Apr 06

Reese’s Basketball Dip #snackmadness

If you need a sweet treat for a basketball party, this dip is the one for you! A sweet peanut buttery dip made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups AND Reese’s Pieces, this Reese’s Basketball Dip will wow your friends and family!

Reeses-Basketball-Dip07-1words

I’m not a huge basketball person, but it was always my favorite sport to play in high school gym. Why? I have no idea. It involved running, balls, and sweating, three things I’m deathly afraid of and would prefer to avoid at all costs. But every rainy day I looked forward to the basketball time. Maybe because I was good at playing HORSE?

We all know I’m not a huge fan of watching sports – but I am a huge fan of throwing a party. Give me a theme and I’ll run with it! When I got the opportunity through my work with Collective Bias to throw a party for the college basketball tournaments that are on right now, I was excited. I mean, it’s a reason to get all cutesy with food!

Basketball-Party-Table-1w

I shopped for my party staples at Walgreens. They have everything you need for a Grab and Go party. Stop on your way home from work and you’ll have everything you need! You can check out my shopping experience in my Google+ album. Jordan helped with the shopping, something she took very seriously!

Basketball-Party-Table3

Soda is a must at a party, if you ask me. I’ve loved Coke Zero since it first came out. It doesn’t taste like diet soda, which is a huge deal for me. Fake taste = YUCK. Coke Zero has none of that fake taste, so I stocked up on some for our basketball party!

Basketball-Party-Table-collage

Since Jordan was with me on my shopping trip, we came home with Doritos and Cheddar Chex Mix. We could both eat our weight in those! Walgreens also has an ample frozen food section – pizzas and even frozen appetizers like mozarella sticks.

Jordan didn’t know what a mozzarella stick was. Poor girl is sheltered. I remember mozarella sticks fondly from my college days living at eating at TGIFridays. Remember those, anyone?

Basketball-Table-Ideas4

And well, Reese’s Candy. The star of my party, if you ask me. Peanut butter + Chocolate = the BEST COMBO EVER! As soon as I knew Reese’s was part of this campaign, I knew exactly what I was going to make.

Reeses-Basketball-Dip09-2words

A few years ago I made a Peanut Butter Football Dip that is still my most viewed recipe. I’ve been wanting to do another shaped dip forever and this was the perfect opportunity!

This dip is made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. No, seriously! I ground up the cups and mixed them with cream cheese, a little peanut butter, and powdered sugar for binding. It came together quick and is like eating a huge peanut butter cup. To. Die. For.

And then, because that’s not good enough, I used the orange and brown Reese’s Pieces to make the dip look like a basketball. Cuteness Factor: 500%

Seriously, a Reese’s Basketball Dip. You want this in your life, trust me.

BBpartycollage

The kids loved the snacks. The men loved the sports. It’s kind of how a usual party goes, right? I say food, they all come running!

Reeses-Basketball-Dip12-3words

But we all loved the dip. How could you not?

Reese’s Basketball Dip #snackmadness

15 minutes

Yield: 12 servings

Reese’s Basketball Dip #snackmadness

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups join forces with Reese's Pieces to create the worlds yummiest basketball!

• Reese’s Basketball Dip
  • 10 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
  • 4 ounces low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • Up to 1 tablespoon milk
  • About 6 ounces Reese’s Pieces (orange and brown only)

1. Finely chop Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in a food processor. Add to a medium bowl along with the cream cheese and peanut butter. Mix with a hand mixer until completely combined. Beat in the powdered sugar. Add milk, a little bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. (To make the basketball, the dip needs to be medium thick. If you use low-fat or regular cream cheese, you will need less milk.)
  2. Scoop your dip onto a serving plate. Spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid sticking, and form the dip into a round basketball shape.
  3. Separate the orange and brown Reese’s Pieces from your package. Cover the dip in the orange, and use the brown for the stripes on the ball. Store in refrigerator, bring to room temperature before serving.

If you need any last minute things for your basketball gatherings this week, stop by Walgreens. They have everything you need to Grab and Go!

Connect with Walgreens: WEBSITE // TWITTER // FACEBOOK

What’s your favorite party food?

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and Walgreens. #cbias #SocialFabric” All opinions are 100% my own.

60 Responses to “Reese’s Basketball Dip #snackmadness”

1. tanya posted on April 6, 2013 at 5:51 am (#)

Sort of jealous I wasn’t invited to the party! I would’ve left with the peanut butter dip!

2. Tieghan posted on April 6, 2013 at 6:18 am (#)

What a cue party! Your kids must of had a BALL!

3. Cindy Harris posted on April 6, 2013 at 7:02 am (#)

Since I love anything Peanut Butter I’m sure this would be amazing. Looks like a good time was had by all.

4. Veronica posted on April 6, 2013 at 7:32 am (#)

How cute is this dip?! On top of tasting absolutely amazing I’m sure!!

5. Susan posted on April 6, 2013 at 7:58 am (#)

I’d have to pass on the Coke Zero…I had a terrible reaction to it when I was in Tokyo and couldn’t find Diet Coke! However, the dip looks yummy and anything with Reece’s involved, I’m for!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 6th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Oh no!! How horrible! But the Reese’s are a good trade off! :)

7. Kelly @ HIdden Fruits and Veggies posted on April 6, 2013 at 9:02 am (#)

I’m pretty certain the magic word is “peanutbutter”… throw in cream cheese, and I think I’m basically obligated to try this out. Thanks for the recipe, sounds sosososo tasty!

8. Nancy @ gottagetbaked posted on April 6, 2013 at 9:54 am (#)

This is amazeballs! I wish I were at this party – I’m ashamed to say I would’ve pushed the kiddies aside to hog this dip all to myself. The basketball design on the dip is super cute.

9. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on April 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm (#)

I am coming over and high jacking that dip! Holy cow does it sound awesome!!! That is a genius idea to grind up the pb cups and add in the dip! I could eat that entire basketball!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 6th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

It goes down easy too…I can vouch for that! :) Thanks Jocelyn!

10. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com posted on April 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm (#)

This is not a dip, this is a piece of art! It’s so nicely decorated!

11. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on April 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm (#)

I want to shove my face in that basketball. No. For real.

12. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on April 6, 2013 at 3:32 pm (#)

Ahhhhh soooooooooo yummy! And such a fun looking lil party!

13. Julie posted on April 6, 2013 at 6:18 pm (#)

I love the addition of pretzels! Pretzels, chocolate and peanut butter are one if my favorite sweet treat combinations!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:41 pm

They are my favorite dippers!

14. Shiloh Barkley posted on April 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm (#)

Why oh why does my sweetie not love peanut butter like I do? I’ll have to make this anyway. Awesome job on the decor!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:41 pm

More for you!! :) Thanks Shiloh!

15. michelle posted on April 7, 2013 at 6:09 am (#)

fun stuff D! looks like everyone had an awesome time!

16. Kate@Diethood posted on April 7, 2013 at 7:44 am (#)

HA! This is GENIUS!!! And very creative! I think I need to stop at Walgreens today!

17. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:58 am (#)

You are so creative Dorothy! Love the basketball shaped dip.

18. Kristin posted on April 7, 2013 at 9:07 am (#)

That looks heavenly!

We like Coke zero too. If I’m going to buy soda, that’s what we get.

I love drug stores…I try to stay out though. Our WG is right next to Target. Bad combination.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Totally bad! I’d spend money like it grew on trees in that situation…

19. jackie posted on April 7, 2013 at 11:41 am (#)

so cute and sounds fantastic!

20. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on April 7, 2013 at 11:50 am (#)

What a slam dunk! Love this idea Dorothy! Pinning!

21. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen posted on April 7, 2013 at 6:59 pm (#)

I’m not normally that into March Madness, but being a Michigander, I’m a little excited :)

This looks insanely awesome :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:15 am

I’m really just in it for the food… :) Thanks Loretta!

22. Rachel @ I Love My Disorganized Life posted on April 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm (#)

OH my gosh this looks SO good, Dorothy! Seriously, this is needed for my “cheat” day this week! Big PB and Chocolate lovers in this household!

23. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:27 pm (#)

Ohmygosh, this is a brilliant idea, Dorothy! I wish I would have spotted your post before my Final Four party last night…unfortunately my team lost, so b-ball season is over for us here this year. But I’m definitely making this next year! Love it!!

24. Whitney @RambleSAHM posted on April 8, 2013 at 11:22 am (#)

Oh this looks good and what fun for a basketball party! Thanks for the recipe!

25. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on April 9, 2013 at 8:07 am (#)

Adore this!! I want to eat it right up!

26. Pingback: Reese's Cup Poke Cake - Something Swanky

27. Pingback: Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats - Shugary Sweets

28. Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake posted on April 10, 2013 at 6:30 pm (#)

This is so incredibly cute and looks so delicious!! Such a creative idea for a bball party!:)

29. Pingback: 50+ Amazing Reese’s Recipes

30. Mary. posted on May 2, 2013 at 5:24 am (#)

Yesss! And with the NBA® playoffs in full swing, this dip will be the ultamate centerpiece! Growing up in chicago, I know which (professional) team I love. Hope they make it #7, this year. And this recipe, will be a sure fire “Slam-Dunk”! ;-)

31. Pingback: 100 Ways to Eat a Reese's - Something Swanky

32. Ben posted on August 26, 2013 at 4:50 pm (#)

I want to try this! I love reeses…and basketball! This is one of the most beautiful sweets I’ve ever seen!

33. Pingback: Miami Heat Basketball Tipoff