This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
So I guess there is a big game coming up? Who knew?
Kidding. I know all about it. Believe me.
You’re probably starting to think about snacks to serve at your party, right? Or something to snack on while your husband ignores you and the kids for 8 straight hours of pre-game, during-game, and post-game?
Well, I have just the snack for you.
Pie? I’ve done that. Dip? It’s been done. Lots. What else could I make that would be perfect for a game day snack?
Well, that’s just it – I needed a snack. What do you serve at Super Bowl parties? Snack foods. Bite sized. People don’t break out a sheet cake to celebrate the big win.
Well maybe they do but that’s only if they reeealllly like their team.
The first thing that comes to mine when I think of snack and apples is peanut butter. It was a natural progression to mix the peanut butter and apple butter. I added some graham cracker crumbs for texture and binding. You could roll the finished product in peanuts, as I have, or in graham cracker crumbs, or even dip them in chocolate!
These are really good – and kid approved. The apple butter adds a spicy depth to the peanut butter. These would be a great addition to any party – a somewhat healthier addition to a calorie-laden game day table. AND they are super good frozen – straight from the freezer. A great afternoon snack!
And they’re pretty too! 🙂
Peanut Apple Butter Bites
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Stir together peanut butter and apple butter in a medium sized bowl. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of the peanut butter mixture onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet (dough will be soft). Roll into uniformed sized balls. Place chopped peanuts in a small bowl and roll the balls in them to coat.
- Store in refrigerator; they can also be frozen.
Find Musselman’s Apple Butter in the jam/jelly aisle of your grocery store. You can also find more recipes online at Musselman’s.com.
Other apple goodness you might like:
Apple Butter Pie Bars
Crumb Apple Pie
I was given a jar of apple butter and a bowl from Musselman’s in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last Updated on February 2, 2023