Jul 18

46 Sweet and Savory Zucchini Ideas

46 Sweet and Savory Zucchini Recipes from crazyforcrust.com & friends

If your garden is anything like mine, you’re buried alive in zucchini. It’s been going in every single meal we’ve eaten (dinner and dessert) for quite awhile now. Because I’m getting tired eating it plain, I thought I’d compile a list of recipes for you! Here are 46 Sweet and Savory Zucchini Recipes…

**Please click through to pin directly from the source. Thank you!**

Zucchini Cake Roll

Garlic Buttered Chicken and Zucchini Pizza by Sweet Treats and More

Zucchini Ribbons by My San Francisco Kitchen
Baked Zucchini Chips by Vittles and Bits
Grilled Artichoke Pesto Zucchini Bites by Fifteen Spatulas

Zucchini Bites by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
Light Zucchini Hummus by The Culinary Life
Zucchini Parmesan Frittata {Low Carb & Gluten Free} by All Day I Dream About Food

Roasted Zucchini and Goat Cheese by The Tomato Tart
Ziti and Zucchini with Lime and Herbs by Katie’s Cucina
Zucchini Tomato Gratin by Karen’s Kitchen Stories

Gluten Free Zucchini Tater Tots by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
Chicken and Zucchini Meatballs by Supper for a Steal

I think my zucchini plant is just about done. I can’t say I’m sorry…but I still have more zucchini ideas to share with you! How do you like to cook/bake your zucchini?

66 Responses to “46 Sweet and Savory Zucchini Ideas”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on July 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm (#)

Thanks for linking up my Banana Zucchini Pudding Cake with Vanilla Brown Butter Glaze in your roundup! Glad you found that one. I loooooove that cake. People don’t really get on board with zucc so much, so I love this post that you’re featuring all these recipes to get people thinking!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:20 am

I neeed that cake! Thanks Averie!

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on July 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm (#)

Thanks for including me. LOVE the look of this roundup Dorothy. May have to try this way….

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am

Thanks Aimee!

3. Kate@Diethood posted on July 18, 2013 at 5:53 pm (#)

This could not have come at a better time… zucchini are coming out of my ears! Thanks SO much for sharing my Zucchini Banana Cake!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am

You’re welcome! Thanks Kate!

4. Laura posted on July 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm (#)

Thanks for the shout out! Love the round up–I LOVE zucchini. it is endlessly flexible. Thanks for doing this!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am

You’re welcome, and thanks Laura!

5. Heather @ French Press posted on July 18, 2013 at 6:25 pm (#)

we are just now getting rips ones -what a great collection to use them up.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am

Enjoy! Thanks Heather!

6. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:14 pm (#)

Oh wow, this is going to be helpful this month! Thanks for including my cupcakes!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am

You’re welcome Cathy! Thank you!

7. Amy @Very Culinary posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm (#)

Thanks for including me, Dorothy! That’s some awesome round-up…be still my ever lovin’ zucchini heart!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am

Thanks Amy! I’m so tired of zucchini, lol.

8. Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm (#)

Great roundup! I’m trying to decide how to prepare a couple zucchini I bought for tomorrow night. I’m sure ill find something here. Thanks for including my tots!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:17 am

You’re welcome Brianne, thank you!

9. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm (#)

Thanks for including me Dorothy! All these recipes look amazing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Thanks Trish!

10. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:43 pm (#)

I never realized baking and cooking with Zucchini was so popular! I’ve never been a fan of Zucchini in the past (even though I’ve only had it once) but I’d be willing to try it again if it was in one of these recipes!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:17 am

In baking, you don’t even taste it. It’s a great way to start! :)

11. Tieghan posted on July 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm (#)

So many amazing recipes!! I am drooling over them all!! Zucchini is an awesome veggie with endless options. Sweet and savory!!
    Thanks so much for linking my zucchini buns!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Thanks Tieghan, and you’re welcome!

12. Mindy posted on July 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm (#)

It’s definitely a popular food this month. I just posted stuffed zucchini tonight and I’ve got a layered zucchini cake in the fridge, ready for cream cheese frosting, as I type. I made and posted a Caprese Zucchini recipe last year that was AMAZING. I’m bustin’ it out again next week.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Mmmm, that cake sounds amazing! Thanks Rindy!

13. Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life posted on July 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm (#)

I hear you about the zucchini — this was the first year that we did not plant and I am missing it (well, somewhat!). Thanks for all the amazing recipes!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Thanks Sheila!

14. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on July 18, 2013 at 8:44 pm (#)

Such a great idea for a collection! I love zucchini and want to try like half of those recipes now! Thank you for including my muffins!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:11 am

You’re welcome Lyuba! Thank you!

15. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes posted on July 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm (#)

All such great ideas!! But the zucchini cake roll really caught my eye :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Thank you Ashley! :)

16. Stephanie posted on July 19, 2013 at 12:40 am (#)

Thanks so much for including me! I passed the link around. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Thank you Stephanie!

17. Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com posted on July 19, 2013 at 12:43 am (#)

Great list! I am not a zucchini fan in anything but desserts (healthy, right?) so I’ll be scoping some of these zucchini sweets for sure!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Totally healthy. Vegetables in dessert make them acceptable. :) Thanks Elizabeth!

18. Jamie @lifelovelemons posted on July 19, 2013 at 5:19 am (#)

love cooking and baking with zucchini… thank you for the inspiration!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:07 am

Thanks Jamie!

19. katie posted on July 19, 2013 at 5:33 am (#)

Oh all these zucchini recipes look amazing! Thanks for including my pasta in the round-up!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:06 am

You’re welcome! Thanks Katie!

20. tanya posted on July 19, 2013 at 5:43 am (#)

Zucchini never looked so good! Thanks for sharing my bread Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:06 am

You’re welcome, thanks Tanya!

21. Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life posted on July 19, 2013 at 5:57 am (#)

I love zucchini in breads and there are a bunch of fun recipes here! Thanks, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Thanks Mary Frances!

22. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on July 19, 2013 at 7:53 am (#)

I’ve been needing some new ideas for how to use zucchini! Thanks for the mention!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:05 am

You’re welcome, thanks Jessica!

23. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on July 19, 2013 at 8:13 am (#)

What a fun round-up! I love the combo of sweet and savory dishes :) Zucchini is my favorite summer squash!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:05 am

Thanks Jennifer!

24. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted on July 19, 2013 at 11:11 am (#)

Thank you for linking to my stuffed zucchini! Zucchini is one of my favorite summer veggies so I’m loving all of these awesome ideas!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Kiersten!

25. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on July 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm (#)

Great roundup! You’re making me see zucchini in a totally different way! :) You are the zucchini queen!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:28 pm

LOL, thanks Lindsay!

26. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on July 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm (#)

Well, if you’re crazy for crust then I’m crazy for zucchini! We LOVE it in this house, but strangely, I’ve never added it to baked goods. That’s gotta change with these amazing recipes!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Definitely! It’s such a versatile ingredient!

27. Jackie posted on July 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm (#)

so impressive Dorothy!

28. Amy posted on July 19, 2013 at 6:36 pm (#)

I still think that a classic plain zucchini bread is one of my favorites! But your zucchini cake roll with chocolate cream cheese frosting… That just might change my mind. ;) Do you have any ideas of what to plant next year to balance out the zucchini?

29. Judit + Corina @WineDineDaily posted on July 19, 2013 at 8:07 pm (#)

We both love zucchini and usually enjoyed it in savory dishes and now you inspired us with all these fabulous recipes!
    The Chocolate Zucchini Cake and Zucchini Brownies sound very interesting….
    J+C

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Thank you Judit and Corina!

30. Pingback: Things I am going Crazy for this Week. - Half Baked Harvest

31. Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories posted on July 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm (#)

Wonderful round up Dorothy! What a perfect collection of sweet and savory solutions for all of the zucchini available now.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Karen!

32. Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life posted on July 20, 2013 at 10:22 pm (#)

Thanks for adding my Chocolate Zucchini Donuts to your great list here!! Everything looks so dang good!! ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Jocelyn!

33. Nessa posted on July 23, 2013 at 4:06 pm (#)

These all look like perfection!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Thanks Nessa!

35. Pingback: CSA Week 12 | Nutrition.Health.Life.

36. Marianne OReilly posted on February 20, 2014 at 5:27 pm (#)

Thanks these were all really great I coppied manny of them. Thanks again.