This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Cookies stuffed with peanut butter cups are the ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe! Every bite of these soft cookies is a peanut butter cup lover’s dream – there’s nothing boring about them!
Table of Contents
The ULTIMATE Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Stuffing cookies with Reese’s peanut butter cups is a no-brainer in my book. They’re soft, rich, and loaded with peanut butter flavor. I call them the “ultimate,” but a better name is extreme peanut butter cookies!
I’m showing you how to make stuffed peanut butter cup cookies that work perfectly every time!
They are a show-stopper with the soft peanut butter cookie, decadent Reese’s center, and mini chocolate chips on top.
Ingredients in Reese’s Cups Peanut Butter Cookies
- Softened Butter: I always use unsalted butter.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter is my favorite to use – make sure it’s not natural.
- Sugar: Brown sugar for softness and granulated sugar for extra sweetness.
- Eggs: Be sure to buy large eggs.
- Vanilla: Only buy PURE vanilla extract!
- Milk: My secret peanut butter cookie ingredient
- Salt: Adds some depth of flavor to the cookie.
- Baking Soda: Helps with spread and softness.
- All-purpose flour: Be sure to measure it correctly!
- Stuffing: Regular-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – unwrapped, of course!
- Mini chocolate chips for the outside
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Reese’s
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, and both types of sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, milk, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour with the mixer running and mix just until combined.
- Scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough and flatten it in your hand. Place a peanut butter cup on top, and then press the second scoop of dough on top. Roll and smooth the dough around the cup to seal it inside.
- Roll the stuffed cookie dough ball in mini chocolate chips and gently press them onto the dough, so they stick. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place the stuffed cookie dough balls four inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Lightly press them to flatten them a bit.
- Bake the Reese’s peanut butter stuffed cookies until they are lightly golden around the edges and no longer glossy in the center. Cool them on the cookie sheets before removing them.
How to Store and Freeze Cookies
Room temperature: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container. They will keep for three days at room temperature.
Freezer: You can also freeze peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups for up to one month!
- Don’t overmix when you add the flour to make the cookie dough. Add it slowly and mix until the flour is absorbed into the wet ingredients. This will ensure your cookies are soft!
- Use a cookie scoop, so you use the same amount of dough to make each cookie. They will be the same size and will cook evenly.
- It’s best to let the cookies cool completely on the sheets. If you try to remove them sooner, the chocolate chips will smear.
More Stuffed Cookies You Should Try
- Easy Rolo Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
- Extreme Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Ultimate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (402g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups (300g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 ½ cups (434g) all purpose flour
- 24 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups regular size
- 2 cups (270g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat baking mats.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough just comes together.
- Place mini chocolate chips in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop a 2 tablespoon size ball of cookie dough, slightly flatten with your fingers and place a peanut butter cup on top. Add a second 2 tablespoon ball of cookie dough on top and press to seal and roll to a ball. Roll the top of the ball in the mini chocolate chips and press to adhere. Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing 4-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Slightly press to flatten.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until the bottoms start to become light golden and the cookies are no longer glossy in the center.. Cool about 10 minutes and then remove from cookie sheets – being careful when removing them because the chocolate chips will be melty and will smear. For best results, leave on the cookie sheet until they’ve completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
These peanut butter cup cookies are seriously the best! They take peanut butter cookies to a whole new decadent level – Enjoy!
Last Updated on May 20, 2022