This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Peppermint Mocha Recipe makes the perfect treat for the holidays! With only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, a cup of this peppermint schnapps snuggler cocktail is an effortless addition to jolly up your Christmas holiday!
Table of Contents
Boozy Peppermint Mocha Recipe
If you never had a snuggler before, it is hot chocolate with a spike of peppermint schnapps, basically Christmas in a glass. It combines the classic holiday flavors of chocolate and peppermint plus coffee and or schnapps.
This holiday drink can also be for kids to enjoy! Served plain as a hot chocolate and my favorite peppermint coffee creamer. Either version of this peppermint mocha recipe can be topped with marshmallows or whipped cream to enjoy with a Christmas movie!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Combines the classic Christmas flavors of chocolate and peppermint to get you in the holiday spirit!
- I replaced this traditional recipe’s milk with peppermint mocha coffee creamer making this a unique crockpot hot cocoa cup!
- Can be enjoyed by both kids and adults! The boozy peppermint mocha for adults or the kid-friendly version, a hot chocolate with my favorite peppermint mocha coffee creamer.
Ingredients in Crockpot Peppermint Mocha
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 can that’s 14 ounces (weight)
- Chocolate Chips: I used a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips, about 2 cups
- Coffee Creamer: I love International Delight Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer but you can use any flavor or brand.
- Milk: nonfat, whole, 2%, nondairy, or a combination of any of them
- Vanilla: For flavoring
- Whipped cream
- Instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- Peppermint schnapps
- Candy cane pieces
How to make Peppermint Mochas at home
- To make this peppermint mocha recipe: add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coffee creamer, milk, and vanilla to a 5-7 quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes (whisking if necessary to make sure to mix up the chocolate as it melts) until it’s hot and it is all melted.
- Serve warm plain, or with the following options.
- Add one or both of the following: add 1-2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder or 1 packet of instant coffee per 8-10 ounces of hot chocolate and/ or add 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps (to taste) to your serving of cocoa.
This homemade peppermint mocha recipe can be made for adults as a spiked peppermint mocha or simply for kids served plain with marshmallows.
- For adults: add peppermint schnapps and/ or espresso for the perfect snuggler cocktail.
- Instead of the peppermint mocha coffee creamer, you can use alternative milk and add in peppermint chocolate flavoring like chocolate peppermint syrup or extract.
- For kids: serve plain and top with whipped cream and marshmallows to enjoy as a peppermint hot chocolate.
In any sealed jar. It is good for up to 3 days when refrigerated.
Instead of the peppermint mocha coffee creamer, you can use alternative milk like almond milk, and add peppermint chocolate flavor with peppermint and chocolate syrup.
Add all the ingredients to the crockpot. Cover and cook on high. Stir every 30 minutes until the chocolate is hot and fully melted.
Have you made this recipe
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below
Slow Cooker Peppermint Mocha Snugglers
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips, about 2 cups
- 2 cups International Delight Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Candy Cane pieces
- Add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coffee creamer, milk, and vanilla to a 5-7 quart slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes (whisking if necessary to make sure to mix up the chocolate as it melts) until it’s hot and the chocolate is all melted. Serve warm plain, or with the following options.
- For kids: top with whipped cream and/or marshmallows.
- For adults, do one or both of the following: add 1-2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder or 1 packet instant coffee per 8-10 ounces of hot chocolate and/or add 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps (to taste) to your serving of cocoa.
- Milk: you can use nonfat, whole, 2%, 1%, nondairy or a combination of any of them
- Coffee Creamer: Use any brand, any flavor
- Don’t want to use coffee creamer? Instead add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (more to taste) or use peppermint coffee syrup.
Peppermint Snugglers are an easy hot chocolate with peppermint flavor – for kids or for adults with peppermint schnapps. Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas take all the work out – make them in a crockpot!
Last Updated on December 18, 2022
What kind of chocolate chips do you use.. thanks
I personally love Trader Joe’s but you can use any brand, milk or semi-sweet.
I’m curious as to how strong the peppermint flavor is. I’ve been trying to recreate something similar but find when I add coffee the peppermint flavor seems to all but disappear. I’ve found that the peppermint candies don’t seem as strong either.
You can always add a bit of peppermint extract! Just a drop or two – it’s strong stuff.
Thank you. I will give that a try.
Holy cow! What an incredible drink for the entire holiday season!!! Must buy more creamer for sure!!!
I love your stories. Tomorrow I am trying these snowballs. When I was little—70 years ago. Maybe 60. My mom made snowballs but they had maraschino cherries inside of a shortbread cookies. Yum
What a great idea!
I love that this can be made in the slow cooker – and I’m totally okay with ALL THE CHRISTMAS THINGS once Halloween is over 🙂 also, love their creamers!
Such a mouth-watering drink! I would love this so much!
Who could resist a fun drink like this?! I want a snuggler!