This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are a spin on my best recipe! They are soft, chewy, and loaded with almond flavor, nuts and M&M Almond chocolate candies. These won’t last long, I promise!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Chip Cookies with ALMOND!
One of my most favorite things to do is take my best basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and spin it into something brand new. Case in point: these Almond chocolate chip cookies!
Why you’ll LOVE these:
- They’re soft and chewy and packed with Almond M&Ms and chopped almonds! You know I don’t choose favorites – I love all of my cookie recipes equally – but these are really, really great.
- Like my easy chocolate chip cookies, they’re a one-bowl cookie recipe. To get the best soft and chewy texture, I chill the dough. Believe me – it’s worth the wait.
- There are M&Ms inside the cookies, and I always add a few on top, so everyone knows what’s in them. Oh, and if you’re not a fan of almonds, you can use your favorite M&Ms and other chopped nuts instead.
I love a classic chocolate chip cookie, but M&M chocolate chip cookies are always a fun treat! The candy adds color texture, and it’s always fun to switch things up.
Ingredients in Almond Cookies
Butter: My best recipe always starts with melted unsalted butter. If using salted butter reduce salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
Sugar: Using both granulated sugar and brown sugar adds flavor and keeps the cookies soft.
Large egg: Be sure to buy the correct size!
Vanilla extract: Always buy pure vanilla.
Almond extract: Adds a hint of extra flavor!
Baking Soda: Just 1/2 teaspoon is perfect.
Salt: For flavor
All-purpose flour: Be sure to measure it correctly!
Almond M&Ms and Sliced almonds: for even more almond goodness!
How to Make Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix until smooth, and then add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt, and then slowly add the flour. Mix just until the dough comes together and is smooth.
- Slowly mix in the almonds and M&Ms.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a baking mat. Scoop two tablespoons of dough to form each cookie dough ball. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and cover the pan with plastic wrap. Chill the dough balls for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Transfer the cold dough to the new sheet pan and space them two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden and the tops are no longer glossy.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for ten minutes before removing them.
Yes, you can use almond extract in chocolate chip cookies. It’s an easy way to add flavor!
You can, but it will be harder to scoop after it’s chilled.
Did you chill the dough for at least an hour? The chilling step allows the butter to firm up so your cookies won’t spread too much when you bake them. Don’t forget to chill the dough for the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Yes, feel free to use your favorite M&Ms and swap the almonds for other nuts.
If you love almond M&Ms, these are the best cookies to make! Every bite of these almond chocolate chip cookies is loaded with chocolate and nuts. I hope you give them a try and love them as much as I do.
More Chocolate Chip Mashup Cookies Recipes
- Mint Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Birthday Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (66g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (104g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon 5ml vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Almond M&Ms plus more for topping
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Place melted butter in a large bowl Add granulated and brown sugars and mix until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir in in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Slowly mix in almonds and M&Ms.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best easy chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe full of almonds, almond extract and almond M&Ms for a new flavor cookie recipe!
Last Updated on February 8, 2022
Randomly wanted to bake something tonight, so I googled “M&M Almond Cookies” and your link was at the top. So happy I clicked on it because I have ALL the things needed and they look AMAZING! Cannot wait to make them.
Wow! Thanks. I hope you enjoy them. Revisiting this post makes me want cookies. Badly. 🙂 Thanks for visiting!
Thanks! I’m sure the kids will love them. I’ve never met a kid that didn’t like M&Ms! I’ll check out your linky, thanks for the invite!
These are such fun. I want to make these for my class of ten year olds. They will love them. Thanks for sharing them. How about sharing them a little more and linking them to my new linky, Bake with Bizzy.