May 30

31 Seven Layer Magic Bar Recipes

Seven Layer Bars. Magic Bars. Whatever you call them, I’m totally addicted! List an ingredient (any ingredient: candy, cookies, anything) and I will give you 10 versions off the top of my head. And, from the looks of it, my blog friends and all of you love them too, so I’ve collected some of my favorites from around the blogosphere! Enjoy!

magic bar round up

Please only pin the collage above from this site. If you see something you like, please click through to pin!

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars by www.crazyforcrust | A brownie crust topped with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

White Chocolate Macadamia Magic Pizza

White Chocolate Macadamia Magic Pizza 6 words

Caramel Snickers 7 Layer Bars by Sally’s Baking Addiction

8097d63f204cf3515ae2dd995a2fd10a

Chocolate Peanut Butter 7 Layer Bars by The Domestic Rebel

12fb8a904260258d88fbe86f39e0ce04

Magic Cookie Bar Pie by Rook No. 17

magic cookie bar pie easiest pie ever

Magic Truffles by Pastry School Diaries

Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Cookie Bars by Love From The Oven

Cookies-Cream-Magic-Cookie-Bars-by-Love-From-The-Oven

Samoa Magic Bars by The Domestic Rebel

32494ed258545743d99d3873e5c6474f

Red Velvet Cookies ‘n Cream Magic Bars by Sweet 2 Eat Baking

6fa94313c69d8ac684fb95e1d6416617

Chocolate Cherry Magic Bars by What’s Cooking Love?

9937fad8f88cd36f3507c76fdbe2b929

Tropical Magic Bar Cookies by Barbara Bakes

Tropical-Magic-Bar-Cookies-2-Barbara-Bakes

Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars by Mom on Timeout

29213903920895bbd752a7d3dc13bc5a

Strawberry Fudge Magic Bars by Inside BruCrew Life

Strawberry_Fudge_Magic_Bars-title

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker

Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow-Magic-Bars

Sm’Oreo Seven Layer Bars by Something Swanky

DSC_4170-edited-title

Seven Layer Ice Cream Pie

seven-layer-ice-cream-pie (5 of 11)

What’s your favorite magic bar? I have too many favorites to count!

Thanks for reading!

40 Responses to “31 Seven Layer Magic Bar Recipes”

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 30, 2013 at 3:28 pm (#)

Love them all! I have a few recipes for them on my site as well as in my cookbook! And I love layered bars of all kind. Period!

3. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on May 30, 2013 at 3:34 pm (#)

Ok, I seriously want one of all of those. I kept scrolling and drooling after each and every picture. I love every single version you shared here. There is something so magical to a bar when you drench it in sweetened condensed milk!!!

4. Heather @ French Press posted on May 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm (#)

now that’s one delicious collection! thanks so much for including mine:)

5. aimee @ like mother like daughter posted on May 30, 2013 at 3:46 pm (#)

oh my gosh, these all look so amazing. I pinned this and I’m going to some of the sites to see the recipes now. yum yum yum!

6. Cindy Harris posted on May 30, 2013 at 4:29 pm (#)

What a great post–so much yummy in one post. I love it. Thanks so much.

7. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on May 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm (#)

I love these round ups. It helps me make sure I didn’t miss anything good!

8. nessa posted on May 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm (#)

Eyeing those red velvet cookies n cream magic bars!!

9. Summer @ Mallow and Co posted on May 30, 2013 at 5:41 pm (#)

Ha, ha, I first read this as 31 Layer Magic Bars… I was like, “What the – 31 Layers!?!!” Ha ha, this is an awesome roundup. And when I say awesome I mean as in terrible for my hips kind of awesome… :)

10. Tieghan posted on May 30, 2013 at 6:35 pm (#)

Love all these! I just tried 7 layer bars for the first time when I made my Oatmeal Cookie & Layer Bars a few week ago. SO GOOD! I fell in love with them!

11. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on May 30, 2013 at 6:44 pm (#)

The magic of these bars is you really can’t screw them up! You’ve inspired me to make our tried and true with coconut, toffee, and chocolate chips . . . Buuuut only after I make every. Single. One. Of. These. Recipes. Seriously, these all are causing my drool to out of control. TMI, sorry. I’m gonna be one busy pinner … Shame on you for making me have to like all of these recipes! :)

12. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on May 30, 2013 at 6:48 pm (#)

Now that is a lot of magic! Can’t go wrong with any of these bars :) Thanks so much for including me in your round-up Dorothy!

13. Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life posted on May 30, 2013 at 6:50 pm (#)

A very big YUM! Thanks for posting — I now want to make all of these!

14. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on May 30, 2013 at 7:02 pm (#)

The magic of these bars is you really can’t screw them up! You’ve inspired me to make our tried and true with coconut, toffee, and chocolate chips . . . Buuuut only after I make every. Single. One. Of. These. Recipes. Seriously, these all are causing my drool to be out of control. TMI, sorry. I’m gonna be one busy pinner … Shame on you for making me have to like all of these recipes! :)

15. Amy posted on May 30, 2013 at 11:13 pm (#)

Oh my, Dorothy; these all look phenomenal! I wish you had posted this before May started… With 31 recipes, it would’ve been perfect to make one each day! Maybe that’ll be a challenge for July since that month has 31 days too! ;)

16. Tahnycooks posted on May 31, 2013 at 4:07 am (#)

Hellllllllo! Those Butterscotch Pecan Magic Bars are begging to be made in my kitchen! Drooling…. All, these bars look fabulous!

17. bridget {bake at 350} posted on May 31, 2013 at 5:10 am (#)

Wow…that’s a LOT of bars!!! ;) Thanks so much for including my 7-layer cookie ice cream! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 31st, 2013 at 4:48 pm

You’re welcome Bridget! Thanks for coming by!

18. tanya posted on May 31, 2013 at 5:22 am (#)

I have an overwhelming desire to make seven layer bars! So many here to choose from! Thank you Dorothy!

19. Melissa {Persnickety Plates} posted on May 31, 2013 at 5:45 am (#)

Holy moly that’s a sweet round-up! Thanks for including me! =)

20. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on May 31, 2013 at 9:06 am (#)

Absolutey speechless! All of these sweet magic bar treats look amazing, Dorothy!

21. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on May 31, 2013 at 9:54 am (#)

Oh my gosh, I want one of each! Awesome round up!

22. Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats posted on May 31, 2013 at 10:54 am (#)

I probably shouldn’t admit this but I still have never had a Seven Layer Magic Bar! Obviously I have enough options to choose from now!

23. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on May 31, 2013 at 11:50 am (#)

What a collection … where to start is a problem :)

24. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on May 31, 2013 at 12:28 pm (#)

Holy magicness! I want to inhale each and every one of these. I’m drooling like a starved lion! I wish I had about 80 cans of condensed milk in right now – I’d try each and every one!

Thanks for including my magic bars in your post too, but the credit goes to Hayley for those bad boys. :)

25. Anne ~ Uni Homemaker posted on May 31, 2013 at 1:59 pm (#)

What a great way to end the week with all these delicious tasty treats! Great recipe round -up Dorothy and Happy Friday! :)

26. Lisa @hooplapalooza posted on May 31, 2013 at 4:30 pm (#)

Oooo! i will be a frequent flyer to this post Dorothy! :>D

27. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on May 31, 2013 at 7:43 pm (#)

Holy YUM. You know how I feel about seven layer bars :) :) I could profess my love for them on the daily and proooobably write like, seventeen cookbooks exclusively on them. Thanks for including some linky love! I now want to drink a can of condensed milk.

28. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on June 1, 2013 at 6:48 pm (#)

Now that is the type of round up I like!

29. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on June 2, 2013 at 2:04 pm (#)

I love seven layer bars!! Though, I guess mine don’t always have seven layers, so maybe they don’t count ;) But, when you combine several layers of yumminess, how could you go wrong!?

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I don’t count either. That’s when I call ‘em Magic Bars. :)

30. Wendy posted on June 2, 2013 at 4:30 pm (#)

What an amazing list of amazing desserts! Though I haven’t had a 7 layer bar YET (I know it sounds like I have been living under a rock), I plan to remedy that soon. So many choices! Thanks, Dorothy.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Oh you must try some! They are SO good!

31. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on June 4, 2013 at 8:29 am (#)

I am a fool for 7 layer bar anything :) So many ideas and inspiration here, Dorothy! I’m loving it. Thanks for linking to my snickers bars :)

32. Jimmy posted on December 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm (#)

I’m a stay-at-home man-wife (my actual wife works, and I’m unemployed at the moment), and I’ve been looking for some good 7-layer-bar recipes! Yep, I do the cooking…..or part of it. Since I’ve been home so much, I’ve really grown to love cooking. Gotten pretty good, too, I might add! My gravy and fried chicken is almost Heaven. I definitely will bookmark this page, and make some of these soon!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 20th, 2013 at 6:57 am

Enjoy!! Magic bars are my favorite and they’re so easy!!

33. Sandy posted on December 22, 2013 at 1:56 pm (#)

These recipes inspired me to create a cookie bar with Teddy Graham’s with my oldest grandsons today. Thanks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 22nd, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Awesome!!! That is such a great idea Sandy!