Apr 07

Milky Way Brownie Bites

Milky Way Brownie Bites are totally addicting! A Milky Way copy cat is set upon a brownie bite – perfect for your chocolate fix!

Milky-Way-Brownie-Bites

We are planning a trip to Disneyland this summer. We’re super excited, since we haven’t been in awhile. Going in summer is going to be slightly better than having a root canal, but whatever. It’s the happiest place on earth, right?

Even though we aren’t going for just over two months, we’re almost at that magical 60-day mark. You know, the deadline where you have to get up super early and be on the phone to make dining reservations? So that you can pay $35 for a pancake?

Over the next two months I’ll be making grid charts and spreadsheets so that we can maximize our time in each park during the busiest season. I’ll probably make a touring plan for when we get each fastpass and when we’re allowed to pee. And then we’ll get in the park, they’ll roll back the red ribbon and it’ll all go out the window.

I’ll also be spending ample time over at AllEars.net scouring the kid menus for where we can eat. When I was a kid there was a McDonald’s in Fantasyland. Now I have to pack a lunch or plan to be in just the right place at hunger time or my head explodes as I try to find something for my picky child to eat. Did you know that you cannot get a basic, simple grilled cheese sandwich anywhere in the park? You have to go to Downtown Disney for that.

One thing I know I’ll get without any trouble is dessert. I, personally, plan to hit up the candy store, bakery, Carnation, and the ice cream parlor. And that’s just Main St. Come July I’ll be making tons of copycat recipes, methinks.

Speaking of copycat recipes, I’m kind of in love with them right now. I love making my own treats at home that taste like the real thing. I’ve got a few ideas in my head, and today I’m sharing the first of them with you: Milky Way Brownie Bites. These taste like the real thing…but with a brownie on the bottom.

Milky-Way-Brownie-Bites

I love a Milky Way. I don’t buy the bags of mini candy bars because I will eat every single one. So I do the next best thing: I make my own.

{On second thought…maybe that’s not such a good thing? That I can make them at home?}

These brownie bites start with an 8×8 pan of brownies. You can buy brownie pouches that make an 8×8 pan, or you can get a regular sized box and have some batter left over. I made the brownies in an 8×8 pan and the leftovers in a loaf pan. You could also use a muffin tin!

Once the brownies are baked and cooled it’s time to get into the Milky Way action. I found a copycat for the Milky Ways over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. It’s the real deal people! I edited the recipe slightly, to compensate for the brownie layer.

Milky-Way-Brownie-Bites

The nougat is made from chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and evaporated milk. That’s topped with a caramel layer made soft and malleable with more evaporated milk. Once the two layers are poured and firmed up on top the brownies, they slice up pretty easily (with the help of some cooking spray on the knife!)

You have two options for the chocolate coating. You can dip them completely in chocolate or drizzle it over the top. Obviously I did the drizzle method. I prefer drizzling to dipping. I would rather wait in line for the Autopia in June with no fastpass than have to dip 30 candies in chocolate. Seriously. But you can do whatever you prefer (I’ve written instructions for both in the recipe).

These are the real deal people – Milky Way candy bars made at home. You must try these!

Milky-Way-Brownie-Bites

Now, excuse me while I go save up my money for a Mickey Mouse Ear hat with my name on it. I’m trying to convince my husband we all need matching hats to wear around the park, but he’s not going for it.

We’ll see about that…

Milky Way Brownie Bites

Yield: About 30 bites

Milky Way Brownie Bites

A Milky Way candy bar copy cat set upon a bed of brownies! {Milky Way recipe slightly adapted from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts}

• 1 box brownie mix (9x13 or 8x8 size, whichever you have) plus oil, eggs, and water called for on the box
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup marshmallow fluff
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons evaporated milk, divided
  • 37 caramels, unwrapped
  • 6-12 ounces chocolate candy melts (like Candiquik)

1. Prepare brownie batter according to box directions. You want to bake them in an 8x8” pan. If you are using a family style (9x13” pan) mix, you will have extra batter. You can make the rest in a loaf pan or a muffin tin. Line your pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Bake and cool brownies completely.
  2. Remove brownies from pan and remove foil. Add new foil to the 8x8” pan and spray sides liberally with cooking spray (the milky way mixture is very sticky!) Add the brownies carefully back into the pan.
  3. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, about 30 seconds on HIGH. Stir to melt. You can microwave in increments of 10 seconds more if needed. Stir fluff and 1 1/2 tablespoons of evaporated milk into the melted chocolate chips. Pour and spread immediately over brownies in pan.
  4. Melt caramels and 2 remaining tablespoons evaporated milk in in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each. Once they are melted and smooth, pour and spread over chocolate/fluff mixture. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
  5. Once the caramel has firmed up (you should be able to leave a finger indent, but you won’t come away sticky), remove the bars from the pan and carefully remove the foil. Set the brownies on a cutting board.
  6. Spray your knife with cooking spray and cut into squares. You will need to wipe and respray your knife after every two cuts or so.
  7. You have two options for the chocolate covering. One, melt your chocolate melts in a large bowl and dip each square to completely cover. (If you do this method you will likely need the entire amount of chocolate.) Tap to remove excess chocolate and pace on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill to harden.
  8. The other option is what I did, because dipping is tedious and I don’t like doing it. Place squares on a rack set over a cookie sheet. Melt your chocolate (about 1 cup at a time) and spoon a little over the top of each square. Use the back of the spoon to spread it and make it drip down the sides. You will use less chocolate this way. Chill to harden.

Other sweets you might like:

Chocolate Fudge with Nutter Butter Crust

chocolate fudge with nutter butter crust

Sugar Cookie Bark

sugar cookie bark 1 words

Nutella Truffles by Roxana’s Home Baking
Smart Ones Double Fudge Cake Copy Cat by Something Swanky
Peanut Butter Caramel Cups by Lemons for Lulu

142 Responses to “Milky Way Brownie Bites”

1. Jenn posted on April 7, 2013 at 1:14 pm (#)

I have only been to Disneyland once when I was 18 and it was in the Summer and it was HOT. I think I need to make another trip down there, so I can get one of those Pineapple Dole Whips I see all over Pinterest.

Your Milky Way bars seriously look irresistible.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the hot part!!! I need to try a Pineapple whip. That sounds fantastic!

2. tanya posted on April 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm (#)

We are closer to Disney world and I’m crazy about it! I’ve heard Disneyland is better. I hope you guys have a great time! And yes, I think matching hats is a must!! Don’t get me started on the food! Last time I went I was pregnant. I figured I had the best excuse to eat like a pig! These look really wonderful Dorothy. I love anything caramel! Thanks for sharing my peanut butter caramel cups!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I’m going to fast before the trip so I can eat twice as much. :) Thanks Tanya!

3. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations posted on April 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm (#)

I love Milky Way. It’s been a while since I had one – it was still back in Germany. There the nougat layer is white actually. I did a quick Google search and apparently that’s more like Three Musketeers in the US. Will have to see if I can get my hands on an American Milky Way bar, if not now I could make my own ;)

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on April 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm (#)

They look AMAZING! The milky way part looks 100% totally authentic. That portion of the recipe alone is a keeper! And the whole thing together, with a brownie base, niiiiiice! Pinning!

And have fun at DL! You are being so official planning for it! Me….I would just roll up and be like, okay, what are we doing today? Lol

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I wish I could be that. But my head might explode. :) Thanks for the pin Averie!

5. Ashley posted on April 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm (#)

These look insane!! And your description of planning the Disney experience is making my head spin! I’m a Floridian and we used to go to Disney whenever my mom was feeling bored (the glory of having year-round passes) – my how times have changed!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Yes, it’s a total adventure now. :) Thanks Ashley!

6. Mom posted on April 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm (#)

These look great They also appear to be a great snack that you can stick in your purse and bring with you to Disneyland!!! lol
    I’ll take about 10, please!
    Love, Mom

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

LOL, totally!

7. Jackie posted on April 7, 2013 at 2:56 pm (#)

yet another scrumptious treat!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Thanks Jackie!

8. Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen posted on April 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm (#)

These look so yummy and I love that they’re bite-sized!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Thanks Rosie!

9. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on April 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm (#)

Someone please pinch me. Homemade milky ways on top of brownies (!!!!!!). And they are teeny tiny. Can I just have a plate of these for dinner? I freaking love milky ways.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Right? Protein has got to be in there somewhere. The milk maybe? ;) Thanks Sally!

10. Kristin posted on April 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm (#)

All of my favorite ingredients! Milk ways are my dad’s favorite, so I’m pinning this for future reference!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for the pin Kristin!

11. Summer @ Mallowandco posted on April 7, 2013 at 3:36 pm (#)

Ah! I just saw this on pinterest, and was drooling – I should have known this would be one of your creations!! Love it. And exciting you’re going to Disneyland! Am I so lame that I live like 20 minutes from it and I haven’t been in like 7-8 years at least? Yes.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Well, you’ll make up for it when after your daughter is 4. :) Thanks Summer!

12. Jen @JuanitasCocina posted on April 7, 2013 at 4:08 pm (#)

Gah. I just squealed.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Jen!

13. Cat Davis | Food Family & Finds posted on April 7, 2013 at 4:35 pm (#)

O.M.G.!!!!
    These look insane and delicious. I have to try them.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Cat!

14. Sarah E. posted on April 7, 2013 at 4:41 pm (#)

Those look unbelievably good! I always forget about Milky Ways – but I bet they are so incredible paired with brownies.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Sarah!

15. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on April 7, 2013 at 4:56 pm (#)

Gor. Geous. I want these yesterday, k?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Sure thing! :) Thanks Aimee!

16. Laura (Tutti Dolci) posted on April 7, 2013 at 5:02 pm (#)

These bites look incredible!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Thanks Laura!

17. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on April 7, 2013 at 5:20 pm (#)

I want three bites right now :) Love the photos Dorothy – such a rock star ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

LOL, thanks Trish!

18. Tiffany posted on April 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm (#)

Spreadsheets and charts? Wow, you are a DL guru! We are all about the fastpasses and the running too and fro… have fun! (And of course, YUM. That’s why I originally stopped by, to say how DELICIOUS these look/sound.)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 7th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Thanks Tiffany!

19. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on April 7, 2013 at 6:19 pm (#)

It is crazy on the planning that must go into trips to Disneyland/World. There is just so much to do and figure out. Happy booking. :-)

So cute. I would eat too many of these.

20. Whitney @ The Newlywed Chefs posted on April 7, 2013 at 6:40 pm (#)

Dorothy, these look out of this world! We’ll have to try these soon. And eat the whole pan. Yum.

21. Tieghan posted on April 7, 2013 at 7:08 pm (#)

These look crazy delicious!! So yummy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:14 am

Thanks Tieghan!

22. what katie's baking posted on April 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm (#)

oh my gosh, dorothy, you are always making me drool!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:14 am

My pleasure Katie!

23. Tina @ Tina's Chic posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:08 pm (#)

Milky way candies are one of my favorite! I have got to make these delicious delights asap!!
    I can totally relate to your planning your upcoming vacation because I’m a planner too! My sister and her family went to Disney World a couple of months ago…she made matching Mickey shirts for the 4 of them to wear. I bet once you guys are down their your husband will wear the hat because everyone wears Mickey attire when they’re at Disney…”when in Rome!”

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:13 am

I have to remind him he actually bought goofy ears when we went the first time. But it may have been to impress me since we were just dating. ;) Thanks Tina!

24. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:17 pm (#)

Just box me up all your leftovers ok? These look freaking delicious!!! I love love love milky ways!!! We are headed to Universal in just about 60 days as well. Sounds like we both will be scoping out all the fun desserts for copycats :-) I can’t wait to see what you make!!! And your planning? You are a crazy organized woman…can you plan my trip too???

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:13 am

Ha! I want to plan like that. I’m a tad busier now than I was 2 years ago… so we’ll see how that goes! :)

25. Back for Seconds posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:25 pm (#)

Oh. My. Word.
    I neeeeeed these! Brownies an Milky Ways all in one? So perfect!!
    You will have a blast in Disneyland! Planning is stressful but the trip itself will be so memorable and awesome. We had so much fun in Disney World last year… Can’t wait to go back when my twins are old enough to remember :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:12 am

It’s seriously my favorite place. I want to live in Disneyland… :)

26. Susan posted on April 7, 2013 at 8:36 pm (#)

I’ve never been much of a Milky Way person, but put some peanuts in there and I’ll take a Snicker’s Brownie anytime:-D

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:11 am

Yes! YUM! Thanks Susan!

27. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes posted on April 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm (#)

These look so good!! Milky Ways are a fave of mine. I just LOVE your photos – they are gorgeous.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:11 am

Thanks Ashley!!

28. Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com posted on April 8, 2013 at 1:56 am (#)

Whaaaat! I am loving this combo! Milky Ways aren’t my favorite (not enough going on–give me some crunch or some salt!) but I can totally see pairing them with brownies. Genius idea!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:11 am

Thanks Elizabeth!

29. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on April 8, 2013 at 3:32 am (#)

1. Tell Mel all the cool kids where the ears.
    2. $35 for a pancake nearly made me fall off the elliptical laughing
    3. YOU CAN MAKE NAUGAT AT HOME?!?!?
    4. I will be opting for left over brownie batter eaten with a spoon thankyouverymuch.
    5. These look awesome!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:04 am

#4. YES totally. Much better idea. :) Thanks Lisa!

30. Louise at Cake and Calico posted on April 8, 2013 at 4:51 am (#)

No, no, no. You are too naughty. Disney and Milky Way Brownies all in one post? LOL! (I’m right with you on the drizzled rather than dipped chocolate though. Life is too short!)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:03 am

LOL, glad I’m not alone on the chocolate drizzle! Thanks Louise!

31. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on April 8, 2013 at 5:11 am (#)

These look so delicious. I can not buy candy bars at all unless I am baking with them because I seriously will eat the whole thing! I have never braved the world of Disney. It is funny you said grid charts and spreadsheets. I am sure it can be utter chaos.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:03 am

Total and complete! Thanks Nancy!

32. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies posted on April 8, 2013 at 5:29 am (#)

First of all, this recipe looks crazy amazing and I’m pre-emptively blaming you for ruining my diet I just decided to restart after you ruined it last week ;-)

I don’t have kids, but I’m always rediculously excited about Disney! Most of the restaurants are pretty used to picky kids (and picky adults with weirdo dietary restrictions, like me) and will work with you to customize what they have. I know for a fact that several of the restaurants have vegetarian options not listed on their menus (or even some of the menu’s online everyday people seem to have spent way too much of their life putting together), so I bet they have picky meals for kids, too.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:02 am

Thanks good to know Kelly! :) Sorry about the diet, story of my life… ;)

33. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on April 8, 2013 at 6:17 am (#)

There goes another day of dieting down the drain. ;) I totally need to makes these! Milky Way and I go wayyyy back. They are my favorite and I have not had them in so long. I am going to be thinking of these all day now. You are so clever Dorothy! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Yeah, story of my life Jennifer!! :) Thank you!

34. Deborah posted on April 8, 2013 at 6:43 am (#)

We are hoping to do Disney this year, but probably in the fall. It’s the one good thing about not having kids in school!! And I want about a dozen of these. They could be very dangerous!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Totally – we went in Feb and in May before. Best times to go! :) Thank you!

35. Dana posted on April 8, 2013 at 8:24 am (#)

These look incredible and so dangerous! I love Milky Way. Yummm

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Thanks Dana!

36. carrian posted on April 8, 2013 at 8:28 am (#)

:( How dare you do this to me. Didn’t you know I was trying to ignore my sweet tooth today after eating junk for a week? Shoot, I better just wait until Saturday and have this be our weekend sweet.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Story of my life!! Oh sugar. I wish I could quit you. ;) Thanks Carrian!

37. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on April 8, 2013 at 8:41 am (#)

Yeah, you sell your soul and pay $51 dollars for a churro, but it IS the best dang churro there is, so I guess you can’t complain too much about losing money and a body part.

I LOVE THESE DOROTHY!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:37 am

LOL, totally best churros! Thanks Hayley!

39. Annie @ Annie's Noms posted on April 8, 2013 at 10:24 am (#)

Ahhh these look so amazing!! Have to make these soon, I love milky ways and brownies, they must be awesome together! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Thanks Annie!

40. Geni posted on April 8, 2013 at 11:12 am (#)

So totally YUM! :) Great idea Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Thanks Geni!

41. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts posted on April 8, 2013 at 11:38 am (#)

I am in love with these almost more than the original Milky Way; which is pretty much my favorite candy bar! And brownies are my favorite dessert, so I guess it is fitting :)
    Thanks for the linky love!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for the amazing recipe Erin!

42. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on April 8, 2013 at 11:40 am (#)

I didn’t think Milky Ways could get any better but adding a brownie layer?! Oh Mama. You want to know something sad? I lived in California for 14 years and never once went to Disneyland Land. Keep me updated on your trip so I can live vicariously through you.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

What!!!???? No way! You must go to Disney sometime. Best place ever!

43. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on April 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm (#)

These brownies look and sound amazing! Have fun at Disneyland … just remember to bring your patience! I haven’t been there during the summer in some time, but I’m sure it will be crowded. On the positive side … all the stores on Main Street are air-conditioned :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I know, I think my patience will be tried for sure!! Thanks Brenda!

44. Karissa K. @ Sweet As A Cookie posted on April 8, 2013 at 1:53 pm (#)

These look amazing!
    I wish I wouldn’t have changed my diet to healthier foods.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Yeah, I tried to do that. Then I got a box of cookies to review today. *Sigh*

45. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on April 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm (#)

No way! These are amazing! My husband would be one happy man if I made these for him! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Thanks Jessica!

46. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on April 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm (#)

These sound so fabulous! I smiled when I read about your Disney planning – I’ve been to Disney World twice in the past 5-7 years (once with my husband and another time with my nieces). I get a tad obsessed with the planning…with dining reservations, touring plans, and all of that! We don’t always stick to the plan exactly, but it still helps so much, especially in those hectic morning hours!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I love it all! Even down to the snack planning. :) Thanks Jennifer!

47. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on April 8, 2013 at 2:55 pm (#)

These look great, but let’s talk about the most exciting thing:

EEEEEE DISNEY I LOVE DISNEY FUN FUN FUN!!!!

I’m going to Disney World for just a couple days with my family & godfamily (this will be my 4th time) this December and I am STOKED

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I hope we can get to Disney World someday!! Thanks Kayle!

48. Liz posted on April 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm (#)

SOLD! I’m making these babies… Thanks so much for sharing, Dorothy. I’m always inspired when I stop by :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Thanks Liz!! :)

49. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on April 8, 2013 at 5:45 pm (#)

Yes! These are perfect! The perfect little bite size treat. Pinned to my food board, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 8th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Thanks Julie!

50. Rita posted on April 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm (#)

Yum, you had me at Milky Way Bites! Thanks for sharing.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Rita!

51. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on April 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm (#)

We went to Disney World last summer and my kiddo has been asking when we can go back ever since our return flight home. We paid something like $15 per refillable drinking cup at our hotel, and that was the cheapest part of the trip. It was a blast, though. :-) I’m dying over these Milky Way Brownie Bites – you are a genius!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I wish they had those cups at Disneyland!!! I’d totally get one. :) Thanks Ashley!

52. Lindsey (Lou Lou Biscuit) posted on April 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm (#)

You are seriously a genius. These look so good!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Thanks Lindsey!

• Barbara replied on April 12th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Reading the recipe and I noticed that you wrote to melt the chocolate chips in 30 minute increments…our new cooks out there may not realize that it’s 30 seconds! These look scrumptious and I will be making them!

53. Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas posted on April 9, 2013 at 6:41 am (#)

Yum!!! These are totally divine, and I want some right now for breakfast!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Joanne!

54. Christy @ My Invisible Crown posted on April 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm (#)

Oh these look so good! I’m having a serious chocolate craving right now so I may just have to make a batch soon.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Christy!

55. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen posted on April 9, 2013 at 5:33 pm (#)

I’m giving you major points for visiting in the summer! Blah. When I was living in FL, I tried not to go outside much in the summer. I wasn’t cut out for that heat! Spring and fall were much better for me :)

I can’t decide if I’m super smart or super dumb for not making my own homemade candy yet…These are adorable!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 6:39 am

Thanks Loretta!

56. Abby posted on April 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm (#)

Okay. First, please please please share some of your spreadsheets and charts regarding DisneyWorld. Unless you were joking….in which case, maybe I really am the only one who enjoys things like that. Second, my husband LOVES Milky Ways. Why wouldn’t he? I think these are the perfect thing to make come Father’s Day/birthday/anniversary time in mid-June. Thanks for sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 6:30 am

Thanks Abby! Oh, I’m serious all right. I need to get on it…but it’s Disneyland. I wish it was World!

57. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking posted on April 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm (#)

If my husband sees these you can bet I’m making them first thing in the morning. Milky way it’s his favorite candy!

58. Brooks posted on April 10, 2013 at 7:25 am (#)

Dorothy, I’d bet these scrumptious bites are better than the original. Terrific work and they come together easily too! Enjoy the visit to Disneyland this summer.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thanks Brooks!

59. Michelle posted on April 10, 2013 at 9:15 am (#)

I am officially speechless…and hungry!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Thanks Michelle!

60. Pingback: Milky Way Brownie Bites - Sweet N Sour Deals

61. Christi posted on April 10, 2013 at 11:03 am (#)

Oh my goodness, chocolate lover’s dream! These look amazing, can’t wait to try them out. Thanks for sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thanks Christi!

62. Shannon @ Searching For Dessert posted on April 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm (#)

I LOVE Milky Ways and I’m so excited that this recipe uses fluff instead of actual marshmallows (no gelatin). I will be making these very soon! Thanks for sharing :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I never realized that about marshmallows vs. fluff. Good to know!

63. Sheila posted on April 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm (#)

I will definitely have to make these, they are right up my alley! Heaven in a bite!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Thanks Sheila!

64. DesignedByBH posted on April 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm (#)

Oh, wow…pretty sure I don’t need to say anything else! ;-)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 11th, 2013 at 6:24 am

Thanks!!

65. YinMom YangMom Allie posted on April 12, 2013 at 9:40 am (#)

First off: Those brownies look insanely delicious! Milky Way is one of my favorite candies and brownies…! I would devour the entire pan!

Second: AAACK! We’ll be on our first trip to Disney in less than a month and we don’t have any dinner reservations! I didn’t know it’d be so complicated! Spread sheets and grid charts? Scheduled pee breaks??? Yikes, I think we are in for a rude awakening!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 14th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I think it’s more fun if you throw caution to the wind. I’m not like that though, I’d have an aneurism. ;)

66. Barbara posted on April 12, 2013 at 10:27 pm (#)

I am absolutely going to be making these but in reading the recipe, you wrote to melt the chocolate chips for 30 minutes and I am thinking of all those new cooks out there who might actually do this in following the recipe! Thank you for a great recipe!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am

OMG thank you. Stupid typos. ;)

67. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik posted on April 16, 2013 at 6:14 am (#)

omg – I’m drooling over these. Somehow I missed these and just now came across them! Sharing! Thanks :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 16th, 2013 at 6:53 am

Thanks Sarah!

68. Pingback: Link Party 122 Features

69. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on April 17, 2013 at 9:16 pm (#)

You’re making me SO JEALOUS with all the Disneyland talk!! We are trying so hard to wait until our Cars-obsessed 3 yr old is tall enough for Racers but it is KILLING me. I’m with you on the schedules and pee-breaks ;) I love all the planning and obsessing that goes into it. (< I realize this makes me sound like a psycho.) Do you ever check out the DIS forums?

Also, these brownie bites are one of the cutest things I've ever seen on your blog, and you have lots of great stuff! Love them.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 18th, 2013 at 8:03 am

NO! What are the forums? I need to find my way onto those. Thanks so much Katie!

• Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate replied on April 18th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Ohhhh girl. You are not going to thank me for this..

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26 (I believe that is the Disneyland one- but if not, just scroll until you see the Disneyland section.)

I LOVE these forums. I could waste hours reading all the threads. They give really wonderful information and your will be surrounded by fellow planning freaks ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 18th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Thank you!!

70. Tracey posted on April 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm (#)

My mouth is watering as I read…and I mean literally :) There are so many delicious recipes on your blog…LOVE! I’m going to go buy the rest of ingredients (that I don’t have) so I can whip up a batch this afternoon. Also, crazy question, but what font do you use for the titles of the recipes? I love it! I just want to get it for my own personal use…no blogging here. I leave that to you awesome people. Thanks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 20th, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Thank you!! I hope you love them! I use Picmonkey.com for most of my stuff. They have all sorts of cool fonts! I know those were from there. Those two are Luckiest Guy and Sacramento.

71. Pingback: Milky Way Brownie Bites Tuck Hahn for Crust - Where Home Starts

72. Pingback: Brownie Cookie S'mores - Crazy for Crust

73. Pingback: Fudgey Chocolate Chunk Brownies - Something Swanky

74. Pingback: Butterscotch Squares copycat recipe {Amazon giveaway} - Crazy for Crust

75. Pingback: My 15 favorite recipes of 2013 - Crazy for Crust