Feb 15

Whatever Friday

Hey, hey it’s time for Whatever Friday!

Did you have a good Valentine’s Day? For us, Thursday was Friday. Jordan has a four day weekend, for President’s Day. Yay!

1. Before we get started,  I have a little something  I want to say…

HAPPY 60TH 29th BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL AMAZING MOM!

As you all read this I am frantically finishing my packing and heading down to their place for her birthday party tomorrow. My car is packed with two coolers of desserts and food and decorations. Thank goodness the dog isn’t coming, otherwise she wouldn’t fit! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll be able to see all the details as I go.

2. Okay…so let’s talk sugar! This week I posted…

Red Hots Muddy Buddies

Red-Hots-Muddy-Buddies 2 words

Amaretto Fudge

amaretto fudge 1 words

Red Velvet Cheesecake Loaf

red velvet cheesecake loaf 3 words

Skinny Mocha No-Bake Cheesecakes

skinny-mini-mocha-no-bake-cheesecakes 3 words

I’m still dreaming about the Muddy Buddies. And the Cheesecakes. Oh…and the Red Velvet Loaf and the fudge. Sigh. I dream about all my goodies all the time!

3. I went to lunch on Monday with Hayley and Heather. They dragged me kicking and screaming into Anthropologie and forced me to fall in love with this. And this. And this. Oh, and this. I loved them all so much I went back the next day and got that last one. Thank God it’s the only one that looked good. My credit cards shiver when we pass that store.

4. While I was at Anthropologie, I dropped in at Z Gallerie and visited my couch. You know, the one I’m going to buy when we have enough cash. (Sigh.)

Why does everything have to be SO expensive? #firstworldproblems

5. I have a huge case of the green-eyed monster right now. Ashton and Jocelyn and so many of my other blog friends are all meeting and mingling and having so much fun at the BYB Conference. Listen up ladies, you better bring me home information. ;)

6. I love technology. I love my iPhone, our iPad, and my Mac. I love iTunes and apps and all that jazz. But you know what? I think at some point you reach your limit of understanding technology. My limit? Is iTunes and syncing-all-the-things. It hurts my brain to set it all up. Apple ID’s, iCloud, message me. How about iCrazy?

IMG_2089

7. Have you ever had a green smoothie? I am addicted to them. Recently I tried the Mocha flavored Light Iced Coffee from International Delight. I had a brainstorm: make a green smoothie with it. It’s only 100 calories per cup, so it’s a perfect way to get some healthy stuff and some coffee. It was AMAZING. My new favorite green smoothie! Here’s the recipe: 1 banana, about 1/2-3/4 cup of the Iced Delight, a handful of spinach, and a few ice cubes. Blend until the ice is gone. Seriously, TRY IT.

8. Um, Jordan is going to be EIGHT next week. I’m sorry, what now?

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for hanging with me another week. :)

xo,
Dorothy

26 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies posted on February 15, 2013 at 6:29 am (#)

That green smoothie sounds pretty fantastic. I’ll have to try it! I’m usually too layz to bust out the blender in the morning.. maybe over the weekend :)

2. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on February 15, 2013 at 6:43 am (#)

Ooh! You’ve met Hayley!!! You can confirm for me that she’s not a terrifying psychopath, yes? :P

(I know she’s not, my mom is vaguely unsure lol)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

LOL! Not at all! She’s actually my neighbor. We realized after we met that I’ve walked my dog by her house a gazillion times. :)

3. sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on February 15, 2013 at 6:47 am (#)

I am so glad we don’t have that store here, I went in once, the dress I loved was almost $200, and it was just so pretty I almost cried walking out.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I know, this one wasn’t that bad, but it was a splurge. I don’t do it very often, believe me!!! I’ll probably wear it 1,000,000 times to make it pay for itself. :)

4. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on February 15, 2013 at 6:53 am (#)

I’m super jealous about BYBC too. Also, next time you all go to lunch, invite me! I know I live 80 million miles away, but sheesh! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

You could totally hop on a plane, right? :) I WISH!!!

5. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on February 15, 2013 at 6:58 am (#)

Have an awesome time and happy birthday to your mom!

• Mom replied on February 15th, 2013 at 7:17 am

Thanks, Tonia!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Thanks so much! :)

6. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork posted on February 15, 2013 at 7:07 am (#)

Have a great day celebrating your Mom’s birthday!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Meghan!

7. Kristin posted on February 15, 2013 at 8:18 am (#)

That Lara dress is beautiful! I’m actually so glad we live no where near an Anthro and I kinda hope we never do lol.
    Can’t wait to see what you do for Jordan’s party! Have a great weekend with your family, Dorothy :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Thanks Kristin! Have a great weekend too!

8. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on February 15, 2013 at 8:33 am (#)

Happy Bday to your mom! Have a fun weekend. I have on my grocery list to find that ID Light iced coffee. I can’t wait to try it and I love your idea of making with a green smoothie. Definitely trying that since I love green smoothies. Great idea, as always!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Thanks Jennifer! Have a great weekend!

• Mom replied on February 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Thanks, Jennifer!

9. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on February 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm (#)

Have a great weekend with your family! I’m going to have to try this green smoothie!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Thank you Jessica! You too!

10. Mom posted on February 15, 2013 at 4:01 pm (#)

Thanks, KIddo. I really appreciate all the work you are going to.

11. Heather @French Press posted on February 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm (#)

I have been dreaming of that dress for days, I’m thinking a trip this weekend is n order.

Lunch was SO much fun – we have to do it again soon.

Have a great weekend

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 17th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Ooooh, did you go????? :)

12. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on February 15, 2013 at 10:32 pm (#)

Happy bday to Jordan! Mine just turned 6. Or should I say, 16. God, she’s growing up fast. I bet you feel the same way about yours!

And I love flavored coffee creamer. I buy a ridic amt of it b/c I use about 10x what a serving is supposed to be :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 17th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Totally! 8 going on 16 here. It’s going crazy fast!