Easy Garlic Knots are no yeast, no rise, and full of protein. They’re soft and delicious – the perfect roll to serve as a side or a party snack. Plus, I’m sharing how to make them even easier with a 2-ingredient dough recipe.
Bonus: These are WW and Macro friendly, if that matters to you!
Table of Contents
Easy Garlic Knots Without Yeast
These homemade garlic knots are my newest obsession – they’re great if you’re on WW, counting macros, or just want quick garlic knots!
The best part about this soft garlic knots recipe is that it doesn’t have any yeast. So, no waiting for the dough to rise and no fussy steps that take hours!
Instead of yeast, you use baking powder to leaven the dough when it bakes. It’s so easy, and these Weight Watchers garlic knots turn out soft and golden, just like traditional garlic knots.
These are a breeze to make – mix up the dough in one bowl, shape it into knots, and bake them. They take less than an hour from start to finish.
You can even adapt this recipe to a 2-ingredient dough! I’m sharing how to do it later in the post.
Ingredients in Garlic Knots
- Flour: You can use all-purpose flour OR self-rising – but the rest of the recipe is different so pay attention to which you use.
- Baking Powder: This is what causes the dough to rise.
- Salt: For flavor, and it’s a must so you don’t have bland bread.
- Greek Yogurt: Any brand of fat-free plain Greek Yogurt will work. Drain any excess liquid.
- Melted Butter and Garlic: This is what gives the garlic knots that, well, garlic flavor.
Tip: You can use garlic powder or garlic paste in place of fresh garlic cloves.
All-Purpose Flour vs. Self-Rising Flour
What’s great about these macro dinner rolls is that you can easily convert the dough to a super easy 2-ingredient dough recipe using self-rising flour.
Self-rising flour is different from all-purpose flour because it has added ingredients. It is basically all-purpose flour mixed with salt and baking powder. Having all three in one means you don’t have as much to measure. It also means you can turn this recipe into 2-ingredient garlic knots!
All you do is omit the salt and baking powder and substitute 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour for the all-purpose flour. Just mix it with the yogurt, and your dough is ready.
How to Make Garlic Knots EASILY
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a floured cutting board and knead it to form a ball.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a long rope.
- Form the rope into a knot. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the melted butter and garlic in a small bowl. Brush the garlic butter on the top of each garlic knot. Bake them at 400° until they are light golden brown.
Macro and Weight Watcher Friendly Garlic Knots
So, yes, they’re super easy, but they’re also great if you’re watching what you eat. These DIY garlic knots are perfect for WW, and they’re a great macro bread, too.
- WW Smart Points: 2
- WW Points+: 2
- Macros: 3 protein, 1 fiber, 11 carbs
If you’ve never made garlic knots from scratch, this is a great recipe to try. No one will guess how easy they are – they’ll think you worked all day to make them.
Yes, this dough is excellent for breadsticks. Once you’ve kneaded the dough into a ball, press it flat, then slice it into strips and bake.
A thicker Greek yogurt works best. If yours is liquidy, you can drain it before adding it to the other ingredients.
Yes, you can use self-rising flour and make it a two-ingredient dough. Just omit the salt and baking powder and use 1 ¼ cup of self-rising flour in place of the all-purpose flour.
Store them in an airtight container, and they will keep at room temperature for up to two days.
Yes, these easy garlic knots are freezer-friendly. Once they are cooled, store them in a freezer bag, and they will keep in the freezer for several months.
Yes, it doubles great!
A 2-ingredient dough recipe has Greek yogurt and self-rising flour. Self-rising flour has baking powder and salt, so there’s no need to add those extra ingredients.
More WW Friendly Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Easy Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups (155g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt drained of excess liquid (weight will vary based on brand)
- 1 tablespoon (14g) butter, melted
- 2 cloves crushed garlic see note
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add Greek Yogurt and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured cutting board and knead with your hands to form a ball.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope and form into a knot.
- Stir butter and garlic and brush over knots. Bake for 18-24 minutes, or until light golden and baked through.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
• Make this 2 ingredient dough by omitting salt and baking powder and substituting 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour for the all-purpose. WW SmartPoints: 2
WW Points+: 2
Macros: 3P 1F 11C
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
These easy Garlic Knots are WW-friendly, and you don’t need yeast to make them! They’re soft and delicious – the perfect roll to serve as a side or a party snack.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: January 9, 2022