Sep 14

Whatever Friday

Happy Friday to you, Happy Friday to you, Happy Friday to you dear readers, Happy Friday to you!

I like Fridays. It’s really no different than any other day, but for some reason I usually end up bucking all responsibilities (like cleaning) and going shopping instead.

Pretty soon Friday will be my “Grey’s Anatomy Day”. (The day I watch the newest episode, since my husband loathes anything to do with blood, gore, or medical dramas.)

Is anyone else excited for the new TV season to start? Last year I was too afraid to share my TV lineup spreadsheet.

Maybe this year I’ll suck up my pride and show you how dorky I truly am. We’ll see.

This week I…

1. Announced Online BlogCon 2012! Ashton and I have been planning it for weeks (months, really). It’s an online blog conference – so there is no need to travel, stay in expensive hotel rooms, or get dressed to participate! We’ve got some awesome speakers and fun giveaways planned. Go read more about it and then REGISTER! {We are also looking for sponsors, so if you are interested, please email me and I will send you some information. crazyforcrustblog (at) gmail (dot) com.}

2. I made dessert. OF COURSE I DID.

I gave marshmallows a crust. Did you expect anything less of me?

I made breakfast s’mores…and homemade graham cracker butter.

3. Then I talked to you more about my move to WordPress.

Speaking of WP, have any of you updated to the newest version yet? I’m more than petrified to do it.

4. Jordan had dance class on Tuesday, as per normal. Only this time she “dressed” for it.

5. Awhile ago I bruised my tailbone from, all things, sitting down. (I misjudged the distance to the seat.) Now, ironically, what hurts the most to do? Sit. Soon I’ll be fashioning a laptop carrier from a baby bjorn so that I can blog.

6. I got my hair done yesterday, finally. I always wait too long, because it’s expensive. Then one day I wake up and it really needs it, you know what I mean? Then I have to wait two weeks to get into my stylist. Anyway, now I have sexy hair again. Yay!

7. Jordan started cheer this week. It’s a simple cheer program, through the city, for flag football. They wear simple shorts and t-shirts, and use poms. Expect lots of photographic cuteness.

8. Why a 7-year-old is not mature enough for braces: getting a pokey wire that hooks on the inside of her mouth results in screams the likes of a torture victim and the inevitable trip back to the ortho to clip the wire results in a tantrum the likes of a terrible twoer.

9. Totally random fact about me: my big toes don’t match. This is something I just figured out. (Why it took me so long? I have no idea.) One is angled more than the other, is thinner and more shapely while the regular straight up-and-down toe is fat and ugly. Seriously, I’m not kidding. I tried to capture it in a photo but it didn’t work. It’s like I have fraternal twin toes. How is that even possible?

10. I’ll leave you with a quote from a book I’m reading (Odd Interlude #1 (An Odd Thomas Story) by Dean Koontz; only for e-readers):

“Waiting is one of the things that human beings cannot do well, though it is one of the essential things we must do successfully if we are able to know happiness. We are impatient for the future and try to craft it with our own powers, but the future will come as it comes and will not be hurried. If we are good at waiting, we discover that what we wanted of the future, in our impatience, is no longer what we want, that waiting has brought wisdom.” ~Odd Thomas

I don’t know why, but that quote really resonated with me. Possibly because I have absolutely zero patience and hate to wait. In line at the grocery store, at a red light, for my “big break in blogging”; I am good at none of that waiting. This quote reminds me I need work more at being better with my patience. I thought I’d share. :)

Wow, I got heavy on you for a minute. Dude.

And with that…I’ll leave you to ponder until next week. Have an awesome weekend. Big things coming next week…..

Kisses,

Dot

{Yes, Hayley, that was for you.}

22 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Elaine posted on September 14, 2012 at 4:46 am (#)

Cute hair! Getting mine done today and I couldn’t be more excited. And what a great quote. Definitely writing that one down so I can read it when I feel my patience running low. Have a great weekend! :)

2. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more posted on September 14, 2012 at 5:16 am (#)

LOL I so understand the hair thing, but I keep fighting it, just getting a trim when I really have to, I do the colour myself, once I paid for it to be done and I nearly passed out when they told me the total. Yikes! Have a great weekend.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 14th, 2012 at 6:11 am

Yeah, that chunk of change is not easy to swallow! I was doing it myself until the gray got stubborn and wouldn’t be covered. Now it’s back to highlights for me – blonde and gray are hard to tell apart! :) Have a great weekend!

3. Mary Ellen posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:06 am (#)

Oh goodness I totally understand about the hair. One day you wake up and realize, crap I need to get my hair cut! I go to the beauty school down the street though…. $6 to cut my hair so I don’t mind going whenever.

I’m already on wordpress because I started a couple other blogs there 7 years ago or so. I really like it. I don’t get a lot of the extras I wish I had though. I wish I could figure out the ad thing and structure my buttons… but that would go “off template” and probably why I haven’t figured that out yet either. Sigh. Some day. I got the hubby to make my photography business website so I can’t complain!

Have a great weekend!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I think there is an issue with ads and wordpress.com blogs – I’m not sure if they allow them? Talk to Hayley at The Domestic Rebel – she has wordpress ads now. It’s a new program, I think? Thanks and I hope you had a great weekend!

4. Kristin posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:38 am (#)

Loving the hair! It’s like they put magic in their blowdryers.
    Happy Friday!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I know, huh? It has not looked that good since. :)

5. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:22 am (#)

It was fantastical getting happy hour with you last night! My tummy and my soul needed it. Whoa, deep. Anyway, your hair looks beautiful, you have new sexy shoes, and it’s Friday–does it get any better? Hopefully all of that will make you forget about your lopsided toes. And uh, only babies have perfect feet and then they grow up and get all nasty, so don’t feel bad that yours look funky. I totally have finger toes. It’s gross, and Jessie forces me to do weird agility tricks with them. *sigh* we’re a sexy couple. Love you Dot! <3

6. Ellen posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:28 am (#)

So, I think Friday isn’t like any other day…Nope. It’s always been my favorite day of the week. And, now that I telecommute, even better. ;) And, this patience thing…I’m right there with ya. But, I’ve also found that when you push “life” often times it “pushes” right back and not always in the way we’d hoped. I try, really, really try to embrace as much of the takeitasitcomes mentality. Only so much we have complete control over in this life. Ooops, got all deep on ya. Have a wonderful weekend, Dorothy!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I love deep! Thanks Ellen, I hope you had a fab weekend!

7. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on September 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm (#)

Please share your line up!! :-)

Definitely going to sign up for the conference! Great idea, since I will be a month from popping out baby and wouldn’t be able to travel anywhere.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Maybe I will…I got the spreadsheet all up and done today. LOL!

8. Back For Seconds posted on September 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm (#)

Ouch! Poor tailbone.
    I have a bit of a foot phobia and think all feet (except my babies feet) are gross. But I am dying laughing over you mismatched toes, haha!
    That’s a good quote. Waiting is hard….
    Hope you’re having a great weekend!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Stephanie, you too! I hope your Sunday is going good. :)

9. Erin posted on September 15, 2012 at 9:32 pm (#)

Omg! I totally thought I was the only one who does a TV schedule spreadsheet!!!!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 16th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m not the only one????!!!!! How awesome to know that. :)

10. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on September 16, 2012 at 6:56 pm (#)

I LOVE the ‘do! So pretty! Also? SOOOOO excited about Online BlogCon. Seriously. I’m on the countdown to 10/22!

11. Nicole posted on September 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm (#)

Hey-I just stumbled across your blog and I love almost all your recipes! I switched over to wordpress at the beginning of summer and love it a million times more..it’s just so much more user-friendly I think. They haven’t prompted me to update to a new version yet, but I hate that too..it always scares me! And I thought I’d make you feel a little better…one of my big toes is like half an inch longer than the other one! It’s so weird…some of my shoes are a lot tighter on my right foot because of it. Haha but I guess that’s what makes us human =P And s’mores granola?? With graham. cracker. butter?? I think I just died and went to heaven!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 20th, 2012 at 7:12 am

Thank you! And welcome. Glad to know I’m not alone in my big toe weirdness. :)