This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Dip is an easy dessert dip with just 2 ingredients! It’s a fun dessert you can serve with all kinds of dippers like fresh fruit, cookies, and crackers. It’s so easy to make, plus it keeps in the refrigerator so you can warm it up when you want a quick chocolate fix!
Table of Contents
Perfect Chocolate Recipe for Dipping
If there’s anything I love more than dessert, it’s a dessert with only 2 ingredients! And there’s no easier one than this chocolate dip.
I love this dipping chocolate because it’s perfect for entertaining. The dip is so simple to make, and then you can serve it on a platter with all kinds of dippers to go with it. It’s my kind of entertaining – easy, simple, and delicious.
If you’ve ever made chocolate ganache, you can make this chocolate recipe for dipping. It’s as simple as heating cream and pouring it over chocolate. Stir, and you get the best dip ever.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Dip
Chopped Semi-sweet baking chocolate or bittersweet baking chocolate: Use a good quality chocolate!
Heavy whipping cream: This helps the chocolate melt and be nice and smooth.
How to Make Dipping Chocolate
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream until it’s just simmering, and pour it over the chocolate.
- Let it sit for 30 seconds, and then whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
What to Serve with Chocolate Dip
Fruit: We love this with sliced bananas, whole strawberries, pineapple slices, and sliced apples.
Cookies: Wafer cookies, crispy chocolate chip cookies, gingersnaps, and Oreos are great as dippers!
Pie Dippers: Make a batch of pie crust dippers to scoop up all the chocolate.
Other ideas: If you love salty-sweet, try pretzel twists or rods or buttery-style crackers like Ritz.
Warming tip: Don’t let it boil when you heat the cream. It should be simmering and steaming hot. If it boils, it can burn. You can warm the cream on the stove in a pan or heat it in the microwave.
Serving tip: For parties, I like to place a bowl of dip on a large platter, cutting board, or even a sheet pan. Arrange all of the dippers around it so everyone can help themselves. It’s a really pretty presentation.
How to store chocolate dip: Leftover dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to reheat it: The dip will harden as it cools. To reheat, warm it in the microwave and stir it well before serving.
Different Delicious Dips
- Chocolate Cream Pie Dip
- Baked Churro Chips with Chocolate Ganache Dip
- Snickers Dip
- Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Dip
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Chocolate Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate (113g)
- ⅔ cup (158ml) heavy whipping cream
- Chop baking chocolate and place in a heat-safe bowl.
- Heat heavy whipping cream until just simmering and pour over the chocolate. Let sit 30 seconds then whisk until smooth.
- Stir before using; chocolate will semi-harden as it sits and cools. Reheat in microwave to thin. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
If you’ve been looking for chocolate dip ideas, your search stops here. This recipe is so easy, ready in just minutes, and always gets rave reviews. Enjoy!