Oct 26

Whatever Friday

It’s FRIDAY. Oh my goodness…what a busy week!

1. Online BlogCon is over. Sniff. I’m so sad it’s done! It was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done. I learned SO much and made so many new friends…plus I got to be even better besties with Ashton. Win-win.

That said, I’m kind of excited to get my “life” back. I feel as though I’ve been neglecting you all, my favorite people. Oh, and my kid. She told me the other day she’s happy it’s ending so I can, and I quote, “spend time with your lovely daughter again.”

2. This is also the same kid who, when I was telling her that we needed to work on her poem recitation last weekend and asked, “You don’t want to fail your speech, do you?” answered me:

“But mom, everyone fails sometime. So it’s okay if I fail it.”

Wow. I know she came out of me, and I know the doctor used the right embryo because she’s my little twin, but man. Nothing. Like. Me. At. All.

3. Even amongst the craziness, I made you sugar. I’m crazy that way.

I made you Oreos-on-crack.

I made you your new favorite Apple Pie (Bars).

Aaaaand I made you chocolate cupcakes. Basic, but goooood.

4. My cat, Callie, helped me on Facebook the other day. You know how I know the weather has changed? She won’t leave me alone and wants to sit on me all day.

Really, she’s cuter than this. This photo…she looks…stoned? She obviously does not photograph well.

{Do you Instagram? Follow me! @crazyforcrust}

5. This weekend I get to have lunch with Hayley, Michelle, Trish, Heather, and Melissa, Jacqueline, and maybe Ellen. I’m SO excited!

6. I promise I’m going to catch up reading blogs this weekend. I miss you all SO much!

7. Facebook chat has become a crutch for me. I’m, like, addicted. Ashton, even though this conference is over, watch out.

8. I keep getting compliments on how blonde my hair looks, and how smooth and silky it is. I guess giving it a week-long bath in olive oil does good things for hair.

9. I’m still having nightmares/itchy head fears/obsession with the reason behind the olive oil.

10. Go check out my Halloween Round-Up, where I show you some of the stuff I’ve made and a ginormous collection of other stuff too!

Less than a week to Halloween! #wheredidthetimego

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for sticking with me through the crazy times. I heart all of you!

xo, Dorothy

23 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Liz posted on October 26, 2012 at 7:02 am (#)

Thanks for sharing all your treats Dorothy! Online BlogCon was awesome. Have yourself a fantastic weekend! :)

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Aw, thanks Liz! You too!

2. sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on October 26, 2012 at 7:26 am (#)

LOL you sure have been busy, take it easy Halloween in just a few days away!

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Sigh. Don’t I know it!

3. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on October 26, 2012 at 7:39 am (#)

I can’t believe BlogCon is over already…so much fun reading and commenting. My FB feed is definitely a little more manageable now though! Love all your fun and crazy shares from your week! I’m sticking around no matter what:-)

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Oh, I know the feeling! I’m happy…and sad too. :) Thanks Jocelyn!

4. Bailey @ Bailey Bakes posted on October 26, 2012 at 8:07 am (#)

Yay! I’m glad that you got to learn new stuff through Online BlogCon even though you were hosting it!! It was so much fun. Is your weekend lunch a blogger meetup courtesy of Online BlogCon? If so, I’m super jealous! I didn’t see any Missouri bloggers. Would love to meet up with people in person! Maybe next year :)

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Yes, hopefully next year! It’s great to meet people in person. :)

5. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on October 26, 2012 at 8:24 am (#)

I’m so happy Online BlogCon went great! Your daughter is so wise! lol

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

LOL, in some ways. Thanks!

6. Susan posted on October 26, 2012 at 8:47 am (#)

You’ve been a busy baker this week!

7. Heather @French Press posted on October 26, 2012 at 9:12 am (#)

seriously – FAB conference
    we are all going to ROCK this blog-thing:)

SO VERY EXCITED for lunch tomorrow
    like cannot wait
    giddy

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Thanks Heather! It was so good to finally meet you!

8. Me And My Sweets posted on October 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm (#)

That lookes wonderful!!!

I’m hosting a COOKIE bloghop and I would love you to join! Please check it out at

Cheers!

9. Lisa posted on October 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm (#)

Thanks again and again and again for all the hard work you and Ashton put into the conference. It rocked my socks off. Socks. Off.

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Aw, thanks Lisa! That means a lot! :)

10. Allie posted on October 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm (#)

I am still finishing up the last day of Online BlogCon. So much great information! Thanks for all you hard work putting it together :) I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:53 pm

It was so good to see you Allie! :) I’m glad you could make it!

11. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on October 26, 2012 at 8:40 pm (#)

OBC was the coolest thing ever. I’m planning to be the first one to register next year, too. :-) You and Ashton rocked it, girl!

• crazyforcrust replied on October 27th, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Aw, thanks Ashley! I can’t wait until Austin!

12. Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground posted on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 am (#)

You SURVIVED, Dorothy!!! Not only did you survive, you rocked it out of the house! Nicely done, my friend … nicely done. I mentioned you in a post during all the pre-Online BlogCon craziness, so I left you alone about it then. But NOW I’m going to tell ya to pop on over and check out a treat that totally made me think of you! http://thekitchenismyplayground.blogspot.com/2012/10/4-bite-apple-pies-aka-apple-pie-cookies.html Hope you have a nice restful week this week!!
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

13. TRISHA posted on October 28, 2012 at 10:01 am (#)

amazing really…I don’t know how you do it all!!

14. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on October 28, 2012 at 11:00 am (#)

Awww your cat is so cute :) I can’t believe Halloween is almost here!!!