to de-stress. Eat two, just to be safe. :-)

8. Erin @ Making Memories posted on October 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm (#)

These look amazing! How about Keep Calm and Eat On? Hmm, I’ll keep working on it. Those do crack me up. There’s one for everything.

9. Susan posted on October 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm (#)

I love the whole “Keep Calm” thing…seriously, my life right now is anything but. However, those Oreo bars would make me very happy and forget about the stress:-D

10. Shannon Moore posted on October 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm (#)

Is this what your brought to the luncheon last week? If so, the were delicious! Good luck with the BlogCon tomorrow. I know it’s going to be a huge success!

11. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on October 21, 2012 at 8:11 pm (#)

Oh mah gawd. No wonder Mel was freaking over these. There’s no way Mr. Healthy could survive around ’em! :) they look amazing. And I’m SO proud of you, girlfriend! Online BlogCon is going to be such a success because of all your hard work. And copious wine-drinking but that’s not important. The important thing is, you rock!

12. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on October 21, 2012 at 8:17 pm (#)

Yay for BlogCon being tomorrow!! I am so excited for it! You and Ashton have done a fabulous job getting it all organized for us!!! And OMGosh…those bars are seriously amazing! Oreo and white chocolate?…it just keeps getting better!!!

13. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on October 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm (#)

keep calm and drink SCM. hahahahaha I love it. Oreos make me swoon. My fave packaged cookie EVER! These look so good! Excited for blogcon tomorrow!!

14. keri @ shaken together posted on October 22, 2012 at 2:47 am (#)

My kid, who only likes chocolate if it is Oreos or cookies n cream bars (really? how did I birth you with such a limited love of chocolate?!) is going to LOOOOOOOVVVE these!

15. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on October 22, 2012 at 4:04 am (#)

Oh these do look magical!!! And a bag of Oreos? You can’t even eat one? Nobody would notice right?

16. Ashton @ Something Swanky posted on October 22, 2012 at 4:33 am (#)

I can’t believe you even got a post up! As I was going to bed last night, I realized I didn’t even have anything ready. And I just like “whatever. I give up.” hahah… I’ll have one up later, but sheesh! Way to one-up a sista!

By the way–these look just lovely. You know how I feel about magic bars…. and Oreos, obviously :)

17. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on October 22, 2012 at 5:17 am (#)

Yum I love cookies and cream

18. Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection posted on October 22, 2012 at 5:33 am (#)

Keep calm and eat Oreo Magic Bars! Haha I love it!! These do look like the ultimate comfort dessert to ease all sorts of stress.

And the Online BlogCon is finally here!! I’m so happy that you and Ashton put this together. :)

19. Mom posted on October 22, 2012 at 7:05 am (#)

Wow, I want some (notice I didn’t just say one?). These look great! Have fun at blogcon for the next few days.
    Love, Mom

20. Lori Ann posted on October 22, 2012 at 8:35 am (#)

Thank you Dorothy for sharing this recipe on Munchin’ on Mondays link share party! Hope you have a successful week :)

21. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more posted on October 22, 2012 at 8:54 am (#)

oh boy those sound good!

22. Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box posted on October 22, 2012 at 8:59 am (#)

I love anything Oreo! Add that to white chocolate and cookies & cream bars and I’m hooked! Pinning :)

23. Melissa posted on October 22, 2012 at 9:32 am (#)

Absolutely amazing! I don’t think I have Oreos in the house right now, but I will soon so I can make these!

24. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on October 22, 2012 at 9:38 am (#)

These look incredible. I love cookies and cream anything but with Oreos and those cookies and cream chocolate bars [which themselves look like heaven (I’ve tried the cookies and cream Hershey’s kisses)], AND sweetened condensed milk? WTG! I want to inhale the whole batch!

And yay on BlogCon starting. I hope everything with that goes perfectly for both you and Ashton.

25. Ala posted on October 22, 2012 at 9:48 am (#)

So simple, yet so delicious! And on the subject of keeping calm, my personal motto has been to “Keep Calm and Commit Metaphorical Murders.” It’s quite soothing, actually. Or “Keep Calm and Pretend You’re a Witch–Obliviate! (See? All Better.)” Or keep calm and procrastinate on this lovely site instead of thinking of real-life issues… http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/

26. Karly posted on October 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm (#)

Um, yeah. I would love to drink sweetened condensed milk. With a straw. Two cans, please. I’ll use it to wash down these ridiculous bars.

27. Desi posted on October 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm (#)

You had me at cookies n cream :) And the nerve of pinterest! Bad pinterest, bad!

28. Joan@Chocolate and More posted on October 22, 2012 at 4:33 pm (#)

At next year’s Blogcon, you need to make these and send them to us all. That’s the only thing missing from the conference, awesome food and drinks! You did amazing putting everything together, sit back and enjoy it!

29. Kristi@My San Francisco Kitchen posted on October 22, 2012 at 5:29 pm (#)

I am an Oreo freak! What a great recipe.

30. Baking Serendipity posted on October 22, 2012 at 6:17 pm (#)

I think keep calm and eat these, with wine, for dinner :) Delicious!

31. Liz posted on October 23, 2012 at 6:10 am (#)

My son love Cookies and Cream chocolate bars so I’m sure I’ll be making these soon enough! They look delicious…thanks for sharing! :)

32. Pingback: Apple Butter Pie Bars | Crazy for Crust

33. HungryLittleGirl posted on October 24, 2012 at 8:20 pm (#)

Wow they look scrumptious!
    I would love to have you link them up to Wednesday Extravaganza – my Foodie Link Party :)
    Here is the link:

Can’t wait to see you there!

34. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking posted on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 am (#)

keep calm and eat a whole batch of these bars sounds perfect to me!
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful bars Dorothy, just linked to them in my 100 chocolate recipes from 100 bloggers post

35. Pingback: Whatever Friday | Crazy for Crust

36. The Better Baker posted on October 26, 2012 at 6:38 am (#)

I LOVE Oreos and sweetened condensed milk…and would LOVE to try drinking it. =) GREAT idea! LOL Thanks for sharing this amazing and awesome creation.

37. The Better Baker posted on October 26, 2012 at 6:39 am (#)

P.S. – Thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck too. =D

38. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Cupcakes | Crazy for Crust

39. Pingback: This week’s Mom Bakes « Mom Bakes

40. Mary posted on October 29, 2012 at 5:03 pm (#)

Hi Dorothy – I love your Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars Recipe!!! Pinned! Thanks for the yummy share!

41. Michelle posted on October 29, 2012 at 8:24 pm (#)

Dorothy,
    I love your sense of humor. I personally love the keep calm and drink sweetened condensed milk! These bars are amazing! I’m not much of a cookie eater but I do love my Oreo’s. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

42. Megan posted on October 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm (#)

WOW! these look amazing and divine!
    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

43. Six Sisters posted on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm (#)

These look so good! Bag any diet because these are sooooo worth it! :) Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Six Sisters

44. Pingback: Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff Saturday - Something Swanky

45. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on November 2, 2012 at 7:59 pm (#)

Oh my!! How did I miss these? Looks so good! WOW! I honestly don’t get all the “Keep Calm…” posts. I’m just dork i guess.

• crazyforcrust replied on November 4th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I like most of them, some are funny. What’s funny is how cult-like they’ve gotten!

46. Pingback: Snickers Peanut Butter Pie | Crazy for Crust

47. Laura posted on November 10, 2012 at 11:52 am (#)

My nephew LOVES anything cookies and cream. So when my mom wanted to send him a care package (he’s in the Air Force), I sent her to this post. He received them this past Monday and has already asked for more…an entire batch, not just a small container. He shared them with his friends and they all went crazy for them. He said they were a little messed up from shipping but over all held up well and were still nice and gooey. Thank you for coming up with such an amazing & tasty creation!!

48. Pingback: Gingerbread Oreo stuffed Snickerdoodles | Crazy for Crust

49. Pingback: Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars | Crazy for Crust

50. carrian posted on May 11, 2013 at 3:11 pm (#)

Yes, I like the bag of oreos one. 😉