Jan 24

Peanut Apple Butter Bites

Peanut Apple Butter Bites

So I guess there is a big game coming up? Who knew?

Kidding. I know all about it. Believe me.

You’re probably starting to think about snacks to serve at your party, right? Or something to snack on while your husband ignores you and the kids for 8 straight hours of pre-game, during-game, and post-game?

Well, I have just the snack for you.

Peanut Apple Butter Bites

When Musselman’s contacted me about making a game day treat with their Apple Butter, I scratched my head a little.

Pie? I’ve done that. Dip? It’s been done. Lots. What else could I make that would be perfect for a game day snack?

Well, that’s just it – I needed a snack. What do you serve at Super Bowl parties? Snack foods. Bite sized. People don’t break out a sheet cake to celebrate the big win. Well maybe they do but that’s only if they reeealllly like their team.

The first thing that comes to mine when I think of snack and apples is peanut butter. It was a natural progression to mix the peanut butter and apple butter. I added some graham cracker crumbs for texture and binding. You could roll the finished product in peanuts, as I have, or in graham cracker crumbs, or even dip them in chocolate!

These are really good – and kid approved. The apple butter adds a spicy depth to the peanut butter. These would be a great addition to any party – a somewhat healthier addition to a calorie-laden game day table. AND they are super good frozen – straight from the freezer. A great afternoon snack!

And they’re pretty too! :)

Peanut Apple Butter Bites

Guess what? Today is Hayley’s Birthday. You know, my BFF Hayley, aka The Domestic Rebel. Go on over and wish her a happy birthday, mmkay? I hope you are having a super fantastic day Hayley! I heart you!

Peanut Apple Butter Bites

Yield: Makes about 20 bites (1 tablespoon)

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
  • 1 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts

Directions:

1. Stir together peanut butter and apple butter in a medium sized bowl. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of the peanut butter mixture onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet (dough will be soft). Roll into uniformed sized balls. Place chopped peanuts in a small bowl and roll the balls in them to coat.
  3. Store in refrigerator; they can also be frozen.

Find Musselman’s Apple Butter in the jam/jelly aisle of your grocery store. You can also find more recipes online at Musselman’s.com.

Connect with Musselman’s
WEBSITE / FACEBOOK / PINTEREST

Other apple goodness you might like:

Apple Butter Pie Bars

apple butter pie bars 4 words

Crumb Apple Pie

apple crumb pie 6 words

Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Cookies by A Kitchen Addiction
English Apple Cinnamon Pasties by Something Swanky

I was given a jar of apple butter and a bowl from Musselman’s in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

37 Responses to “Peanut Apple Butter Bites”

1. aimee @ shugarysweets posted on January 24, 2013 at 3:54 pm (#)

These are adorable Dorothy!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 24th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thanks Aimee!

2. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on January 24, 2013 at 4:15 pm (#)

What a fun and unique way to enjoy apple butter!! Love how cute and pretty they are!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 24th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thanks Jocelyn! And they’re super good too. :)

3. Susan posted on January 24, 2013 at 4:40 pm (#)

I love fruit butters–apple and pumpkin are two of my favorite. The recipe(s) look amazing and even though I’m not a football fan, I may still have to make these:-D

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 24th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I’ve been eating them as afternoon snacks and sending them for lunches. They are a great fast bite!

4. Kristin posted on January 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, now I know what to do with the ginormous jar of apple butter in the fridge. Thank you! Pinning!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am

I know right? I liked these more than I thought I would. And they are amazing frozen, right from the freezer!

5. Heather @French Press posted on January 24, 2013 at 7:25 pm (#)

I was thinking they looked pretty darn perfect, and then you said dip them in chocolate – OKAY
    that is my kinds of superbowl snack

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 6:34 am

Totally. And quasi-healthy!

6. Aly Mashrah posted on January 24, 2013 at 8:37 pm (#)

That is awesome! Looks so good. Do you mind if I use your photo in a SuperBowl appetizer post I’m writing? I will give you proper credit and include a link to your recipe as well. Let me know (:

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 6:34 am

That’s fine Aly! As long as there is a link but no recipe. :) Thanks so much!

7. Debi @ Adorned From Above posted on January 24, 2013 at 10:44 pm (#)

These look so good. Great recipe and so pretty. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

8. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik posted on January 25, 2013 at 6:41 am (#)

these sound great…and super easy, too! Thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 6:52 am

Thanks Sarah!

9. Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake posted on January 25, 2013 at 6:52 am (#)

These sound great! Such a creative snack idea!

10. Ugochi posted on January 25, 2013 at 8:54 am (#)

I love peanuts, I am sure I would love these, thanks for sharing, do have a super blessed day!
    Love

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy!

11. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on January 25, 2013 at 12:59 pm (#)

I love apple butter. I think I would eat a lot of these.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I did eat a lot of them, lol!

12. val posted on January 25, 2013 at 2:06 pm (#)

These are bite size perfection!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Thanks val!

13. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on January 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm (#)

I can see myself eating a lot of these straight from the freezer! :) Thanks for the mention!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I totally did!

14. Gina posted on January 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm (#)

Well those just look fabulous! Printing now.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 25th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for the pin Gina!

15. Jessi posted on January 26, 2013 at 1:48 am (#)

I’m really excited about these – apple butter is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 27th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Thanks Jessi!

16. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on January 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm (#)

I’m all for snack foods at any kind of party! :-) I love apple butter, but I never think about using it in ways like this–what a fab idea!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 27th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Ashley! They’re really good, I’m still eating them from the freezer!

18. Pingback: What’s For Dinner? March 4-10 | Kitschy Krista

19. Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers posted on April 9, 2013 at 6:29 am (#)

These sound great, Dorothy!

Easy & yummy. I like that!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 9th, 2013 at 2:15 pm