Jun 09

Peanut Butter Coconut Spread {Quaker Soft Baked Bars}

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Quaker Oats for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I’m a big advocate of breakfast. I eat it every day. In order for me to get through my workout I need to have something in my stomach.

The problem is, I get bored with my breakfast.  I eat the same thing, every day. (Are you at all surprised?) A bowl of vanilla almond flake cereal and coffee. Every. Day. And then some days I don’t want cereal. And I find my self eating pounds of other food to make up for the fact that I have no idea what to eat.

Sure, I’d love to eat a big breakfast of eggs and bacon (who wouldn’t?) but that just leaves me feeling full and greasy. Not a great workout lead-in.

I love a good bagel and cream cheese, but that usually leads to a crash mid-CORE class, which can have dangerous consquences.

I’ve heard about these Quaker Soft Baked Bars and I’ve always wondered how they tasted. I mean, they are full of fiber and protein and don’t have that many calories. So when the opportunity arose to try them out, I jumped at the chance.

These bars come in two flavors, Banana Nut Bread and Cinnamon Pecan Bread. As soon as I saw the Banana But Bread ones, this spread jumped into my head.

It’s peanut butter. Sweet honey. Cream Cheese (because that adds prtotein!) and, of course, my new favorite, coconut.

Now, ever since last summer, every time I see banana bread I think of peanut butter and Elvis. I can’t help it. I find myself wanting to eat the two together all the time. Memories, I guess. So of course I made a peanut butter spread for the Quaker Soft Baked Bar. Of course I did.

{Also, I cannot do a product review without making somthing. It goes against my core values, methinks.}
The Banana Bread Bars are so good. Like, they taste like banana bread. You can eat them regular, or warmed. So. Yummy.

But with the peanut butter on top? Oh. My.

These are going to go into my breakfast rotation. It’s a wholesome food that’s good for breakfast or snack. And I’m excited because now I don’t just have to eat cereal.

Jordan liked the Cinnamon Pecan Bread ones. I’m excited she liked them because they’re a good breakfast snack or anytime treat that will fill her up. I forsee these as park snacks. Maybe they’ll stem the “I’M STILL HUNGRY” park mantra.

{Or not. This is my child we’re talking about.}

And this dip. It’s got coconut in it. What’s not to love? Totally spoon-worthy, y’all.

Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Coconut Spread

by Crazy for Crust

• 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons honey (more or less, depending on how sweet you want your spread)
  • 1/3 cup toasted coconut
  1. To toast your coconut, place in a small frying pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to brown.
  2. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Spread on Quaker Soft Baked Bars or toast.
Powered by Recipage

Thanks for reading!

I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I’m Lovin’ it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters’ Stuff, and all of these too!

Visit Sponsor's Site

17 Responses to “Peanut Butter Coconut Spread {Quaker Soft Baked Bars}”

1. Susan posted on June 9, 2012 at 6:22 am (#)

You had me at Peanut Butter! I lived on it growing up and still a spoonful is all I need sometimes to satisfy. This spread has all my favorites in it–I’m eating it right now! Thanks (with a mouthful) XOXO

2. Hayley posted on June 9, 2012 at 7:49 am (#)

Yay, you are quickly becoming the queen of awesome dips and spreads. I want this just on a spoon, thanks! But I love the banana nut bars; I would eat them as a snack in a longer class and felt full and all smart-like until lunch. Awesome stuff!!

3. Carrie Burrill posted on June 9, 2012 at 3:13 pm (#)

Seriously this sounds SO good!

4. Back for Seconds posted on June 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm (#)

I love banana bread with peanut butter too! Have to try this soon. Love the addition of coconut, and cream cheese just makes everything better, imo. :)

5. Ambreen posted on June 10, 2012 at 6:49 am (#)

What a delicious spread, all my favorite ingredients. Fantastic!

6. Rosabel posted on June 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm (#)

Definitely gonna try this one! Thanks for sharing! (I think I will replace honey with Maple Syrup though…may give an interesting taste to this recipe :I like to use Organic Maple syrup (from ROUGE maple), which is heathier and tastier). thanks again!

7. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on June 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm (#)

Everytime I visit here, there’s always something new for me to drool and kill my keyboard with! You guys over the pond always get the best things too. We actually have Quaker oats here (don’t faint will you?) but not the banana bars. I’m jealous, I so want to try these puppies smothered with peanut butter, cream cheese, honey and coconut. Mmm, heaven! I’ll just have to be patient and hope they make their way here like Oreos did.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

8. Kristin posted on June 10, 2012 at 4:19 pm (#)

Something about cream cheese, peanut butter, and banana just fits so well! Although, I think those pecan ones sound pretty tasty. I’ve eaten Special K every day for the last 2 1/2 months. I need a change. :)
    You daughter should meet my husband. I usually don’t buy stuff like this because we’d go through 2 boxes a week.

9. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on June 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm (#)

peanut butter + coconut + cream cheese… I think you may have made this recipe just for me Dorothy! Looks insanely delicious. And I’ve had those soft baked bars before, they really are delicious!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on June 10th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Sally, I know. Peanut butter and coconut…I was eating it with a spoon. Even once the bars were gone!

10. web design posted on June 11, 2012 at 7:13 am (#)

This looks yummy and healthy! Imagine, good taste plus full of fiber and protein, what more will you ask for? Thanks for sharing.

11. memory foam posted on June 27, 2012 at 4:05 am (#)

I made some peanut butter cookies and put some coconut in it! Thanks for the inspiration, It tastes good!

12. petit4chocolatier posted on September 1, 2012 at 4:24 am (#)

Love your blog! This looks delicious!