Mar 29

Bunny Pies {Crust and Crumbs}

Happy Weekend everyone!

Crust & Crumbs

It’s time for Crust and Crumbs: your weekly slice of (my) life. A post of random…and sugar.

pie bunnies 2

1. This week I posted these Bunny Pies over at Marie Callender’s. They are super easy to make, and your kids will LOVE them if you need a last minute Easter treat! Go check them out!

2. Spring Break is kicking my bottom! I swear I still have 1,345,097 things on my to-do list.

3. OMG this Skinny Reese’s Milkshake is all I can think about. And the variations are endless. Also, on the totally opposite end of the spectrum, I need this Reese’s Potato Chip Bark. I’ve got Reese’s on the brain, methinks…

4. I made you more lemon treats this week.

lemon coconut blondies05-1words

Lemon Coconut Blondies

5. Bloggers, I have a FB tip for you. When you share a photo and a link, share the photo with your comment, and press enter with NO link. Immediately click the photo, and click “edit” when the pop-up shows. Add the link in your description then. Facebook treats this as just a photo, not a link and you (typically) get more shares. I haven’t figured out the magical sharing time on FB yet, but if I do this and hit it right I get tons of shares.

What’s your best time for sharing on FB?

6. We are visiting Mel’s family right now, and Jordan is playing with her almost 3-year-old cousin constantly. People: he tired her out. Which I thought was the most hilarious thing ever!

7. I made you breakfast this week. Interested? You should be. The syrup is DA BOMB.

overnight-banana-baked-french-toast25-4words

Overnight Banana Stuffed French Toast with Banana Syrup

8. I ran on Wednesday. Then I did 70 squats and planked. I think I deserve a medal. Or, 2,345 Mini Cadbury Eggs.

9. April Fool’s! I made you savory this week.

pork-buns03-1words

Homemade Pork Buns {made with turkey}

10. I love San Diego. A lot.

Have a great weekend everyone! If you celebrate Easter, I hope it’s amazing and the Easter Bunny brings you lots of Cadbury Mini Eggs. :)

25 Responses to “Bunny Pies {Crust and Crumbs}”

1. Jenn posted on March 29, 2013 at 7:21 pm (#)

Thanks for the FB tip! Your bunny pie is adorable.

2. Back for Seconds posted on March 29, 2013 at 8:19 pm (#)

That bunny pie is super cute! Love it! And, yeah. 3 year olds can tire anyone out, lol! But they sure are fun :)
    You have made some awesome recipes this week, girl! I am loving that banana syrup! Have a wonderful Easter with your family!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:22 am

Totally! The laugh is worth the exhaustion. :)

3. Heather @ French Press posted on March 29, 2013 at 8:21 pm (#)

oh how i love San Diego…have a great time

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 29, 2013 at 8:21 pm (#)

I had no idea about that FB tip and I am so painfully dense when it comes to using FB that half of that was over my head :) I forgot you guys are in San Diego right now! Well I hope you’re enjoying it and I hope the weather stays nice!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 30th, 2013 at 7:05 am

I can walk you through it if you want! It works sometimes, but not always. I’ve had a lot more shares and reach since I started doing it! We’re leaving today, right when the weather is getting cloudy. Yesterday was perfect down by the water!

5. Kristin posted on March 29, 2013 at 10:36 pm (#)

Awesome on the squats!
    I’m going to try your carrot cake roll on Sunday.

Go eat those Cadbury Eggs!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:21 am

Oh, I did. Almost a whole bag (sigh). :) Thanks Kristin!

6. Susan posted on March 30, 2013 at 7:53 am (#)

Now, who wouldn’t want a bunny pie! I’m doing a strawberry~rhubarb crumble…in a jar for Easter, but probably will add something chocolate as well. Next year, if my grands are around, I’ll do this cute pies; they’d love them, XOXO

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:19 am

Love the jars! They make everything better. :)

7. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 30, 2013 at 8:22 am (#)

Awww how sweet that Jordan got to play with her lil cousin!! Love that age!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:19 am

I know, it’s so sweet. They never see each other and love each other so much! Thanks Kayle!

9. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 30, 2013 at 12:23 pm (#)

Hope you’re having fun in San Diego Dorothy – Happy Easter!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks Trish! Happy Easter to you too!

10. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on March 30, 2013 at 2:41 pm (#)

Great FB tip! I am going to try this going forward. I actually just tried it with your Lemon Coconut Blondies. We shall see if they get more hits! Those look so good.

Have a Happy Easter, Dorothy. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks Julie! It’s so strange how sometimes it works…and sometimes it doesn’t. But when it works, it really works! Thanks for sharing!

11. Cindy Eikenberg posted on March 31, 2013 at 4:37 am (#)

Thanks for the FB, Dorthy, now let’s see if I can remember! Thanks for sharing – love the Pork Buns so much! Have a Happy Easter!

12. Megan @ megbakes posted on April 1, 2013 at 3:02 pm (#)

Your story about your daughter was so precious. I was scared of Santa, but never really the Easter Bunny. Love the pies you shared and I hope you had a great Easter!

13. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons posted on April 3, 2013 at 10:33 am (#)

Your Bunny Pie is adorable! Never knew that about FB…will have to try it! All of it is getting a bit hard for me to keep up with..thanks for the tip!:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 3rd, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Ditto that – I feel like I work all day and am never done!! :) Thanks Jill!