Dec 07

Whatever Friday

Happy Weekend everyone! I hope you had a great week! Here’s what I did…

1. First, a bit of Facebook advice. If you have a blog, you NEED to install a Facebook Like Box on your site. You get code from Facebook and put it in any widget area. You can fill out all the information and get the code here. I put it in my footer, right under the comments. On November 4th I had 2,641 Facebook likes on my page. Today? I have 3,521. That’s almost 1,000 new likes in one month, people. Go do it. NOW. :) Oh, and then go see Joan for all her Facebook advice. That helps your reach.

2. Christmas baking is in full swing around here. I have 3 batches of cookies in my freezer…with more coming. And candy. And a pie. Be ready family. Be ready.

3. This week I…

Wore my fat pants.

Fed my addiction.

Talked about magical wrapping.

Re-introduced you to the best candy bark EVER.

And I also rounded up my favorite Christmas treats from last year. Go take a look!

4. The winners of the Heirloom Cookie Sheets were Barbara N. and Maureen B. Congrats ladies! I’m going to have another giveaway next week, you won’t want to miss it!

5. Because you love family photos, right?

Jenny did my planking for me this week. I was too tired.

FYI. 7+ from 30 years ago does not necessarily mean 7+ in 2012. Note to self: if you don’t remember the movie, watch it first.

Yes. I AM that dog owner, thankyouverymuch. {In my defense, the groomer gave it to us…}

6. I know LED lights are supposed to save me money, but you know what? My Christmas tree just looks plain weird.

7. I am about halfway through Water for Elephants. It’s SO good. I also have Reached (the 3rd Matched book) next in my lineup. What are you reading?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I’m hoping to finish up some of my shopping. Are you doing anything exciting?

See you all Sunday night with more sugar. Because you can’t get enough, right?

xo, Dorothy

22 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on December 7, 2012 at 3:06 pm (#)

I had no clue about the Facebook box. Vanessa installed it on my new site and in the last 2 weeks I’ve gotten 200 new likes! I guess she knows what she is doing, haha! And yes, Joan is a Facebook genius, isn’t she?!?! Happy Friday, Dorothy!

2. Kristin posted on December 7, 2012 at 3:43 pm (#)

I don’t remember finishing the 2nd Matched book. Did you like it? You’ll have to let me know how Reached is!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 7th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I did. It was awhile back though, so I need to refresh my memory!!

3. Ellen@Bake It With Booze posted on December 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm (#)

I’ll be making cookies this weekend as well. I’m on the down low as far are my ususal extravaganza…Just a few to share. And, your peppermint clouds cookies, well, I just may have to venture into those very, very soon. Think: peppermint kahlua! Happy Holidays, Dorothy!

4. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on December 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm (#)

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love the Ginger ornament! So amazing. I want one for Mannie and Oreo, but I would just need to look at my dinner plate (sigh) to find the hair I needed. UGH for having hairy dogs, amirite? Callie needs one now :)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 7th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I know, right? The plates, the floor, the bed, the couch…shall I go on???

5. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on December 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm (#)

That’s great about all the new likes, Dorothy. I didn’t realise so many scrolled that far down.. LOL. I’ve been noticing a rise in my FB likes too since my social networking is higher on my WP blog now but wonder if installing the box will make a difference.

And E.T. I’m with you on that one. I used to love E.T as a child myself but I knew lots of people that were terrified. And the whole dying scene isn’t age appropriate for a 7 y/o!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 9th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

It makes a HUGE difference!

6. Susan posted on December 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm (#)

Haven’t you been a busy little elf!! Your treats are so festive and look simply divine!

7. Back For Seconds posted on December 7, 2012 at 8:13 pm (#)

Ummm, ok. I will install a like box ;)
    Your photos are so beautiful, Dorothy!! Good job!
    I need to read water for elephants. It’s been on my list for awhile.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 9th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Stephanie! Enjoy the book, I’m mailing it tomorrow. :)

8. Heather @French Press posted on December 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm (#)

thanks for the tips – I just added my widget!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 9th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Yay! It’s such a great one!

9. Mom posted on December 8, 2012 at 7:20 am (#)

I’m always ready (#2 above)! lol
    Love, Mom

10. Shiloh Barkley posted on December 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm (#)

I’m reading the beach house by Jane green. Pretty good! I spent 12 weeks with The Host and finally gave up. Just awful.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 9th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I’ve read that! It’s good. I’ve heard that about The Host, never tried it. :)

11. Bobbi posted on December 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm (#)

Thanks for the tip on the Facebook like button! I’ll be doing that tonight (because I TOTES need more things to help me procrastinate from studying for finals tomorrow).

I’ve never seen the dog hair thing done before, but my mom recently discovered that a friend makes clay-dough ornaments and so she’d given us a cartoony clay version of our pug each year since we got married. :-)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

How adorable! I’d hang that on my tree. Good luck with finals!