Mar 28

10 Blogs You Should Be Reading #2

10 blogs you should be reading #2

Happy Saturday! I’m back today with my second installment of 10 Blogs You Should Be Reading. I am really enjoying doing this series and I wish I could do it every week, because there are so many amazing blogs out there. There are so many that I don’t even know about. If you have one you think I should feature, leave it in the comments. :)

Todays list combines some bloggers you may know by name. I’m lucky to call several of those on this list friends! They’re all food bloggers today…but then again, that’s what I read most often. I hope you enjoy this list. Click through to show them some love!

If you’re interested, my most recent eBay and Parade posts are linked at the bottom. I’d love for you to check them out! Have a great weekend…another great recipe coming tomorrow. xo

1. I Wash You Dry

Not only do I love this blog, but I love it’s author. Shawn is one of the sweetest people I know and she still likes me even though we roomed together at BlogHer Food last year. I love her recipes (and she makes everything from dinner to dessert) but I absolutely love her photography. Every image looks like the cover of a book. Key Lime Pie Muddy Buddies, Samoa Pull-Apart Bread…you name it, it’s not only gorgeous but sounds like I need a drool cup. She even has a book coming out!

2. Baked by an Introvert

I’ve only virtually met Jen through our blogs, but I know the first time I saw the title of her blog I was intrigued. Pretty much, that’s me too. I’m so introverted it’s not even funny! I really resonated with her about page and of course, her recipes are to die for. Things like No Bake Snickers Cheesecake and Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownie Cookies just make me drool almost daily!

3. Wine & Glue

Oh, how do I write this paragraph without becoming a blubbering idiot? You all probably know how much I love Lisa from Wine & Glue. I met Lisa because she wrote me an email a few years ago. That email so resonated with me that I immediately clicked over to her blog and the rest was history. I’d visit her blog no matter what she posted, but usually she makes things like Banana Monkey Bread with Nutella Ganache and Chocolate Peanut Butter Brookie Pie which make me want to be her neighbor. And she loves cocktails as much as I do. I’m so happy I can call her a friend as well as a “blog friend.”

4. bethcakes

I met Beth, I think, because she left a comment on my blog. I clicked over and was greeted with some of the prettiest photos I’d ever seen. We eat with our eyes first and mine got totally stuffed that day. Desserts like Funfetti Cheesecake, Strawberry Lemon Layer Cake, and Mini Cookie Butter Brownie Pies are the norm on Beth’s blog. Be ready to drool.

5. Sweet and Savory by Shinee

I discovered Shinee just before Christmas. I’ve found so many gorgeous looking recipes on her blog! Click on over and find things like Roasted Garlic Breadsticks and Mini Chocolate Layer Cakes that will make your tummy grumble because it’s drinking a green smoothie. #trustory Also? She loves macarons and 24. We’re destined to be friends. :)

6. Grandbaby Cakes

If you don’t already know Jocelyn, I don’t know what you’re waiting for. I have to say, whenever I think of Jocelyn I lose my words. She is one of those amazing women that is so nice and friendly that she makes you feel like besties from the first time you meet. I’ve only met her a few times in person and whenever I do I feel like I’m hanging out with someone I’ve known forever. Not only that, but her blog is full of the most deliciously amazing recipes. She posts major comfort food from dinners and drinks to dessert. Check out her Raspberry Lemon Bars and her Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet and you’ll see what I mean. Go to her blog for her recipes, stay for her kind and wonderful personality!

7. The Gunny Sack

I’ve been reading Tonia’s blog for years and I feel like we’ve grown up together. The Gunny Sack is not just all about food. She posts fun crafts AND great food. I’m kind of jealous of her dual creativity. :) I absolutely love her desserts, like the Bloomin’ Baked Apples and Peanut Butter Cup Cookies but whenever I need a DIY gift I head to her first, because I’m in love with all her homemade scrubs!

8. Real Food by Dad

I met Matt (and his wife Naomi) at the Pillsbury Bake-Off last year. Seeing men at blogging events is a little like actually seeing a leprechaun – it hardly ever happens. Matt was super nice and gave me tons of advice about Twitter (which I actually implemented and it’s working!). His recipes are simple and delicious and range from hearty dinners to sinful desserts. Recipes like Philly Cheese Steak Pull-Apart Bread and Butterfinger Pudding Pops speak to his tagline: Real Food. Real Life.

9. The Domestic Rebel

You all know Hayley right? I mean….you should. I’ve talked about her enough. Hayley is not only an amazing blogger but she’s my neighbor, and my friend. She’s so super cool, I want to grow up and be just like her. And? She posts things like brownie bombs and Mint Oreo Overload Cake. Her stories are fabulous and totally all true. Trust me, I’ve been with Hayley when weird people chat her up. It’s surreal. Also? THIS.

10. Dieter’s Downfall

Karyn, the blogger behind Pint Sized Baker, also runs this gorgeous food blog. I absolutely love the idea behind Dieter’s Downfall. Each week Karyn posts three recipes to the blog. The first two are components of the third grand recipe. For example, she made decadent brownies on day 1, ice cream on day 2, and then on day 3 put them all together to make a Banana and Ice Cream Tower. Karyn decided to push her baking skills and try to make recipes completely from scratch and those recipes make up Dieter’s Downfall. In the words of her tagline, Yeah, I’d cheat on my diet for that. And I really would.

Well, that’s it for today, my friends. 20 blogs down and 2,000,000 to go. Kidding…there are probably like 4,000,000 blogs now. ;) Have a great weekend!

But wait…before you go. Check out my latest eBay and Parade posts!

Cinnamon Sugar Cupcakes

Cinnamon Sugar Cupcakes (1 of 5)

Oreo Pretzels

Oreo Pretzels (1 of 4)w

How to Cut the Perfect Slice of Pie

Tutorial how to cut the perfect slice of pie

23 Marvelous Muddy Buddies Recipes

23 Muddy Buddies Recipes

Pin It Yum

22 Responses to “10 Blogs You Should Be Reading #2”

1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 28, 2015 at 5:18 am (#)

Yesss-awesome round up! Some people I already love and some new things for me to check out!

2. Erin @ Miss Scrambled Egg posted on March 28, 2015 at 6:52 am (#)

Dorothy – I’m loving this series of posts. Hayley makes some really unique and fun-looking desserts. That’s awesome that she’s your neighbor. I’ll have to check out some of these other blogs! :D

3. Malinda @countrysidecravings posted on March 28, 2015 at 7:36 am (#)

Thank you so much for doing this Dorothy!!  It has been fun looking at all of these new blogs!!!!

4. Neeli @ Neeli's Unique Creations posted on March 28, 2015 at 8:04 am (#)

Hi Dorothy, what a great list. I have a confession to make, I’m a blogoholic. I come to your blog often and have visited some of the other food blogs that you have on your list. I can’t get enough really and enjoy looking at and saving recipes from food blogs that I want to try. I love trying recipes from other people and I think that it’s fun to try new things.

5. Shinee posted on March 28, 2015 at 8:31 am (#)

Oh my gosh, so many great bloggers. And many of them I already follow! And I just can’t believe you included my blog! Thank you so much, Dorothy!

6. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on March 28, 2015 at 8:36 am (#)

SO many great bloggers in this roundup and I’m so flattered that you included me! I’m in great company and I LOVE the other bloggers listed on this roundup :) Love you friend! xoxo.

7. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on March 28, 2015 at 9:48 am (#)

My heart is so warmed right now. Did you know I feel EXACTLY the same about YOU? You are my blogger soul sister my dear. I just love you the pieces, and each of these blogs are so amazing. I feel honored to be included in their company.

8. Shawn @ I Wash You Dry posted on March 28, 2015 at 10:28 am (#)

Oh Dorothy! You are just amazing and I love you to pieces. Thank you for sharing my site!! What a great list of blogs here, I can’t wait to check out the ones I haven’t seen yet!

9. Eve @ Baking the Day posted on March 28, 2015 at 10:44 am (#)

Love this round-up, I will definitely have to look at these blogs asap!

10. Lindsay Ann @ Lindsay Ann Bakes posted on March 28, 2015 at 11:10 am (#)

I love this new series! How fun learning about new blogs to follow :D

11. Lynn+@+The+Actor’s+Diet posted on March 28, 2015 at 1:39 pm (#)

I can’t believe how many blogs have popped up in the last few years! Thanks for curating a list.

12. Mir posted on March 28, 2015 at 5:16 pm (#)

I love these bloggers, too! Jen I discovered recently and she’s awesome. Jocelyn is a star in the making. Lisa is hilarious. I love reading about her life! And Karyn does amazing Pinterest outreach. Seriously, everyone is so inspirational.  As are you!

13. Theresa McInerney posted on March 28, 2015 at 6:39 pm (#)

Hello!  Thank you for this list…..loving it! Another one of my fav’s is Laurens latest. Check hers out if you get a chance.

14. Mariah @ Mariah's Pleasing Plates posted on March 28, 2015 at 6:46 pm (#)

I love this list, you have some of my current favorites on there and some new ones for me to check out too! Happy Saturday!

15. Jen @ Baked by an Introvert posted on March 28, 2015 at 8:39 pm (#)

You are so sweet to include me, Dorothy! I am flattered that you even take notice of my tiny little blog. I honestly don’t feel worthy of being in the spot light with these other talented bloggers. I hope to meet you in person someday. I’m working up the nerve to attend a conference and it would be awesome to cross paths with you and everyone else who inspires me to keep working hard everyday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

16. Beth @ bethcakes posted on March 29, 2015 at 6:04 pm (#)

Thanks so much, Dorothy!! I have totally loved following your blog and all your amazing creations, and I really appreciate the shout-out!! :)

17. Erin+@+The+Spiffy+Cookie posted on March 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm (#)

Great list! I follow most already but a couple new to check out!

18. Ashley@blondegirlcravings posted on March 29, 2015 at 8:56 pm (#)

Loving these posts, its always fun to find to new blogs to subscribe to. Could my in box get any more full?!?!

19. Karen@ The Food Charlatan posted on March 29, 2015 at 9:57 pm (#)

Such a great list Dorothy! You’ve provided me with great food for reading. That makes total sense right? :)

20. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on March 31, 2015 at 11:17 am (#)

I know and love most of these bloggers too!!! Isn’t it amazing how quickly we can get to know these friends, even though we are miles apart!!  I can’t wait to check out some of the ones that are new to me!  Love this fun post!!!

21. Jocelyn posted on April 1, 2015 at 7:58 pm (#)

I can’t thank you enough for these posts!  I love your blog and I absolutely love keeping up with many food blogs.  I started following many of the blogs featured in the first post and I can’t wait to try these out!  Thanks again!

22. ellouisa posted on April 9, 2015 at 5:21 am (#)

hi dorothy,I’m ellouisa from the netherlands and i really love your recipes!i just can’t choose what to make first!! i asalso like your top tens,these blogs i wil add to my followinglist on bloglovin. I do have a foodblog myself,it is in Dutch,but i have a google translatewidget so you can translate it in English very easy. I hope you take a look at my blog and enjoy my recipes! love,