May 12

My Saturday {A Goal Accomplished}

This is why this blog is good for me; it holds me accountable. Back in January I set some goals for 2012. Today I checked off one of those goals.

I ran the Race for the Cure, a 5k.

It was timed, but I have no idea how I did. {It doesn’t really matter.}

It’s a really inspirational race, if you’ve never done it. All that pink really makes you think.

I ran it for my step-mother in-law Mary, who is a survivor. And my friend Jackie, who is currently undergoing treatment and will be a survivor too.

The Finish

And I ran it for someone else, too.

I ran it for me.

Happy Mother’s Day, to myself.

And to all of you too.

Hey, and just for me? Give your ta-ta’s a check tomorrow. It’s just a good thing to do.

xo,

27 Responses to “My Saturday {A Goal Accomplished}”

1. Linda posted on May 12, 2012 at 2:28 pm (#)

That’s wonderful Dorothy. Such a great cause and I respect your goals. I am an Ovarian cancer survivor. Happy Mother’s day. Linda

2. Lisa @ Sweet 2 Eat Baking posted on May 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm (#)

Wow, Dorothy, you ARE awesome. I’m so proud of you for taking part. My ‘future’ mother in law, Angela, is a survivor too. She fought and won against bowel cancer. I can see in my partner just how bad things were, he’s super protective of his mum now.

Happy Mother’s day to you too. Hope you have a fantastic Mothering Sunday.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

3. Crunchy Creamy Sweet posted on May 12, 2012 at 3:25 pm (#)

You go girl! You are such an inspiration! I hope you know this :) Happy Mother’s Day!! Go, Dorothy!!! xoxo

4. Something Swanky posted on May 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm (#)

congrats!!!! I’m SO impressed!

5. Melissa posted on May 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm (#)

Awww. I got teary just thinking about this! I’ve ran Race for the Cure in Louisville and Salt Lake City and the beginning of the race always brings me to tears. I run it for Aunt Randi who didn’t make the survivor list. Thanks so much for getting me excited to do it again…

6. Aimee posted on May 12, 2012 at 4:34 pm (#)

Dorothy, Way to go girl!! So inspirational. Love the “tata” check comment, hehe!

7. Anonymous posted on May 12, 2012 at 6:06 pm (#)

Hi, Dorothy…thanks!!! From the Papa in Law…your thinking of Mary and including her in your “goals” was really thoughtful…So I can say as the husband of a survivor to all the gals that read this….Early detection!!!! It saved Mary’s life….Thanks again and hug Jordan and your old man for me….Love you…Bob

8. Anonymous posted on May 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm (#)

Good for you on a great follow through of your list – Tell Jackie Welcome to the Surviors Club – It is a marvelous sisterhood – Thanks for running for “Us” – The Ladies that have – The Ladies that are and the Ladies that will – But most importantly – Thanks for running for You! — Proud to have a Step-Daughter-In-Law like you !! Love and Hugs – Mary

9. Anonymous posted on May 12, 2012 at 8:40 pm (#)

Oh my gosh! I can barely see thru the tears….Thank you Dorothy! You are so very sweet. Its still so new that hearing someone refer to me is shocking…You are right, I am a survivor!!! have so much love and support from friends like you. Big Hugs! Thanks again so much!
    :o)
    Jackie

10. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious posted on May 13, 2012 at 12:03 am (#)

You’re so awesome, Dorothy!

11. Karen - Trilogy Edibles posted on May 13, 2012 at 8:13 am (#)

Congratulations that rocks!!! Happy Mother’s Day Dorothy!

12. Kristin posted on May 13, 2012 at 10:00 am (#)

What a great way to spend Mother’s Day weekend!
    I love your sneakers. You can’t go wrong with hot pink and black.
    Enjoy your day :)

13. Sue posted on May 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm (#)

Woo Hoo for you Dorothy! Good going for a great cause! My siblings and I, and our children, all participated in the Race for the Cure 16 years ago, on the 10th anniversary of my mom’s death from ovarian cancer(though she survived breast cancer 15 years earlier).
    Happy Mother’s Day!

14. Trish - Sweetology101 posted on May 14, 2012 at 5:47 am (#)

Good for you!! What an exhilarating feeling seeing all those people come together for a great cause. Your softball cookies look so yum and fun. Have a great week.

15. Angi posted on May 14, 2012 at 10:25 am (#)

You are AWESOME! What an amazing accomplishment! I know all those that have lost and won their battle with Breast Cancer appreciate your run for the cure!

Take care and HUGS!

16. Sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on May 15, 2012 at 3:26 am (#)

AMAZING Dorothy!! You are AWESOME. That is such an accomplishment. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day! xoxo :)

17. Debra Kapellakis posted on May 15, 2012 at 3:33 am (#)

BRAVO!

18. foodiebefit.com posted on May 15, 2012 at 9:29 pm (#)

That is great! Congrats! Now be careful, the running bug is a sneaky one ;)

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on May 16th, 2012 at 7:20 am

I know! I want to get back out there but I hurt my back yesterday. :( Totally sucks! Thanks so much for your comment!