May 21

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies

Have you ever had muddy buddies?

{If you said “no”…why the heck not????}

They’re probably the most addictive snack in the world. More than popcorn, chips, and peanut butter cups combined. No joke.

These Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies are no exception. I can eat an entire batch in one day. By myself.
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies - peanut butter and cinnamon make the perfect snack!

I wish the IRS would understand and accept that gym memberships and personal training were business expenses. I mean, look at what I do for a living.

Working out is not an option, it’s a requirement.

I’ve been working with a trainer at my local gym for several months now. My body can now do things I never thought it could, like sweat in all sorts of weird places. Did you know that your bare arm can drip sweat? #whoknew

Recently my trainer started his own business and I now workout at his gym, which is at his house. He even has a spin bike I can go early and warm up on. It’s weird walking into someone’s garage and getting on their spin bike, then helping yourself to their foam roller…when no one is in the room. I suppose I’ll get used to it.

I think I even like the spin bike. But we’re not going to tell my trainer that. If he knew, he’d make me do that hover thing for another two minutes.

I didn’t like that.

He would not approve of these peanut butter snickerdoodle muddy buddies.

I’ll let him believe I had one bite and then gave them away. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him, right?

You’re on the peanut butter + cinnamon train right? After the snickerdoodles and the crescent rolls?

Best. Combo. Ever.

Anyway, these muddy buddies are like crack. Chex is bathed in a white chocolate/peanut butter mixture that’s been swirled with ground cinnamon. Then you shake them in powdered sugar and let them dry.

Then you shake them again (the patented – not really – “Double Shake”). It’s not mandatory, but makes for a really coated muddy buddy. And pretty pictures!

Seriously addicting. No words other than MAKE THEM.

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies

• 8 cups Chex Cereal (I used Rice Chex but you can use your favorite)
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Place your Chex cereal in a very large bowl. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat (for easy clean up). Place 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar in a large gallon size ziploc bag and set aside.
  2. Place white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Chex cereal and stir to coat. You might need to use your hands for this.
  3. Place coated cereal in the powdered sugar bag. Seal tightly and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar. Spread on a cookie sheet and let harden.
  4. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
  5. Tip: before serving or giving away, I like to re-shake the muddy buddies in another coat of powdered sugar so they are very white. Place 1/2 cup powdered sugar in the airtight container with the muddy buddies, seal, and shake. This is an optional step.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Muddy Buddies

Peanut Butter Pretzel Muddy Buddies (4 of 5)w

Cinnamon Roll Muddy Buddies

Cinnamon-Roll-Muddy-Buddies04w

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles (1 of 6)w

Peanut Butter Popcorn

Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Popcorn 2

Banana Cream Pie Muddy Buddies by I Wash You Dry
Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies by Something Swanky
Pistachio Muddy Buddies by High Heels & Grills

33 Responses to “Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies”

1. Mir posted on May 21, 2014 at 3:10 am (#)

You know, on the surface, working out in some guy’s garage sounds a bit sketchy. But I’m sure it’s not at all weird. :)
    Don’t tell him about these for sure, though! He wouldn’t understand balance. You know, spin and then have muddy buddies for breakfast. That’s balance!

2. Chloe @ foodlikecake posted on May 21, 2014 at 3:29 am (#)

I love muddy buddies- these look so good!

3. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on May 21, 2014 at 5:41 am (#)

I would probably feel a little strange walking into some guy’s garage too, but I’m sure you’ll get used to it! And oh my gosh, I am DROOLING over here! Muddy buddies are my favorite, and so are peanut butter and snickerdoodles. But combining them?! Genius! I must try this recipe, and soon!

4. Melanie @ Carmel Moments posted on May 21, 2014 at 5:53 am (#)

Yeah mean to tell that I get to enjoy the deliciousness of both worlds?! So fab! Me and muddy buddies can not be separated though. It’s definitely a problem I’m working on. :)
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Dorothy!

6. Renee @ Two in the Kitchen posted on May 21, 2014 at 7:16 am (#)

Can you believe that I have never made Muddy Buddies before!! ?! I am going to have to fix that problem because these look fantastic! Peanut Butter and Cinnamon together sound Fab!!!! :)

7. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 21, 2014 at 9:06 am (#)

Hello crazy addictive stuff! I can only imagine how this stuff is just dangerous! :) The PB, the snickerdoodle taste, mmm! pinned

8. Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods posted on May 21, 2014 at 9:24 am (#)

I’m totally with you…you should be able to claim a gym membership. You just wrote about it, so it’s related, right? :D
    These muddy buddies sound yummy! You’ve combined two of my favorites…great thinking!

9. How to Philosophize with Cake posted on May 21, 2014 at 12:05 pm (#)

Mmmm, I could go for a handful of that right now! :) Love the combination of snickerdoodle + peanut butter…I bet that would be amazing in cookie form.

10. Shaina posted on May 21, 2014 at 2:51 pm (#)

Ummm yes please, I want a whole bag full of this! LOVE this flavor combo

11. Liz posted on May 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm (#)

Here you go again, making my mouth water!!! It was SO great to see you over the weekend! Next time, I hope we get more of a chance to chat…those late nights had me so frazzled :/

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Oh me too. I felt so out of it the entire time! Like I want to talk to her. And her. And her! It was chaos.

12. Kathleen posted on May 21, 2014 at 4:53 pm (#)

These look super deliciously addictive!

13. Stephanie @ Back For Seconds posted on May 21, 2014 at 5:32 pm (#)

Mmmm, I love muddy buddies of all kinds. I do not discriminate ;) These look awesome!

14. Crystal posted on May 21, 2014 at 7:00 pm (#)

OMG!! Love, love, love muddy buddies!! I’ve never had this recipe, but I’m going to try it soon. I love white chocolate chips with peanut butter too!! So delicious!! I promise i won’t tell your trainer. I’ve been on vacation for a week and half, but now I have to go back to exercising…ugh :(

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 22nd, 2014 at 6:19 am

Oh, that’s the worst. Then you’re like, I only took a week off. Why am I so sore???

15. Wendy posted on May 21, 2014 at 8:18 pm (#)

Muddy buddies are great for long car trips. The bag never lasts long. You just have to remember wipes or napkins for powdered sugar fingers! :) Peanut butter and cinnamon and white chocolate?!? Sounds great!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 22nd, 2014 at 6:18 am

OMG I know. My daughter was eating them and I was all DON’T SIT ON THE COUCH!

16. amanda @ fake ginger posted on May 21, 2014 at 9:01 pm (#)

It’s 10 pm and I am now dying for muddy buddies. This sounds SOOOO good.

17. Layla @ Brunch Time Baker posted on May 21, 2014 at 9:57 pm (#)

omg I love this version of muddy buddies! YUM :D

18. Jess @ Sweet Menu posted on May 22, 2014 at 12:51 am (#)

Looks like the best snack ever! Need to try these highly touted ‘muddy buddies!’

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 22nd, 2014 at 6:17 am

You totally do. They’re so good!

19. Mary Frances posted on May 22, 2014 at 1:24 pm (#)

I know right? It IS a requirement, I mean, think about the quality control involved! It has got to rewarding finding some sort of exercise you enjoy though, that’s most of the battle. And then the other part is taking your hand out of the bowl of puppy chow and walking away. (I don’t think I’ll ever master that and I’m ok with that. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 22nd, 2014 at 1:39 pm

If only I could master that one, I’d be golden. #itllneverhappen

20. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on May 22, 2014 at 3:22 pm (#)

Amen girl!! I really, really wish that exercise equipment, gym memberships (not that I can afford one right now…), and new running shoes could be counted as business expenses. Or at least partial tax write-offs. Or something. When you bake for a living, it’s in everyone’s best health interests! Hmm, wonder if we can get some of the FDA My Plate people to get on our side… Or just give everyone your awesome muddy buddies and see if that changes their minds. ;)

21. Kristyn posted on May 26, 2014 at 8:32 am (#)

I absolutely LOVE muddy buddies – can’t wait to try this!

22. Jocelyn@Brucrewlife posted on May 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm (#)

Haha, I know exactly what you mean… Sweating in every nook and cranny while working out is so not fun. But at least we know it’s working, right?! And these muddy buddies, I would eat them all too!!

23. Tori Green posted on June 6, 2014 at 1:25 am (#)

Looks absolutely delish! It even sound insanely delicious. Just make sure you burn them out on that spin bike. Cheers!

24. Pingback: 18 Delicious Recipes Involving Peanut Butter - OMG Cute Things

25. Pingback: 18 Delicious Recipes Involving Peanut Butter | blaz

26. Pingback: Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow) - Chew Out Loud